I need your tips! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I need your tips!

Hi im taking this army to conflict next sunday. I was wondering do you have any tips/criticism??? I want to obviously drop 2 points and I really want to get furious charge (using traits of course) for the chaplain and assault marines. I played a game with this list against an experiecned dark eldar player. First game(600 points) It was massacre as in I kiled his army but in 750 we rearranged the teraain in his favour as he was complaining, but due to the size of the board he deployed evrything away from my devestators!!! I was so peeved and the could only draw los on the last turn and did not do anything... But my assault squad perfromed admirably killing his aracon, a raider, 5 incubi and 2 warriors!!! Thanks (is anyone going to the brissy conflict???)

750 points

10 marines 2 with plasma guns 170 points
    7 marines 2 with missile launchers 1 with plasma cannon 180 points

5 scouts 1 with missile launcher 2 with snipers and 2 with bolters 85 points

master of sanctity with jump pack, artificer armour, frag grenades and term honours 157 points

5 asault marines 2 with plasma pistols all have melta bombs 1 is a vet satg with power fist 160 points
    752 points

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x2)

Me personally, I'd drop the two sniper rifles on your scouts. They're really handy, and I'm a big fan of sniper rifles, but only having two is probably going to be too few to really do you much good other than an odd lucky shot. Replace them with bolters and you just saved yourself 10 points.
    We all carry on,
    When our brothers in arms are gone.
    So raise your glass high
    For tomorrow we die,
    And return from the ashes you call.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

:lol: is taht 7 nab squad a devastator squad?
    do you have the cleanse and purity trait?
    anyways, this might save you some points

instead of those two squads, have
    6 marines tactical, missule launcher, plasma gun
    6 marines tactical, missule launcher, plasma gun
    5 marines tactical, plasma cannon

you save 10 points for each of the ML's and 15 for the plasma cannon and so you freed up 35 points without any loss of firepower
    if anyone finds avatar offensive just pm and i will change it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x5)

There isn't a legal way to give Furious Charge to a Chaplain Led Assault Squad.

You can only give the Chaplain Furious Charge by giving him a Command Squad.
    You can give the Assault Squad Furious Charge through traits (but not the attached Chaplain).

The rules state (page 74) that a squad loses any ability if joined by an IC that does not have the ability (and vice versa). So no Furious Charge Assault Squad with a Chaplain (feel free to do it without the Chaplain though).

And besides........even if it was legal it would cost 18pts to equip your assault squad + chaplain with Furious Charge (3pts per model x 6 models), not 3 pts.
    Last edited by Addoran; September 18th, 2005 at 15:28.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

750 points
    6 marines 1 with plasma gun, 1 with missile launcher 110 points
    6 marines 1 with plasma cannon 95 points
    master of sanctity with jump pack, artificer armour, frag grenades and term honours 156 points
    5 assault marines 2 with plasma pistols all have melta bombs 1 is a vet sarg with power fist. The squad has furious charge 175 points
    746 points

revised version. Ill have the chappy hangin just behind so he cant draw any fire and if the want to assault him theylpl have to assault the assault squad, So then Ill throw in the Chappy next turn

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    71 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by spongebob
    These are fine. Lascannons would be better as they are far stronger and only 5 points more.

6 marines 1 with plasma cannon 95 points
    5 marines would be fine for this squad. The 6th marines points could be better spent elsewhere.

If you absolutely must use sniper rifles (witch generally isnt necessary at this pouint level as they are designed and only really good at killing things with high toughness) then you need as many as possible. 2 sniper rifles will do little to nothing for you. In most cases, simple bolters would be better. This is what I recommend for you. A simple 5 man squad with bolters and a missile launcher. The extra points would be far better off being spent somewhere else.

master of sanctity with jump pack, artificer armour, frag grenades and term honours 156 points
    Artificer armor is totally unecessary. Where is the bolt pistol?

5 assault marines 2 with plasma pistols all have melta bombs 1 is a vet sarg with power fist. The squad has furious charge 175 points
    I would drop both furious charge and the melta bombs on this squad. As has been pointed out, if the chaplain joins this squad (and he most certainly should or your completely wasting his potential) they will lose furious charge. Secondly, with an attached chaplain, this squad will be so effective at dealing with infantry that you dont want to waste its time going after vehicles. I would drop both those and add an extra assault marine. In fact, I would use all points saved on extra assault marines.

revised version. Ill have the chappy hangin just behind so he cant draw any fire and if the want to assault him theylpl have to assault the assault squad, So then Ill throw in the Chappy next turn
    The chaplain will be 10 times as effective attached to the squad. His re-roll ability will do far more for the squad the furious charge will as well. I seriously suggest you contemplate dropping those things I mentioned for more assault troops and attach your chappie. It is in all probability the most effective unit that SM have in their arsenal.
    Mentor of Space Marine Commanders far and wide.

Efficiency VS Point Cost VS Ease Of Use - Your best bets:

1) Chaplain led Assault squad - 2 plasma pistols, powerfisted sergeant

2) 8 man Devastator squad - 4 missile launchers

3) Land Speeder Tornado - HB + AC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heres my revised list with 2 points extra... Any suggestions on how to get rid of this?
    7 marines 1 with plasma gun, 1 with missile launcher 125 points

6 marines 1 with plasma cannon 100 points

master of sanctity with jump pack, artificer armour, frag grenades, bolt pistol and term honours 157 points

5 assault marines 2 with plasma pistols, 1 is a vet sarg with power fist.150 points

752 points

Thanks
    Your Signature:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x1)

I assume the reason you aren't changing your list much is because you are constrained by your model selection. To get the best out of the basic list you have, I'd say you're talking more about wargear changes than weapon swaps or changes in unit size. So I'd have to say that to lose 2 points you should drop the artificer armor on the Chap and use 18 points to make the Plasma Cannon squad a vet squad and let them infiltrate. That way you can set them up with the scouts and lay down a nice little crossfire. Or, you could add a scout with a bolter to make it a 6-man squad (better for scoring purposes) and give the chappy melta bombs, just in case there's no juicy infantry unit to charge (but there is a nice looking tank to blow up!).

Okay, you'd have to buy another blister of scouts to make that work, but that's within reason. You could paint one model in an evening and have it ready to take to the Conflict....

I've got 2 lists that I really like to run at 750 pts, and they're both really balanced. If you're interested in seeing them, PM me.

Good luck in the tournament! Write us up some battle reports for the forum, OK? I'm tired of seeing LONG reports on big battles. The smaller ones are short and are usually pretty close!
    4 bionic bitz for Og "Da Boss" Grotstompa
    40 grots stomped
    400 boyz killed in action
    4000 light years of "Ere we go, Ere we go, Ere we Go" without a break
    $40K spent on GW

I'm a SM commander with about 20 service studs in my head.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    71 (x4)

6 marines 1 with plasma cannon 100 points

master of sanctity with jump pack, artificer armour, frag grenades, bolt pistol and term honours 157 points

5 assault marines 2 with plasma pistols, 1 is a vet sarg with power fist.150 points
    Things I would change:

Remove 1 marine from each of the tactical squads.

remove the snipers from the scout squad.

Drop artificer armor.

Add more assault marines.
    Mentor of Space Marine Commanders far and wide.

Efficiency VS Point Cost VS Ease Of Use - Your best bets:

1) Chaplain led Assault squad - 2 plasma pistols, powerfisted sergeant

2) 8 man Devastator squad - 4 missile launchers

3) Land Speeder Tornado - HB + AC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chaosbyrnn I believe a mistake has flown under your impressive radar. While it is true that the chaplain will not get furious charge from the squad the squad will still retain the skill. I just double checked and there is no asterisk beside furious charge.

Jeremy
    A rules lawyer is someone who says that money changhers are ok in church becuase jesus only threw them out of the temple.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast