[2000] Witch Hunters-Mobilized Force - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[2000] Witch Hunters-Mobilized Force

Hq-201
    Saint Celestine

Troops-400
    [10] SoB: (2) Storm Bolters,(1) Vetw/Plasma Pistol/CCW,Rhino-199
    [10] SoB: (2) Flamers,(1) Vet w/Plasma Pistol/CCW,Rhino-201

Fast-484
    [1] Dominion Squad:[4]Storm Bolters, (1) Vet Sup PP/CCW
    Immolator:Multi-Melta,Extra Armor-195

[1] Dominion Squad:[4]Flamers,(1) VetSup,PP/CCW
    Immolator:Heavy-Bolter,Extra Armor-184

[1] Seraphim Squad-(3) Seraphim+(1)TwinFLamers+(1) VetSup-105

Heavy Support-720
    [3] Penitent Engines-240
    [3] Penitent Engines-240
    [3] Penitent Engines-240

Total Points-1805
    Faith Points-8

The Penitents rush forward in a frenzy while the rhinos and immolators flank them, the Seraphim is joined by saint celestine and follow behind the PE...
    So what do you think I have around 195 points left, but dont know what to spend it on.

Oh yeah I also need to stick a priest somewhere in here...

Last edited by Gimmers; August 4th, 2005 at 00:38.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    62 (x4)

Unless the enemy has very little shooting, none of those penitents will ever reach combat. They will allow the tanks to get closer, but it's far too expensive

Your Seraphim squad is only 4 models (or 5 and you paid too little points) this is illegal.

Leave your immolators with the flamers, and give that other dominion squad meltas instead of SBs. You don't need more bolter shots in a sisters army

Switch those SBs to flamers in the SoB squad. Or switch to meltas. Either way.

Ditch the living saint, and get 2 canonesses with jump packs. Slightly more expensive, more faith, martyrdom isn't completely screwed over. Better for morale (w-book of st lucius), more flexible in combat role. WAY better over all. And the living saint is too dangerous. If she dies and you roll badly, you can basically assume that you've lost. (if it's early in the game)
    You have just recieved the Amish Computer Virus. Since the Amish don't have computers, it is based on the honor system. So please delete all the files from your computer. Thank you for you cooperation.

Votewar 40k Mk1- 2nd Place
    Votewar FB 1- 1st Place
    Votewar 40k Mk5- 1st Place

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm I highly doubt that. The standard bolter wont even penetrate it. Even so you still have alot more PE's coming. With the extra points i think i will put cannoness's in with more seraphim.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

jesus man there are tons of penetant engines...but thats probaly the idea

I'd get u some more tank busting thingys, ranged of course, exorsist maybe?

I would get rid of the PPs as they are just too expensive to be truly useful.

to get the priest jus remove the saint, stick in a cannonse and then stick in the priest.

just a word of warning: you're gona have tons of fun with this list ^_^
    "Heresy is like a garden weed, it won't stop feeding until you... BURN THE WHOLE DAMN GARDEN WITH A FLAMER, BURN IT, BURN IT TO HELL!!!!!" "Is there a wittle puppy in the garden? ITS A DAEMON! BURN IT!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

62 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Gimmers
    Hmm I highly doubt that. The standard bolter wont even penetrate it. Even so you still have alot more PE's coming. With the extra points i think i will put cannoness's in with more seraphim.
    The enemy won't be shooting them with bolters. Assault cannons would rip through them. So would any heavy weapons (who don't have anything better to shoot at). Basically, they're going to be taking damage FAST

Examples: (all one turn of firing
    Necron example: I snatched an average list
    (assuming that you're at <18" from their line, and 1/2 the warriors march forward and RF)
    6 destoyer guns 162/81 penitents killed average
    2 HD guns 52/81
    10 Immortal guns 40/81
    40 Warrior guns 120/81
    Monolith gun 36/81ish

Almost exactly 5 penitents destroyed

Space Marine Example: I just grabbed a random list

1 Hunter Killer- kills 7/27 penitents killed average
    1 TL heavy bolter 4/27
    5 Lascannons 40/27+ 10/81
    4 Heavy bolters 12/27
    4 Assault Cannons 32/27

Total 95/27+ 10/81, or about 3.5 per turn

Eldar example: I created an average biel-tan list

6 starcannons 3/2 penitents killed average
    4 shurikannons 1
    6 fusion guns (dropped next to the penitents by a falcon) 56/27
    2 TL Bright lances 7/12
    5 reaper launchers 20/81

Total is about 5.5 penitents destroyed

Proof that they'll die fast. Note: I had basically every big weapon in the army shoot them, since the seraphim and the living saint can be tied up in CC, and they aren't as urgent. I also picked armies with more firepower than some of the less played lists. ALSO, I disregarded any result other than destroyed. To include every other roll that would put them out of order, or at least stop them moving, the values can be approximately doubled. Point is, if the enemy plays smart none of your penitents are ever going to reach CC.

Do I make my point. Some PEs are OK, though not quite worth their points. However, not that many points.
    You have just recieved the Amish Computer Virus. Since the Amish don't have computers, it is based on the honor system. So please delete all the files from your computer. Thank you for you cooperation.

Votewar FB 1- 1st Place

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

umm for the space marine example the hunter killer only works once so the average is off :p

sides who'd have 5 friggin lascannons?
    "Heresy is like a garden weed, it won't stop feeding until you... BURN THE WHOLE DAMN GARDEN WITH A FLAMER, BURN IT, BURN IT TO HELL!!!!!" "Is there a wittle puppy in the garden? ITS A DAEMON! BURN IT!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

62 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by bald inquisitor
    umm for the space marine example the hunter killer only works once so the average is off :p

sides who'd have 5 friggin lascannons?
    That average was for 1 turn of shooting. And yeah, I know it would go down FRACTIONALLY. But it really isn't important.

Someone who puts them in their dev squads instead of missile launchers.

Votewar FB 1- 1st Place

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheWamp
    Proof that they'll die fast. Note: I had basically every big weapon in the army shoot them,

I also picked armies with more firepower than some of the less played lists.

ALSO, I disregarded any result other than destroyed.

Point is, if the enemy plays smart none of your penitents are ever going to reach CC.
    Nice math chief. Your logic always astounds me, if it has the ability to be killed, it is not worth the points. Exorcists, immolators, rhinos, cannoness, everything ever, are just as easily destroyed by:

Every big weapon in the army shooting them.

Armies with more firepower than some less played lists.

Any result other than destroyed disreguarded.
    Last edited by melvinthehun; August 7th, 2005 at 00:22.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x3)

Penitents wont really survive. A meager armour of 11 and Open-Topped is never good. Combined with the fact that they must always move and if a squadron of vehicles ahs one vehicle immobilised then if they squadron mvoes it counts as destroyed, all immobilised results are effectively destroyed results too.

So basically, any Glances need but a 4+ to Destroy you and any Penetrating Hits need a 2+ to destroy you. The odds really aren't in your favour especially with only AV11 protecting you. TheWamp has the right idea of how quickly they will get destroyed versus pretty much all armies other than entirely close combat ones.
    You cannot win, for to fight us is to give us power.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nebulas
    Penitents wont really survive. A meager armour of 11 and Open-Topped is never good. Combined with the fact that they must always move and if a squadron of vehicles ahs one vehicle immobilised then if they squadron mvoes it counts as destroyed, all immobilised results are effectively destroyed results too.

So basically, any Glances need but a 4+ to Destroy you and any Penetrating Hits need a 2+ to destroy you. The odds really aren't in your favour especially with only AV11 protecting you. TheWamp has the right idea of how quickly they will get destroyed versus pretty much all armies other than entirely close combat ones.
    um not really, if the oppnent gets a weapon destroyed result (3 on pene and 5 on glancing i think) then the engine doesn't die.

+ Reply to Thread