[1850] Y or N, First SM Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[1850] Y or N, First SM Army

First Army, 1850 Pts - Space Marines: Minor Divergence Army

1 Chapter Traits
    Blessed be the Warriors

1 Minor Disadvantages
    We Stand Alone

1 Master (HQ) @ 308 Pts
    Bolt Pistol (x1); Power Weapon (x1); Infilitrate Skill
    Frag Grenades

8 Command Squad
    Bolt Pistol & CCWep. (x6); Flamer (x2); Frag Grenades; Infilitrate
    Skill

1 Veteran Sergeant
    Frag Grenades; Bolt Pistol (x1); Power Fist (x1); Infilitrate
    Skill

9 Veteran Squad (Elites) @ 235 Pts
    Bolt Pistol & CCWep. (x8); Bolt Pistol & Power Weapon (x1); Frag Grenades;
    Infilitrate Skill

1 Veteran Sergeant
    Frag Grenades; Bolt Pistol (x1); Power Fist (x1); Infilitrate Skill

9 Assault Squad (Elites) @ 312 Pts
    Bolt Pistol & CCWep. (x7); Flamer (x2); Frag Grenades; Melta-Bombs; Jump
    Packs; Furious Charge Skill

1 Veteran Sergeant
    Frag Grenades; Melta-Bombs; Jump Packs; Bolt Pistol (x1); Power
    Weapon (x1); Furious Charge Skill
    Purity Seals

4 Bike Squad (Fast Attack) @ 222 Pts
    Twin Bolter; Bolt Pistol (x2); Meltagun (x2); Frag Grenades; Melta-Bombs

1 Veteran Sergeant
    Twin Bolter; Frag Grenades; Melta-Bombs; Bolt Pistol (x1); Power
    Weapon (x1)
    Purity Seals
    Auspex

1 Land Speeder Squadron (Fast Attack) @ 55 Pts

1 Land Speeder #1
    Multi-Melta

1 Land Speeder Squadron (Fast Attack) @ 55 Pts

1 Land Speeder #1
    Multi-Melta

9 Tactical Squad (Troops) @ 218 Pts
    Bolter (x8); Plasma Gun (x1)

1 Sergeant
    Bolt Pistol & CCWep.

1 Rhino APC
    Storm Bolter
    Smoke Launchers
    Extra Armour

9 Tactical Squad (Troops) @ 245 Pts
    Bolter (x8); Flamer (x1)

1 Veteran Sergeant
    Bolt Pistol (x1); Power Fist (x1)

1 Rhino APC
    Storm Bolter
    Smoke Launchers
    Searchlight
    Extra Armour

7 Devastator Squad (Heavy Support) @ 200 Pts
    Bolter (x3); Missile Launcher (x4)

1 Sergeant
    Bolt Pistol & CCWep.

Models in Army: 69

Total Army Cost: 1850

The general plan is to use the mobility of this list to concentrate on one flank. The HtH infiltrators taking buildings/terrain, while the assaults support the tacticals. Land Speeders deep strike to take out armoured targets, and then lurk untill prey is exposed, going for quarters/objectives late in game. The bikes harrass the enemys opposite flank, drawing off a squad or two, finishing off straglers, blowing up tanks, and going for quarters/objectives as per the land speeders.

Warprat ;)

Last edited by warprat; August 14th, 2005 at 08:59.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    150 (x8)

I would have some meltabombs on the sergeant and master, if you come across a lemann russ, the power fist will still have a hard time with 6s.

Go for a power fist in the veteran sergeants, much more combat effective, and they won't get stoped by a dreadnought or wraithlord. (*the devastators don't need it though)

Why don't you take a second trait to allow a second special weapon, as foot slogging is your theme, this would make your units even more deadlier at close range.

Don't bother with the search lights and extra armour on the rhinos, they aren't worth the points, simply the smokes do it.
    Best Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smaller tack squads with razorbacks. If you don't that will be atleast 2 turns with out any real benifit from 2 of your units. Plus you can move them together and dump 12 guys on the same target no real compat loss.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf_Pack
    I would have some meltabombs on the sergeant and master, if you come across a lemann russ, the power fist will still have a hard time with 6s.

Go for a power fist in the veteran sergeants, much more combat effective, and they won't get stoped by a dreadnought or wraithlord. (*the devastators don't need it though)

Why don't you take a second trait to allow a second special weapon, as foot slogging is your theme, this would make your units even more deadlier at close range.

Don't bother with the search lights and extra armour on the rhinos, they aren't worth the points, simply the smokes do it.

I've played a fair amount of 2nd Ed Epic, but only a few games of 40K. This will be my first army. I'm still getting used to the big figures (and hardier too), and greater options for individual troops.

The melta bombs seem to be good advice, from experience.

The powerfist sarges also seem to be excellent advice. They arn't on the list, because I only have two fists at present. Sounds like I may have to spend a little more, before I can make a go of this army.

I don't really want to take a second trait, because that would mean a Major Disadvantage. I would like to play with a wide variety of choices for later lists. I plan to make my choices for my chapter, and stick with it on all my army lists. I think I have a pretty good fluff idea, I need to stay true to it.

However, I'm open to taking any single advantage, and any single minor disadvantage. I have listed "We stand alone", but will not really be using it in all probability.

I have been thinking the same thing about the extra armor on the rhinos, but everybody seems to put it on their lists. I really don't have enough experience to know, but it seems to me that the passengers can still disembark on "Crew Stunned", so why take it now?

Thanks for helping me out!

Warprat ;)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

150 (x8)

Well you could change the blessed be the warriors, as you only use the furious charge on a single assault squad, for the Cleanse and Purify, this would allow you to keep a single disadvantage, and give your lisr a greater deal of special weapons, making your mobile fire bases a better punch.

You don't need to lose the assault squad, maybe just the Furious Charge.
    Best Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well you could change the blessed be the warriors, as you only use the furious charge on a single assault squad, for the Cleanse and Purify, this would allow you to keep a single disadvantage, and give your lisr a greater deal of special weapons, making your mobile fire bases a better punch.

You don't need to lose the assault squad, maybe just the Furious Charge.

Yes, I've thought of this, and am a little overwhelmed by the choices.

Blessed be the warriors gives me furious charge on a unit with the movement and numbers to really make it dangerous. If I want to add a Chaplin at some point, it gets insane. It also allows me to put the assaults into an elite slot, freeing up room for more speeders, or seperating the speeders into single units.

But, boy would I also love to take Cleanse and Purify, for the bigger bang of the special weapons. Squads can be customized easier for special roles. And since at some point I would like to use drop pods, these would go well with them.

I have thought about taking Cleanse and Purify and No Mercy, No Repite with the major disadvantage Aspire to Glory. But that would mean no terminator command squad, and I am keen to try them at some point in the future. So, no go...

The command squad can take two specials. At some point (when I get some plasma guns), I would like to try it with a Librarian, Vet Sarge, Apothecarry, 2 plasma guns, 1 plasma pistol, and a drop pod. This would make a great assasination squad. I take some comfort in this.

And I would like to keep my lists mobile, as this is one of the marines greatest strenghts, I feel. Cleanse and Purify would give my mobile squads a greater punch... I'm confused and befuddled.

Warprat ;)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

150 (x8)

Though choice, I wuld simply suggest tryin them out, and see what happens.
    Best Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Though choice, I wuld simply suggest tryin them out, and see what happens.

Yes, thank you, I think I'll use your suggestions. But I'm going to try blessed be the warriors first, just because I have the stuff I need to build it now. Then later, after I get a few more bits, I'm going to have to try clense and purify...

Thanks again,

Warprat ;)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by killjoy1
    Smaller tack squads with razorbacks. If you don't that will be atleast 2 turns with out any real benifit from 2 of your units. Plus you can move them together and dump 12 guys on the same target no real compat loss.

I haven't heard to many good things about razorbacks, but I'm almost tempted to take one in place of the rhino in the first squad. Unfortunately, I don't have a zazorback, only two rhinos... so that option is out for now.

Why do you like razorbacks?

Warprat ;)

+ Reply to Thread