Noob IG 1000 Point Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Noob IG 1000 Point Army

I am a noob to the guard and i just finished my 100 poitn army list.

pleas feel free to leave feedback

its a modern soviet army theme

HQ
    "Comrade Colonel" (Senior Officer)
    Power sword
    Plasma Pistol
    Master Vox Operator
    Lascannon Team
    Regular Guardsman

115 pts
    ----------------------------------------------------
    ELIETS
    "Spetsnaz" (Stormtroopers)
    10 Stromtroopers
    2 melta guns
    Vox Operator
    Deep Strike

135 pts
    ----------------------------------------------------
    HEAVY SUPPORT
    "T-95" Leman Russ MBT
    Lascannon and heavy Bolters

165 pts

"Ivan the Terrible" Basilisk
    Indirect Fire

125 pts
    ------------------------------------------------------
    TROOPS
    HQ SQUAD
    "Comrade Captain" (1 Officer 4 Soldiers)
    Power Sword
    Las Pistol
    Lascanon team
    Vox Caster
    Regular Guardsmen

70pts

ALPHA SQUAD (10 Soldiers)
    6 Guardsmen 1 Sargent
    Voxcaster
    Heavy Bolter Team

75 Points

BRAVO SQUAD (10 Soldiers)
    6 Guardsmen 1 Sargent
    Voxcaster
    Heavy Bolter Team

75 Points

CHARLIE SQUAD
    91st Motor Rifel Division (Armored Fist)(10 Soldiers)
    6 Guardsmen 1 Sargent
    Voxcaster
    Heavy Bolter Team

145 pts

YANKEE SQUAD (Conscripts, 10 Soldiers)
    8 Guardsmen
    Heavy Bolter Team

55 Points

ZULU SQUAD (Conscrpits, 10 Soldiers)

40 pts
    --------------------------------------------------

DOCTRINES
    Close Order Drill

1000 Points total

i am also wonder how the whole vox caster thing works so if someone can explain that to me it would be greatly appreciated cause im finding it rather confusing.

Last edited by Commisar Ivan; August 6th, 2005 at 19:42. Reason: Armored Fist Squad Total

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm afraid I can't give you much advise on the list as Im a noob myself. But personally I dislike the conscripts, sure they give you much units but they suck in, well, everything. Other than that the list looks cool though, but with removing the conscripts you might be able to fit in more normal infantery squads (be sure to give them heavy weapons)

Also the lascannons are a bit scattered around the place, this way they might have difficulty all firing at the same target, just to be sure that it is destroyed. Maybe take an Anti-Tank support squad with missile launchers or lascannons?

With your master vox caster, ANY number of units ANYWHERE on the table can use the Leadership of the officer who is in the unit of the Master Vox Caster per turn, that is, IF those units have a vox caster themselves, too. If you take a normal Vox Caster instead of a Master Vox Caster, only ONE unit may use the officer's Leadership per turn.

O ya, and one last tip: Always concentrate fire. I myself have 4 infantery squads with 4 heavy bolters in my 750 points list, and in one remorable battle they always concentrated fire and destoyed one whole unit of Chaos Space Marines in each turn (helped by my Basilisk that is ^_^ )

In a magical little place called 'Hanford', where little elves fly about the hazy air
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x0)

Get rid of the heavy bolter on your conscripts; there gonna be used to tie up people in assault, right?
    Also get rid of the plasma pistol on your SO, and either get a storm bolter or a normal bolter instead. I dont think you have enough long-range anti-tank in your list...
    Free up points somehwere so you can get special weapons on your squads, like plasma or grenade launchers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well the plan for the conscripts was to protect my basilisk by putting them (poor guys) in from of it.

In a magical little place called 'Hanford', where little elves fly about the hazy air
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x0)

The bassie has indirect fire, right? That means it can fire almost anywhere on a normal table, right? So just move your bassie back as far as you can in an out-of-the-way corner, preferably behind a building or something, and bombard the enemy. No need to for conscripts to protect it..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im thinking about replaceing the conscripts with a heavy weapons squad of possibly 3 lascannons so i can have some tank popping support.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x0)

You cant afford a lascannon support team by dropping the conscripts. Either you need to shave 20 points offa your armey in other places (to get las), or you can just get Rockets instead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

though so im doing the math right now.

well i already have 2 lascannon teams in my hq squads and 2 meltas with my storm troopers (which im planning on droping in right next to enemy armor) but if they get taken out thats no good. but i still have to have an hq squad with the rocket squads, though i could just includ it in the command platoon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    144 (x3)

If the Storm Troopers are only in your list to drop down next to enemy armor and pop it with their meltas, then why are there 10 Stormies in the squad? Their hellguns won't even penetrate the weakest armor in the game, so their weight of fire isn't helping. And suicide squads dropped behind enemy lines to destroy vulnerable targets aren't expected to survive. They're suicide squads. So you shouldn't care if they die, and you don't need more bodies to absorb shots. Right now you could split that squad into two squads of 5 guys (the bare minimum, the most effective number for these types of units) with a melta in each squad. Now you can go after two different targets or drop them both near the same one, and it takes two enemy units shooting at them to dislodge your forces. When you trim/scrounge up twenty more points you can make sure both squads have two special weapons, and you've doubled your effective firepower for the cost of two storm troopers. Even better, one squad can have meltas and the other have plasma. The meltas knock out enemy armor, and you drop the plasmas near the opponent's juiciest, more expensive and heavily armored unit (like Terminators or such), and then rapid fire the crap out of them with plasma at BS 4. That'll piss on your opponent's parade. And even if they kill one of the Stormy units after you've had a chance to fire, you're out what...70 points worth of troops? Boohoo, like there's not more where that came from? Meanwhile he could be out of a 200 pt plus unit and he'll be mighty mad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well if i get rid of the las cannon team on my platoon HQ squad thats a free 25 points right there i can put towards my "Airborne" Storm Troopers. i though i wish i could replace it with somthing. thats like half of my tank poping ability, though if it shouldnt matter sence my storm troopers are going to harass armor anyways. a back up tank poping squad or something would make me feel better though

+ Reply to Thread