Beginning DA (1000pt) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beginning DA (1000pt)

This is my first thread, and I'm a beginning Dark Angels player. I bought some of my army before I knew how to play, so it might seem... unbalanced:

HQ:
    Captain-
    power weapon, storm bolter- 80

TROOPS:

tac squad(10)-
    plasma cannon, flamer-176

tac squad(10)-

tac squad(5)-
    missile launcher-85

tac squad(5)-
    missile launcher-85

FAST ATTACK:

assault squad(5)-
    terminator honors, power fist-140

Land speeder tornado-
    assault cannon-80

HEAVY SUPPORT:

pred. annihilator-
    lascannons, h.k. missile-160

I don't own the DA codex, so I might be putting in things cheaper or more expensivee than they are, sooo...

Well, remember to say how to fill space of things you want me to take out and vise versa
    ^_^

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    99 (x5)

This needs to be in the Army Lists part of the Forum.

DA specific special rules barely affect this list. Your HQ would be slightly more expensive for stubborn but otherwise no DA changes.

HQ.
    Needs an Invulnerable Save, maybe a Chaplain instead as they can prove more points efficient.

Troops.
    Flamers are a big no-no in tactical squads, Chaosbrynn wrote a tactica, in the articles section. Its good reading. In tactical squads Lascannon are better deals than ML.

Ravenwing LST's are fine, the assault squad fine but it could be bigger.

I prefer Vindicators to Predators, but each to his own, at 1000pts I recomend Heavy Bolter sponsons for greater mobility and troop killing ability. Drop the HK ML.
    Every time you read this sig: a fairie dies!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry abt being in the wrong forum. I was thingkin about taking out the flamers anyway, but I don't really want to take ou the pred lascannons: I dont really have another concentrated tank killer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok lets see what we have got:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubermonkey99
    HQ:
    Captain-
    Ok well i would suggest that you take a chaplain instead as he already comes with an invulnerable save and a power weapon.And seeing as your going to be taking an assault squad you should definately take him and put him in the squad which will make the squad a very strong close combat unit.

TROOPS:

tac squad(10)-
    Ok well this squad needs some changes.Seeing that you have a plasma cannon in there this squad is just going to be sitting there and blasting away right?Therefore it isnt going to be getting to close to the enemy,so the flamer is pointless.Put in a plasma gun instead.And if this squad is just going to be sitting there at not moving forward it doesnt have to be maxed out in numbers like you have it.Drop it down to about 7 or 8 members and use those points to beefing up your assault squad,which need to be beefed up as 5 is too little.

TROOPS:

tac squad(10)-
    Same goes for this squad as the last.

tac squad(5)-
    missile launcher-85

tac squad(5)-
    missile launcher-85
    I suggest that you get rid of these two squads and instead get a 8 man devastator squad with 4 missile launchers.Now it would only be 30 points more so its a hell of a lot better.And we all now how good 4 ML devs are.

FAST ATTACK:

assault squad(5)-
    Ok well like i said before you really need to beef up the numbers on this squad.AT LEAST up to about 8 men but having a full maxed out 10 man assault squad with chaplain in it is really an awesome force.The hidden powerfist is great,and with the chaplains re rolls it makes it alot better.
    Land speeder tornado-
    assault cannon-80
    The land speeder just doesnt sit that well in the army,i mean dont get me wrong LST's are great and very deadly but your only feilding one and your whole army apart from the assault squad is going to be remaining stationary most of the time due to their shooting power and heavy weapons,so it will just be all alone and it will get shot down pretty easily.I would use the points towards beefing up the assault squad.

HEAVY SUPPORT:

pred. annihilator-
    Nothing wrong here.Great armor killer here.Good choice.

Nice army,i like it.Its obviously designed to be a shooty army.I think it does need some changes to make it a bit more deadly with shooting.You could try having 2 8 man devastator squad with 4 ML's in each,two small tac squad with a heavy weapon,either plasma or lascannon.And then try and sqeeze in your HQ and assault squad.If you like i could make up a slitly altered list that is abit more shooty.
    Cheers,
    Tycho

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As they said, you should try beefing up your assault squad to 10 men then try to focus the rest of your army on shooting. The assaults squad role is to be a distraction to enemy shooting cos non marine players are always picky on them.
    if anyone finds avatar offensive just pm and i will change it

Senior Member Librarian Augustine's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x2)

HQ:
    Captain-
    no use a chaplain, bolt pistol, terminator honours jump pack

TROOPS:

tac squad(10)-

tac squad(10)-
    ditch the flamers and 4 men from each plasma cannons and plasma guns
    Possibly razorbacks

tac squad(5)-
    missile launcher-85

tac squad(5)-
    missile launcher-85
    lascannons and drop one of these squads

FAST ATTACK:

assault squad(5)-
    5 guys????? make it ten veteran sergeant with powerfist

Land speeder tornado-
    assault cannon-80
    you mean ravenwing. its the same price but better

HEAVY SUPPORT:
    pred. annihilator-
    this is your only armour and will be the first thing to go. switch it for a devastator squad. 8 men and 4 missle launchers

Also for shooty armies a librarian on a bike can be good. an attack bike 5 bikes a librarian with fotd and fury of the ancients also for a 1750 army you could add that to the above army list and you have some shooty assult to back up the chaplains squad. add more LSTs
    Last edited by Librarian Augustine; September 22nd, 2005 at 04:13.

+ Reply to Thread