space wolf army revised about 2000 pts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

space wolf army revised about 2000 pts

Thought about what all u guys said and came up with this army, about 2000 pts.....

HQ
    -runepriest- magik staff, plasma pistol, wolf pelt, truegrit, chooser of slain, blessed armour.
    -4 fenrisian wolves(for this guy above)
    -wolf venerable dread- heavy lascannon, close combat arm w/built in flamer, smoke launcher, extra armour
    -runepriest- frost axe, bolter-plasma, belt of russ, wolf tooth necklace, wolf pelt, frag grenades, true grit (goes with 13 blood claws+wolf guard leader)

TROOPs
    -bloodclaws(13)- 8 w/bp+ccw, 2 w/bp+pf, 1 w/ccw+p.pistol, 1 w/ meltagun
    -wg leader- w/bp+pf, wolf pelt

-bloodclaws(9)-7 w/bp+ccw, 1 w/bp+pf, 1 w/ccw+p.pistol
    -wg leader- w/bp+lightning claw, wolf pelt
    -rhino-builtin storm bolter, smoke launchers, extra armour

-grey hunters(9)- 6 w/bolters+ccw, 1 w/bolter+pf, 1 w/bolter+pf, 1w/plasmagun, true grit
    -wg leader- w/bp+pf, wolf pelt(take this out and put a marine in??)

FAST ATTACK
    -blood claw bikers(5)- 1 w/pf, 1 w/melta gun,
    -wg leader- w/plasma pistol

HEAVY SUPPORT
    -long fangs(5)- lascannon(2x), heavy bolter(2x)
    pack leader- w/bp+pf, wolf pelt

-Predator annihalator- twin lascannon turrent, lascannon side-sponsors, hunter killer missle, smoke launchers

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Ghost of LO ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    185 (x8)

Alright well i think your biggest problrem is rune presits are 0-1 in the army if im not mistaken. :confused: Take out the hunter killer on the preditor, 3x lasconnons dont need a longer range less powerful 1 shot weapon. Also wolf pelts + frost blades is a 3+ to hit and a 3+ to wound on 4 toughness. Becarful with the bikes, they could esealy turn into meet shields, and be a big waste of points. Im also not a fan of long fanges, with the new rules, your almost garateed to lose 1 or more a turn, and that stings when a model with a lascannon goes down. Good luck

More transports! And no powerfists in you long fangs
    Last edited by ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar; September 20th, 2005 at 22:59.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I supose u r not gonna assault something with the Longfangs, so the pf sound like a waste of pts, dont know what the wolf pelt does but it sounds unnesessary. Get some more marines in the squad to remove as casualtis instead.
    Don´t play with fire, play with Bolters

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

185 (x8)

uhh...

Long Fangs work in squards of 5 only.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WTH...no they dont, they can have between 2-5 marines

Any ways, I got my new list, I took out the bikers, and Im keeping the long fangs, Ill give the leader a power sword instead then, Ja? And whats wrong with hunter killer missles?/ surely its better then storm bolter? Anyways, here my reconfigured army 1639 pts, I can have 2 rune priests?? can't I??

HQ- (480 PTs)
    -runepriest- magik staff, plasma pistol, wolf pelt, truegrit, chooser of slain, blessed armour.
    -4 fenrisian wolves(These are useless so Ill take em out, didnt add points)
    -wolf venerable dread- twin linked lascannon, close combat arm w/built in flamer, smoke launcher, extra armour
    -runepriest- frost axe, bolter-plasma, belt of russ, wolf tooth necklace, wolf pelt, frag grenades, true grit

TROOPs-
    (267 PTs)-bloodclaws(9)- 7 w/bp+ccw, 2 w/bp+pf
    -wg leader- w/bp+pf, wolf pelt

(263 PTs)-bloodclaws(9)-7 w/bp+ccw, 1 w/bp+pf, 1 w/ccw+bp
    -wg leader- w/bp+lightning claw, wolf pelt

(239 PTs)-grey hunters(9)- 6 w/bolters+ccw, 1 w/bolter+pf, 1 w/bolter+pf, 1w/plasmagun, true grit
    -wg leader- w/bp+pf, wolf pelt(Even if the model has a wolf pelt on him, do i can to pay? even though i dont want to use it??)??)

HEAVY SUPPORT-
    (227 PTs)-long fangs(5)- lascannon(2x), heavy bolter(2x)
    pack leader- w/bp+power sword

(163 PTs)-Predator annihalator- twin lascannon turrent, lascannon side-sponsors, hunter killer missle, smoke
    launchers

And i was wondering, you were right about the wolf pelts, even if all my wolf guard leaders have the wolf pelts on them, can i pretend that they dont have on?? because its a waste of points, the pelts that go on their backs from the space wolves accesory sprue...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

185 (x8)

Yes your correct Long Fangs can have between 2 and 4 memebers, but i wasnt commenting that one to you. Any way Only one rune preast sorry. the 0-1 means you dont have to have one, but u cant have any more then one. I know its a bummer i want two as well.

Again lose the power weapon in in the long fangs, give him a bolter, if they get in close combat you already lost the game so whats the point? Meaning you could spend the 10 points elsewear. Those guys are made to shoot like mad and never ever wanna be in close combat, and 1 modle with a nice weapon wont get you out of it. The blood claws and other stuff should be enough protection from aassults.

Now about the blood claws. I like the squards ok, but you will need to be carful with them as they cant assualt out of rihnos, so you wont get that famed +2 attack assualt, if your careless and end up two close to enemy and take a charge rather then dishing one out. i think you should make both squads like this:

(I dont know the point costs)

Troops-

Bloodclaws(9+1wg)
    (7) w/CCW + BP
    (1) w/PW+BP
    (1) w/PF+BP
    (1) WG leader w/ wolf pelt wolf (+1 attack when counter charging) tooth neckless (you alwayz hit on 3+) BP + PF

If it where me i would only take one of these squards, but if u love the blood claws then take two of this exact squard. + your rihnos
    (only use lightening claws as a pair) Also they are just not worth it for ur normal squards.

For the grey hunters

GreyHunter (9+1wg)
    (5) with bolters + frag grandes
    (1) plasma pistol + CCW
    (1) meta-gun
    (2) Bolters+PW
    (1) WG leader w/ wolf pelt wolf, tooth neckless, BP + PF
    +rihno

If you want a dedicated charging unit of grey hunters use the same squard listed above accept change all bolters to bolt pistols.

Your Predictor doesnt need the hunter killer, i say u ditch it, because for 5 more points you could shoot with one every turn in ur long fangs squard. Dont buy pintel mounted strom bolters either, trust me they are just not worth the points.

Land speeder tornados would be a real nice addition to your amry, assuat cannons are so deadly.

For you HQs you could have 1 rune preist his standard weaponary should be a frost blade+ a bolt pistol with wolf pelt and a wolf tooth necless. If u want to expand on this could ditch the pistal and get a strom shield(thats a 4+ involerable save for 10 poINTS!!!) with a chooser of the slain, so u dont sacrofice any number of attacks. But this would mean u cant shoot with him, i personally dont think your HQ does not need to shoot, but you might insist apon it so a storm bolter with chooser of the slain is your next best option. Dont take a runic staff or weapon, to many points.

For your other HQ you might take a Wolf Lord, 3 wounds is nice. Give him at least the standard stuff, wolf pelt, neckless, frostblade, bolt pistol, if u got extra points give him a belt of russ.

So you best possible selections would be Rune Priest frost blade, wolf pelt, wolf tooth neckless, strom shield, chooser of the slain.
    Wolf Lord pelt, neckless, frostblade, bolt pistol.

Dont waste points on plasma pistols.

Get a squad of those elite snipers with a melta and powerweapons or a mixture u end up liking and your ready to battle the hardest of amries, only amry i could see u running into trouble with would be chaos, that everybody has trouble with them. Good luck, lemme know what u think of the suggestions.

Follow me Sons of Russ, this night our enemies shall feel the fangs of the wolf!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, so I know about the power sword thingy, and just to let u know, on my long fang leader, he has true grit, and is carrying a Bolter in one hand and a ccw in the other. And for the tornadoes, i dont like them, they costs $30 for each in a squad, and I dont like spending big bucks for that when u can buy 30 space marines. Anyways in the landspeeders place, is it ok to put blood claw bikers?? heres the squad list:

FAST ATTACK
    -blood claw bikers(5)- 1 w/pf, 1 w/melta gun,
    -wg leader- w/power sword

What do u think? Put instead of lanspeeders?

Also I have 1 rune priest, and about the blood claws packs, Ill take 1 rhino away from a pack and give it to the grey hunters, ja?

Ill take out the ccw on one of my grey hunters and give him a pf, so 2 pfs in a squad.

I forgot, Do u want me to give all my wolf guard leaders PF's?? I'll take out the missle on my pred and put nothing there,....

I got 3 HQ now since all the aditions will bring it up to 1800 pts, so i got a wolf lord w/frost axe, bolter-plasma, belt of russ, wolf tooth necklace, wolf pelt, frag grenades, true grit
    , rune priests, and venerable dread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

185 (x8)

Alright go out and play some games, weak your amry around, and in a game, use something, anything to reprosent a tornado, like a block of wood, just tell ur oppentent your trying to evaluate it before you buy. See if you like it, you really need 3 games to truely test it out, but i think ppl are gonna get tried of a block pretty fast, so maybe 1 game with 1 person, Remeber how good assualt cannons are, right now, you have 0. Also i think you should seriously convert your models to the ones i showed you up above. you find playing the game, that the plasma will provent you from getting +1 attack, this will make you angry when your appoents heros are slashing away at your lines, dont be afriad to covert good luck
    Last edited by ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar; September 24th, 2005 at 08:59. Reason: IGNORE THIS MSG (SORRY)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

185 (x8)

Alright go out and play some games, weak your amry around, and in a game, use something, anything to reprosent a tornado, like a block of wood, just tell ur oppentent your trying to evaluate it before you buy. See if you like it, you really need 3 games to truely test it out, but i think ppl are gonna get tried of a block pretty fast, so maybe 1 game with 1 person, Remeber how good assualt cannons are, right now, you have 0. Also i think you should seriously convert your models to the ones i showed you up above. you find playing the game, that the plasma will provent you from getting +1 attack, this will make you angry when your appoents heros are slashing away at your lines, dont be afriad to convert good luck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright, How bout i put the blood claws biker squad, and 3 tornadoes? making it an aussault force, 3 tornadoes, 2 10x blood claws with rhinos, ill exit the blood claws about 12 inches away, Ill pop the smoke launchers, anyway, so that way the enemy cant shoot them, and they get the charge, ...

Can some1 give me good space wolf tactics?? And whats so great about a land speeder tornadoe squadron??

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast