[1000][IG][Friendly - Allcomers] - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[1000][IG][Friendly - Allcomers]

HQ - 125
    Junior Officer - Stormbolter
    4 Lasguns
    -- Fire Support Squad - 3 Heavy Bolters
    Troops - 385
    First Platoon
    Command
    Junior Officer - Stormbolter
    4 Lasguns
    Squad 1
    Sarge - Laspistol and CCW
    Missle Launcher
    Plasma Gun
    7 Lasguns
    Squad 2
    Missle Launcher
    Plasma Gun
    7 Lasguns
    Armoured Fist Squad
    Missle Launcher
    Plasma Gun
    7 Lasguns
    --Chimera with Multi-Laster and Heavy Bolter

Fast Attack - 160
    Hellhound

Sentinel - Multi-Laser

Heavy Support - 330
    Leman Russ - Lascannon and Heavy Bolter
    Leman Russ - Lascannon and Heavy Bolter
    Total - 1000

How will this do? Supposed to be an allcomers list.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

The missle launcher/ Plasma gun is a good combo. But I would drop something, maybe the hellhound, and put in a vox system(including a master vox) and give the CO the Honorifica Imperialis for the improved Ld.
    Hope I helped...
    By day he fought with sword and shield.....
    By night he fought with pen and parchment.....
    He was....The Warrior Poet.......

Fear the ANZAC Clan!!!!!

ORDER OF THE SHADOWY FLAME!!!

Do you have uber micro...????

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like that you have 4 vehicles but what if you pulled out the Sentinel and Armoured fist Company and mounted Stormtroopers (Doctrine Grenadiers) in the chimera with Plasma, or melta; that would give you some AP2 high STR action against 'nids, termies, and 'big stupid max/min'd chaos Lords :mad: ".

Multi-las on the sentinel is okay but hopefully your bolters and hordes of flashlights should cover that area...

Just my 2 cents...

2 S-Words

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    178 (x7)

This is a decent list, but just a couple of points:

Take off your Hull Lascannons off the Russ's put on the hull HBs and give a Mortar to your Command Squad and Platoon Command, at least they have something to fire.

I would give Smoke to all your vehicles, especially the Chimera and Hellhound.

You didn't mention Doctorines, but Close Order Drill would be very good here, free and give your squads LD9. A standard is good too in your HQ, to re-roll failed LD test.

I would recommend at least one Lascannon, but you will have to free up points elsewhere. My rule of thumb is three Lascannons per 1000pts.

I like this list, and it should do well.

Cheers, D
    "A love for tradition has never weakened a nation, indeed it has strengthened nations in their hour of peril."
    Sir Winston Churchil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nice list, just make sure you get some LD boosting stuff out there. you have some guardsmen and you don't want them running. I would scrap the missle launcher in the AF squad, if you pop the top you only hit 50% of the time and then your opened topped. not a good trade IMO. I would equipt the sentinel with a lascannon somehow, you need one somewhere, and don't put them on the russes either.
    "That is the sound of inevitability"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    144 (x3)

To be honest, I think you're probably too vehicle-heavy and infantry-light in your list. The reason you are weak on anti-tank firepower is because you only have 40 men in your force--the bare-ass minimum allowed in a standard guard force. If that doesn't illustrate my point well enough, this is a 1,000 point list and you've got 490 points invested in your Fast Attack and Heavy Support (3 tanks and 1 sentinel), plus another vehicle (Chimera) in your troop choices. 4 tanks (and don't delude yourself, in addition to being a transport, the Chimera is essentially a light tank and the point costs reflect that) in such a small list is a bit much in my opinion, unless you're specifically designing the list for that purpose. If that's the case, your infantry squads must be up to the task of providing all the anti-tank firepower you'll need, while the tanks handle anti-infantry. With that in mind, I'd try to find the points somewhere (perhaps sacrificing the sentinel?) to give both your line squads lascannons, give your Armored Fist squad a meltagun (ditch the heavy weapon), and maybe consider giving a missile launcher to your platoon Command squad. The plasma guns are good where they are because they give you another shot at any vehicle with armor value 13 or less if the lascannons/missile launcher don't cut it. Alternately or in addition to, you might consider trading the fire support squad for an anti-tank squad with missile launchers. Your Hellhound, Chimera, and 2 Russes are pretty much up to the task of performing anti-infantry roles all by themselves (especially if you make the sensible alteration of removing the hull lascannon for a heavy bolter, and then tacking on sponson heavy bolters with the spare points). If that fails, you can always use the missile launchers to slap 3 frag missile templates on a squad per turn. A standard in your command squad would be helpful and wouldn't break the bank, but I'd probably stick with your JO's and Veteran Sergeants along with Close Order Drill for leadership, as you don't really have the points to spare for a Honorifica and a vox-network. All told, the changes I suggested would probably run you somewhere between 20 and maybe 35 points in total, and should probably give you the balance of firepower you need for this list to succeed. You could scratch up ten of that by ditching the JOs' storm bolters, and the lone sentinel really is expendable in this list. Hope these ideas were helpful, and good luck with it.

+ Reply to Thread