[1500] IG ( Iam new ) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[1500] IG ( Iam new )

HQ-175
    Command Squadenior Officer,HeavyWeps:Lascannon-80
    Fire Support Squad-[3]Autocannons-95

Troops-600
    4x[1]Infantry Platoons:-150 each,-600
    Squad 1:Lascannon
    Squad 2:Autocannon
    Squad 3:Autocannon

Fast-115
    Hellhound-115

Heavy-606
    Leman Russ Battle Tank:Lascannon,HeavyBolter,Heavy Stubber,Extra
    Armor,Armoured Crew Compartment-202

I think this is 1496 pts

Any suggestions?
    MY plan is to keep a line of Russes in front of army...

Last edited by Gimmers; August 7th, 2005 at 06:25.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you need 2 troops choices, and try to avoid putting lascannons and other decent weapons in your command squads, putting a lascannon in there means your opponent will probably try and kill them, and you need officers.
    "That is the sound of inevitability"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh I see that [4] means
    damn i should clarify that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    144 (x3)

Can someone tell me how in the hell you put an Armored Crew Compartment on a Leman Russ, considering its not an open-topped vehicle? First off, you need to re-post your list (just put a new post up in this thread here, no need to make another one) that clarifies exactly what's in your army. Doesn't matter if you have three of the same thing (for example, Leman Russes), put them all down and spell out exactly what each one has. Don't worry, its not any extra work since you can just copy and paste from the first one if they're identical. That makes it much easier to look at your list and analyze what you've got, rather than having to decipher it first, hope we got it right, and then maybe give a very generalized pointer here and there.

Secondly, best advice I can give you for Leman Russes is to go bare-bones. You don't want a heavy stubber on a tank that's gonna be firing ordance (and thus be unable to fire any other weapons) either until the end of the game, or until your opponent knocks it out. And protecting your tanks with measures like Extra Armor, Track Guards, or any of the such is wasteful to the Guard. We need to make use of every point we get, because our list isn't as forgiving of mistakes in design or battlefield use as the Space Marines list. The ten points for track guards could buy a Guardsman a plasma gun, for example. Which do you think would have a greater impact over the course of the game? With my Leman Russes, I take a hull mounted heavy bolter, and two bolter sponsons. It costs 155 points, I get the same battle cannon as anyone else, and if that's knocked out I have the armored equivalent of a fire support squad. If the enemy knocks it out, I have the satisfaction of knowing that they focused a lot of firepower to take out less than the equivalent of two guard infantry squads.

Don't ever spent any more points than are essential on a unit, and only buy things that are cost effective. The Guard doesn't do frilly upgrades, fancy armor, plasma pistols, etc. We do tanks, infantry, lots of guns, and more damn infantry. You stick to those guidelines and you won't go wrong.

+ Reply to Thread