Vanilla Marines [1500] - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vanilla Marines [1500]

HQ============================================================

Master : Thunder hammer, Cobi-Melta, Bionics, Melta Bombs, Frag Grenade, Jump Pack.
    151pts

ELITES==========================================================

Terminator squad 5x: 1sgt, 4 terminators, 1 Assault Cannon, 1 cyclone, 1 Chainfist,
    3 power fist, 3 storm Bolters 250pts

Techmarine squad 3x: Full servo Harness, Frag Grenades, Plasma Pistol, Bionics, 4 tech servitor
    161pts

TROOPS=========================================================

Tactical Squad 5x: 4 Bolter, 1 Plasma Gun. 85pts

HEAVY SUPPORT====================================================

Vindicator: Extra Armour, Searchlight, Smoke Launcher 134prs

Vindicator: Extra Armour, Searchlight, Smoke Launcher 134pts

Whirwind 85 pts 330

FAST ATTACK======================================================

Lanspeeder: Heavy Bolter, Assault Cannon 80pts

Assault Squad 5x: 2w/ Bp-Ccw, 2W/ Plasma pistol-Ccw, Melta Bombs,
    sgt w/Powerfist, Bolt Pistol 155pts

1500 pts total

Tactics: Vindicators move Forward together with Techmarine, servitors and the terminator
    squad, Landspeeder attack where it is needed most, assault squad and master moves
    from cover to cover to reach long ranged enemies, whirwind gives covering fire.
    Tactical squads advances beside the vindicators.

What do you think about this list, should i add/remove something?
    I already own a techmarine(no servitors), 3 marines with Missile Launcher,
    1 with Lascannon, 16 marines with bolters A landspeeder tornado with Heavy Bolter
    and assault Cannon, a Whirlwind.

Last edited by 12345; August 14th, 2005 at 23:18.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    112 (x4)

Okay, stay away from power fists and thunder hammers for masters/chaplains/librarians, except for fluff reasons. Their initiative is too good for them to go last.
    If you want a nifty gun for the master, use a plasma pistol, otherwise use a bolt pistol, especially for a jump pack model.
    With the techmarine, all he needs for CC is a bolt pistol, he already has a betetr plasma pistol on the servo-harness. Also your tech servitors will not last long in CC, maybe swap one or two for a gun servitor (4+ with a reroll will usually work, ask any Ulthwe player).
    Okay, looking at the troops and heavy support selections, a lot of people will cry cheese. If you don care, stay with the 2 vindicators. If you do care, swap one for a Predator Destructor with Heavy Bolter Sponsons. Dozer Blades is also something to think about, if you intend to play with enough cover to protect a 6 man assault squad.
    On the tactical squads, I suggest taking the cleanse and purify trait, and amalgamating your squads. It adds 10 points in all, but 10 marines with two plasma guns/meltas are more effective in one squad than two. I would also thing (very strongly) about taking meltas, at least a few. You are very weak in anti-tank.
    The assault squad feels too small, unless you play with an immense amount of cover (which will screw up your tanks). Similarly, 1 land speeder is just begging to get shot down (AV 10 remember, there are a hell of a lot of S4 weapons out there). You could drop the assault squad, and the jump pack from the master (put him in a tactical squad, one with meltas if available) and add an extra 2 land speeder tornadoes. If the Pred is cheap enough you can also afford a power fist sergeant for the tactical squad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your Master is going to get killed quickly in close combat. Independent Characters always fight close combats alone so he needs an invulnerable save and a weapons that doesn't waste his high initiative.

Your best option for a close combat HQ unit is a Reclusiarch with bolt pistol, frags, jump pack, and terminator honours. Otherwise do as Corianis suggests: drop the jump pack and put him with a Tac squad.

I am inclined to agree with Corianis for the rest of it except to say that if you do take another Land Speeder Tornado, keep them as separate units rather than one combined squadron.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oki, How about this? I will mostly be playing against against Thousand sons,
    so i will keep the Vindicators. The Landspeeder has always done great for me,
    so will keep it to.

HQ================================================ ============

Master: Power Weapon, Plasma Pistol, Melta Bombs.
    120pts

ELITES============================================ ==============

Terminator squad 5x: 1sgt, 4 terminators, 1 Assault Cannon, 1 cyclone, 1 Chainfist,

Techmarine squad 5x: Full servo Harness, Frag Grenades, Bolt Pistol, Bionics, 2 tech servitor, 2 gun sevitor w/ Heavy Bolter
    177pts

TROOPS============================================ =============

Tactical Squad 10x: 8 Bolter, 1 Plasma Gun, 1 meltagun 175pts

Tactical Squad 9x: 8 Bolter, 2 meltagun 160pts <--- Master joins here

HEAVY SUPPORT=========================================== =========

Vindicator: Extra Armour, Searchlight, Smoke Launcher, Dozer Blade 139prs

Vindicator: Extra Armour, Searchlight, Smoke Launcher, Dozer Blade 139pts

Whirwind 85 pts

FAST ATTACK============================================ ==========

Traits: Cleanse and purify, Death befor Dishonour

1500 pts total

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

OK I dont particularly like the list, way too low on troops for me, but to improve it without vastly changing it..

Master: give him termie honours

Dont mix weapons in the termie squad, take 2x cyclones or more likely 2x assault cannon

Your foot squads are too slow, try and fit a couple of rhinos in there, zoom up, leap out, shoot, (masters squad can charge next round) - means more armoured targets, further taxing your opponents anti tank weapons, ditch the search lights and dozer blade off the vindis and the odd marine to pay for these, although to be honest I would drop a few of your special (the termie squad probably) until your are using 2000 points and use the points to put all of your troops in rhinos with extra armour and smoke, and probably with HKs just to work the hell out of them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For the Master, swap the plasma for a bolt pistol and give him terminator honours and frag grenades. You can drop the searchlights (signal flares more like) to get the extra 2 points.

You may want to look at a Veteran Sergeants with power fist if you're facing off against Thousand Sons. Their Rubric guys have 2 wounds each so strength 8 weapons are important for instant death (e.g. melta weapons and power fists).

My 2 cents.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will keep the dozer blades on the vindicators, because im going to buy the forgeworld one
    and the Blades look really cool. For the terminators, i thought that was what comes in the package, but if im wrong i will use 2 assault cannons. Buying Rhinos for the tactical squads
    will be very expensive (in Money) even if it would be more effective than teminators.
    I thought i had enough str8+ weapons: 4 powerfists, 2 servo-arms, 4 meltaguns, 2 demolishers, But an extra fist on the masters squad sounds fine.
    what should i remove to be able to do that?

Thanks for the help everybody!

HQ================================================ ============

Master: Power Weapon, Bolt Pistol, Frag Grenades, Melta Bombs.
    122pts

ELITES============================================ ==============

Techmarine squad 5x: Full servo Harness, Frag Grenades, Bolt Pistol, Bionics, 2 tech servitor, 2 gun sevitor w/ Heavy Bolter
    177pts

TROOPS============================================ =============

Tactical Squad 9x: 7 Bolter, 2 meltagun 160pts <--- Master joins here

HEAVY SUPPORT=========================================== =========

Vindicator: Extra Armour, Smoke Launcher, Dozer Blade 138prs

Vindicator: Extra Armour, Smoke Launcher, Dozer Blade 138pts

Whirwind 85 pts

FAST ATTACK============================================ ==========

Traits: Cleanse and purify, Death befor Dishonour

1500 pts total
    Last edited by 12345; August 16th, 2005 at 12:29.

+ Reply to Thread