[1500]Devestator Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[1500]Devestator Army

Chapter Traits:
    Honour your wargear
    We Stand Alone

[Headquarters]-122
    Reclusiarch-Bolt Pistol,Jump Pack,Frag Grenade,Terminator Honors-122

[Elites]-712
    [8]Devestators:[4]Missle Launchers,Tank Hunters-224
    [8]Devestators:[4]Heavy Bolters,Infiltrate-204
    [8]Devestators:[4]Plasma Cannons,Infiltrate-284

[Troops]-400
    [5]Tactical Squad:[1]Lascannon-100

[Fast Attack]-260
    [10]Assault Squad:[2]Plasma Pistols,[1]Veteranowefist-260

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup this topic is still open. . . . . . . . . .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

looks like a fun army to play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    71 (x4)

Guaranteed to work. Very deadly I am sure. Although those troop squads are only 90 points. So thats another 40 points you have.

And be sure not to bump your posts. That would be exactly what you did with your second post. It is against the rules here.
    Mentor of Space Marine Commanders far and wide.

Efficiency VS Point Cost VS Ease Of Use - Your best bets:

1) Chaplain led Assault squad - 2 plasma pistols, powerfisted sergeant

2) 8 man Devastator squad - 4 missile launchers

3) Land Speeder Tornado - HB + AC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

um why are your devastators elites? Is it because of one of your traits.

But still nice list love to try it out
    if anyone finds avatar offensive just pm and i will change it

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by killer panda
    um why are your devastators elites? Is it because of one of your traits.

But still nice list love to try it out
    Yes, it's the Traits. Which is also why they can Infiltrate and some have Tank Hunter.

The biggest problem I see with the list is pretty much, the only "forward elements" are the Assault Squad + HQ. So, being the closest (and a huge threat), as an enemy I'd blast them away first. The rest of your army is more of a sit-back-and-shoot type of army, and though it's not bad I wouldn't call it the best.

Of course, the best generally means powergamers who are lame. :p It looks like a fun list to play with for a while.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

.... looks pretty solid,... but uhh I've been told not to expext many friends with lists like that Which kinda stinks that someone would NOT play with you just 'cause they couldn't beat your list.

I think it will definetly win some games for you, but I'd keep another less..... AWESOME list on hand for after the first game... Though you might get away with the plasma cannons if they explode on you your opponet will TRY to keep it a secret, but its very obvious he's very happy, if it kills his stuff then s/he will hate you for using plasma "cheese" (it fair I think but all them Xenos dont think so...) The missles will rock as always.

SO, I'd say it's a 4 out of 5 for power, a 2-4 out of 5 for fun to play against/with (may not be much fun for ya when your opponet freaks) and lastly, keep a "friendly" list around or your opponets will grow tired of this very fast.
    Qui est Mortis? Lol, the rep... neggatized for something... lol that nobody payed attention too... Lol Goodbye all, BTW This is permanent goodbye so save some bandwidth mods delete this account :D :evil: :D :evil: :D

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm, I didnt expect this list to be cheesy, I just made a list I would like to see on the field, is their really cheese? Or is it the sumed up version of " Iam gonna trough a hisie fit", why the hell would you not play the best army you can possibly play? By making a friendly list your telling them they cant beat their other list which is insulting! The harder the oppenent the more experience you earn!
    Last edited by Gimmers; September 10th, 2005 at 04:50.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I don't think it's cheese. But, alot of people think its lame. The reason you'd keep a friendly list would be alot of races have a unit or units that are less effective than another, but serve the same purpose. For instance, our tanks fill the same roll Devastators do but really cant compare in power. But its really up to you, I'd say take it to your gaming club play a few opponets and watch thier reactions. Then ask what they thought of your list and the battle. For all I know you gaming club may just like to power game with all they got (no insult intended). Lastly, my personal take would be to use this list but have a friendly list on hand to swap things up every once and awhile. Also, it mean to use a own all comers list on someone new. Other than the only other reason not to use all your best stuff would be when someone uses a theme, a list that follows a pattern of weapons and items when it would be tactifully better to use more diversity so gl and hope you and your opponets have fun!
    Qui est Mortis? Lol, the rep... neggatized for something... lol that nobody payed attention too... Lol Goodbye all, BTW This is permanent goodbye so save some bandwidth mods delete this account :D :evil: :D :evil: :D

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    71 (x4)

I dont think the list is cheesy at all. It could have been much worse. All in all he did a devastator army in a very good manner. Effective, yet diverse (in weaponry at least).

As to the lone forward element, I disagree. It is fine the way it is. In this type of list, the assault squad is not ment to be sent out into the field. It is ment to stay close by the fire base and keep any oposing assault troops from making it to your guns. This type of list is very effective for SM and I think this list exemplifies it well.
    Mentor of Space Marine Commanders far and wide.

Efficiency VS Point Cost VS Ease Of Use - Your best bets:

1) Chaplain led Assault squad - 2 plasma pistols, powerfisted sergeant

2) 8 man Devastator squad - 4 missile launchers

3) Land Speeder Tornado - HB + AC

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast