[1500pt] Significant Divergance - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x2)

[1500pt] Significant Divergance

Going to be playing in a 4 way game in a couple of weeks. 1500 point game, we'll draw teams and scenario when we get there. The other folks I'm playing against all have multiple armies, so there's no telling what kind of opposition I'll be up against (or teamed with for that matter), so I tried to make a fairly balanced list. Let me know what you think of it.

The Reformed 1500
    Never Despair, See But Don't Be Seen
    Aspire To Glory, We Stand Alone

HQ 292
    Reculsiarch Averus
    Infiltrate
    Bolt Pistol, Crozius, Rosarius, Terminator Honors

19th Command Squad
    Infiltrate
    5 BP CCW, Terminator Honors
    Sgt. with Terminator Honors, Bolt Pistol, Powerfist

Elite 160
    Dreadnought Krelis
    Venerable, Tank Hunter
    Twin-Linked Lascannon, Storm Bolter, Dread CCW

Troops 536
    Scout Squad 1
    5 Snipers, 1 ML
    Sgt. with Sniper Rifle

Scout Squad 2
    4 Snipers, 1 ML
    Sgt. with Sniper Rifle

Tactical Squad 1
    Infiltrate
    5 Bolters, 1 Plasma Cannon
    Sgt. with Bolter

Tactical Squad 2
    Infiltrate
    Sgt. with Bolter

Fast Attack 240
    Land Speeder Tornado
    Heavy Bolter, Assault Cannon

Land Speeder Tornado

Land Speeder Tornado

Heavy Support 270
    Predator Annihilator
    Heavy Bolter Sponsons

Predator Annihilator
    Heavy Bolter Sponsons

Total: 1498
    Models: 40

We all carry on,
    When our brothers in arms are gone.
    So raise your glass high
    For tomorrow we die,
    And return from the ashes you call.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Junior Member emperors doombringers's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You need more troops. your balance is too vehicle biased.

Suggest you drop a Predator or the ven dread and the smaller Scout squad.

Take the points and add marines to your comd sq and tac marines as these will be your assult troops??

Drop the plasma cannons in the Tac squads as you can't shoot if you move and you will have infiltrated close to or into cover near the En. Add a Vet SGT w/PF to each squad and a plasma gun if you need plasma or a melta Gun.

The LST's will hold the line in spt of the troops??

If you keep the ven dread then I suggest you add a M/L in lieu of a CCW as you are paying the points for it to hunt tanks, So let it hunt effectively.

Remember, specify what each elements / teams primary role is in your list and arm it accordingly. Don't mix heavy wpns in manouver units or vice versa.

Vehicles should always spt the troops

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x2)

34 out of the 40 total models are "troops" of some sort or another (put in quotes because the command squad is HQ). You really don't think that's enough?

If I have to do any assaulting, it'd be with the chaplain and the command squad. The tacs and scouts will be set up as to attempt to control the main movement paths for enemy troops and vehicles, while the dread and preds support. The LSTs are there to provide anti-infantry and take objectives if the scenario calls for it.

You could maybe talk me into dropping the one predator. I've made a second list without it, but I like having it around. I'm pretty convinced everything else is probably going to stay unless someone really does a good job of talking me out of it.
    We all carry on,
    So raise your glass high
    For tomorrow we die,

Senior Member Librarian Augustine's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x2)

this list is pretty good. only your Hq is a little bit iffy. Yes thats right chaplain with assult squad. The dreadnaught i would ditch the lascannon and venerable and give it an assult cannon and a drop pod. otherwise good. YOu may have 2 few troops but let us know how it goes and we will see how the list worked and can make changes from there

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    71 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by DEADMARSH
    HQ 292
    Reculsiarch Averus
    Infiltrate
    Bolt Pistol, Crozius, Rosarius, Terminator Honors

19th Command Squad
    Infiltrate
    5 BP CCW, Terminator Honors
    Sgt. with Terminator Honors, Bolt Pistol, Powerfist
    WAY to small a squad. With 2 opponents coming your way there is a real chance you will will be assaulted by multiple squads at once (especially since you are infiltrating). As such, id stick more guys in this squad.

Elite 160
    Dreadnought Krelis
    Venerable, Tank Hunter
    Twin-Linked Lascannon, Storm Bolter, Dread CCW
    As this is the slowest thing in your army, id add the missile launcher. It will take advantage of your tank hunter skill and as the rest of your assaultable models will be well ahead of this, it is unlikely it will see close combat.

Troops 536
    Scout Squad 1
    5 Snipers, 1 ML
    Sgt. with Sniper Rifle

Scout Squad 2
    4 Snipers, 1 ML
    Sgt. with Sniper Rifle
    Personally I would go with bolter squads. It will save on points and more importantly work just as well as sniper rifles. In fact, the only time you really need sniper rifles is when facing high toughness creatures. Unless you know you will be facing these, id leave the sniper rifles at home.

Tactical Squad 1
    Infiltrate
    Sgt. with Bolter

Tactical Squad 2
    Infiltrate
    Sgt. with Bolter
    Perfectly fine.

Fast Attack 240
    Land Speeder Tornado

Land Speeder Tornado

Land Speeder Tornado
    Beautiful.

Heavy Support 270
    Predator Annihilator
    Heavy Bolter Sponsons

Predator Annihilator
    Heavy Bolter Sponsons
    Extra Armor!! Some times getting out of LOS is the only thing that will keep these alive.

I agree with your layout. This type of army, one that holds an advanced position and geared towards shooting will work well with whatever army you are allied with. To tell teh truth though I think youw ould be better off with a 2x plasma cannon command squad and a librarien with FotA. This will give you 4 advance plasma cannons and the ability to fire the FotA all the way down the line. One thing I would consider changing is the 2 preds. With 2 oponents, there will be planty of anti-tank fire going around and you would be better off with infiltrated dev squads. Better to support your line and far more resilient then preds.

Cheers Mate!
    Chaosbrynn
    Mentor of Space Marine Commanders far and wide.

Efficiency VS Point Cost VS Ease Of Use - Your best bets:

1) Chaplain led Assault squad - 2 plasma pistols, powerfisted sergeant

2) 8 man Devastator squad - 4 missile launchers

3) Land Speeder Tornado - HB + AC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by librarian Augustine
    this list is pretty good. only your Hq is a little bit iffy. Yes thats right chaplain with assult squad. The dreadnaught i would ditch the lascannon and venerable and give it an assult cannon and a drop pod. otherwise good. YOu may have 2 few troops but let us know how it goes and we will see how the list worked and can make changes from there
    I know, man. The HQ is iffy as HELL.

The dread is set up with LC and venerable because I've had some armour/MC killing problems lately.
    We all carry on,
    So raise your glass high
    For tomorrow we die,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosbrynn
    WAY to small a squad. With 2 opponents coming your way there is a real chance you will will be assaulted by multiple squads at once (especially since you are infiltrating). As such, id stick more guys in this squad.
    Good point. Hadn't taken that into consideration.

As this is the slowest thing in your army, id add the missile launcher. It will take advantage of your tank hunter skill and as the rest of your assaultable models will be well ahead of this, it is unlikely it will see close combat.
    True, although if the other side(s) have infiltrators, it could end up swinging at somebody. Oh, and there's also the fact that I'm a moron and glued the CCW arm on.

Personally I would go with bolter squads. It will save on points and more importantly work just as well as sniper rifles. In fact, the only time you really need sniper rifles is when facing high toughness creatures. Unless you know you will be facing these, id leave the sniper rifles at home.
    I don't know if I'll be facing them or not, but I know out of the armies I could be playing against, there's one MC heavy tyranid army, two eldar armies (one of which is Iyanden), and a Khorne army with a DP.

There's also the problem of me only having 4 bolter marine models.

I agree with your layout. This type of army, one that holds an advanced position and geared towards shooting will work well with whatever army you are allied with. To tell teh truth though I think youw ould be better off with a 2x plasma cannon command squad and a librarien with FotA. This will give you 4 advance plasma cannons and the ability to fire the FotA all the way down the line. One thing I would consider changing is the 2 preds. With 2 oponents, there will be planty of anti-tank fire going around and you would be better off with infiltrated dev squads. Better to support your line and far more resilient then preds.
    I had been playing with the idea of adding a librarian and a familiar just in case that DP (or some other big nasty) shows up (that DP ROCKED me last game), and you just talked me into it. I never really liked the idea of two preds lying around; they never seem to make their points back for me. I just needed somebody to talk me out of it.

I also like the idea of 4 advance plasma cannons. Seems like it could cause some ouchies for the other team. Maybe throw in some infiltrating ML devs with some bolter boys? That could help me out in the anti-tank department as a "just in case" type of thing too.

I'll play around with the list some more taking all of y'all's suggestions into account then let you know how it goes in a battle report.

Thanks, everyone, for taking the time to look this over and offer your advice. I'm still new to this, so I really appreciate it!
    We all carry on,
    So raise your glass high
    For tomorrow we die,

+ Reply to Thread