1000pt friendly, is it balance?? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000pt friendly, is it balance??

Traits:
    Be Swift as the Wind

Drawback:
    Death Before Dishonor

HQ:
    Epitolary Librarian [201]
    -Psychic Hood
    -Force Weapon
    -Bike
    -Iron Halo
    -Veil of Time
    -MeltaBombs
    -Terminator Honors
    -Frag Grenade

Troops:
    Bike Sqaud A (x5) [272]
    -Plasma Gun (x1)
    -Vet sergeant
    ---Thunder Hammer
    ---Combat Shield
    ---Auspex
    -Attack Bike

Bike Squad B (x5) [257]
    -MeltaBombs
    -Vet Sergeant
    ---Lightning Claw (x1)
    ---Combat Shield
    -Attack Bike
    ---MeltaBomb

Bike Squad C (x3) [189]
    -MeltaBombs
    -Meltagun (x2)
    -Attack Bike
    ---Multi Melta (x1)
    ---MeltaBomb

Fast Attack:
    Landspeeder Tornado [80]

Breif Overview of their roles:

the HQ would go with the Bike Sqaud B, and would try to put his force weapon to good use... the meltabombs can take down tanks if needed...

Bike Squad A is to take down anything with toughness 8 (wraithlord) or above with the thunderhammer... it can also be used to stun carnifexes...

Squad C is the main anti tank unit...

Landspeeder is for support, softening up opposing squads before the bike charge...

Any comments would be great... Thanks in advance...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why do the sergeants in A and B have thunder hammer and lighting claw. You'd be better off with powerfists saves you about 15 points per model.
    Your librarian is pretty tank, looks like burning points to me but I dont know much about librarians so i cant help you with that :p

if squad c is the main anti tank, why does it have the least numbers. Note that it will be shot at the most and has the most expensive guys (special weapons) I'd put in some bikers from the other squads to add some meatshields and increase their chances

Landspeeder tornado can be a good thing or bad in an army like this. All your bikes have T5 and such heavy weapons can sometimes point their way instead of the speeder. Watch out for plasma weapons they are a money hitter against an army like this

other than that, the only thing is:
    what psychic power does your librarian have?
    hope i helped :lol:
    if anyone finds avatar offensive just pm and i will change it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    99 (x5)

Its not overpowered in my opinion, Bikers while powerfull sufer from the disadvantages of having exactly the same c.c attack as tacticals, the same ability to be wacked by powerfists and at range are double the points of a Tactical Marine for the same rolling to kill from a host of weapons. (Plasma etc)

These facts make them harder to win with, more a scalpel, especialy with only 4 squads.

Why not annother c.c weapon on the Librarian? you dont need a hand for the bike now. The Thunder Hammer and Lightning claw need to be Powerfist and c.c weapon.
    More Bikes in Squad C, no Plasma guns.

Not overpowered IMO, White Scars used to do your job better with 2. cc weapons, withdraw and counter attack, but most Ravenwing Players I find use far more LST's than Bikes. There are reasons for this.
    Every time you read this sig: a fairie dies!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x4)

You would be better off with this:

Master of sanctity, bike, bolt pistol, terminator honours, 146 pts

Bike squad A
    5x bikes, 2x meltaguns, veteran sergeant w/ power fist
    Attack bike
    260 pts

Bike squad B
    5x bikes, 2x meltaguns, veteran sergeant w/ power fist
    Attack bike
    260 pts

Land Speeder Tornado x2, assault cannons, 160 pts

Land Speeder Tornado x2, assault cannons, 160 pts

Army Total: 990 pts

That should be able to take on any army type with some good tactics and maneuverability. I hope you've read the Tacticas by Chaosbrynn.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the comments guys... appreciatie it... i made some changes...

Same traits and drawbacks...

HQ:
    Reclusiarch [136]
    -Frag Grenade
    -Bike
    -Terminator Honors
    -MeltaBombs
    -Plus his 2 other stuff

Troops
    Bike Squad A (5) [215]
    -Meltagun (1)
    -MeltaBombs
    -Vet Sergeant
    ---Combat Shield
    ---PowerFist

Bike Squad B (5) [215]
    -Plasma Gun (2)
    -Vet Sergeant
    ---combat shield
    ---Lightning Claw (1)

Bike Squad C (5) [280]
    -Meltagun (2)
    -Attack Bike
    ---Mulitmelta
    -Vet Sergeant
    ---combat shield
    ---Powerfist

Fast Attack:
    Attack bike Squad (3) [150]

Total: 996pts

i've drop the landspeeder for 3 attack bikes (is this a good choice??)...
    Got a cheaper HQ...
    Took away the attack bikes in squad A and B...
    Balance out the anti tank better squad A and C (meltabombs and meltaguns)...
    Kept the lightning claw for squad B (got some pts to spare)...
    only thing that worries me if there is a huge creature like wraithlord... especially with my small squad size, taking it down would be a problem right??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The attack bikes are nowhere near as goo as speeders in my opinion, i'd personally trim 10pts elsewhere and swap them for 2 tornado's, maybe lose one biker from a squad and re-add thunder hammers.
    I personally don't rate invulnerable saves of sarg's, by dropping the combats you may even have the points to keep that biker, they can't be picked out and will be the last member to die anyway, the Hammer is only 5pts more than a fist and if you are tank-hunting can make all the difference as a mere hit guarantees reduced fire, something that an army as small as this should appreciate.
    Also once you pay for the first claw the second is pretty cheap too, see if you can't worm the few extra points for it.
    Dauntingly small list though, more than I could stomach, Good Luck!
    Ask not a question of the eldar, for they will give you three answers all of which are true and horrifying to know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no no attack bike squads stick them back in the normal bike squads as they get instant killed by missule launchers

PUT THEM BACK I SAY!!!!!
    lol :p

the thunder hammer happens to be 15 points more than a powerfist as I dont think the points cost is reduced for veteran sergeants

I'd take a bike out of each squad and put the landspeeder back in it does wonders all by itself as it will be ignored
    if anyone finds avatar offensive just pm and i will change it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    99 (x5)

Panda's right non-Ravenwing Attack Bikes are ML and Russ bait.

I like my Ravenwing but LST's are far more formidable.

Go with those, theres a reason you see 9 LST, 6 Bike armies.
    Every time you read this sig: a fairie dies!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it seems like the LST's are quite popular.... well redone the list again... looks much beeter actually... thanks to you guys...

HQ:
    Reclusiarch [136]
    -Frag Grenade
    -Bike
    -Terminator Honors
    -MeltaBombs
    -Plus his 2 other stuff

Troops:
    Bike Squad A (x5) [267]
    -Meltagun (x1)
    -MeltaBombs
    -Attack Bike
    -Vet Sergeant
    ---Combat Shield
    ---Powerfist

Bike Squad B (x5) [265]
    -Plasma gun (x2)
    -Attack Bike
    -Vet Sergeant
    ---Combat Shield
    ---Lightning Claw

Bike Squad C (x5) [245]
    -Meltagun (x2)
    -Attack Bike
    ---Multimelta

Fast:
    Landspeeder Tornado [80]

Total: 993

Got the LST back...
    now all squad are at full strength...
    should i change Squad B's plasma guns into meltaguns??? i like melta weapons more than plasma weapons...
    and with such a small army... what should i do if there is a wraithlord or something similar in my opponent's army??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    71 (x4)

Hi!

Your well on your way to a very nice bike list here. Just a few points you should consider.

First and formost, read the tacticas. You can access them from the following link. The contain a bunch of information that would be very helpful to you, specifically the 2 bike tacticas, the speeder tactica and the powerfist tactica.

LINK: http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...ad.php?t=29910 (Index Of Space Marine Articles and FAQ's)

On to your list......

Quote Originally Posted by WarsmithNiG
    it seems like the LST's are quite popular.... well redone the list again... looks much beeter actually... thanks to you guys...
    LST's are one of the very best units point for point. Personally, I recommend taking as many as you can.

HQ:
    Reclusiarch [136]
    -Frag Grenade
    -Bike
    -Terminator Honors
    -MeltaBombs
    -Plus his 2 other stuff
    Bolt Pistol! Thats an extra attack your missing. No need of melta bombs. Tanks should be shot at as your oponents control how difficult it is for you to hit with melta bombs.

Troops:
    Bike Squad A (x5) [267]
    -Meltagun (x1)
    -MeltaBombs
    -Attack Bike
    -Vet Sergeant
    ---Combat Shield
    ---Powerfist
    Ok, first off, drop the melta bombs. Secondly, add a second melta gun. This will not only give you all the anti-tank you need for this squad it will also allow you to fire 2 strength 8 ap 1 shots into a squad before charging. Incredibly useful when dealing with shock troops (like termies) or other heavy infantry or MC's. Aside from that, I find that only the squad that is attached to the chaplain requires a combat shield on the sergeant. This keeps your powerfist (with re-rolls from the chaplain) around for quite a bit longer then usual.

Bike Squad B (x5) [265]
    -Plasma gun (x2)
    -Attack Bike
    -Vet Sergeant
    ---Combat Shield
    ---Lightning Claw
    Plasma gun on bikes = big nono. Reason: While the TL bolters mounted on the bikes do not suffer from the normal rapid-fire restrictions, the plasma guns held by the marines riding the bikes do. The greatest strength of a bike squad is their ability to both shoot and assault in the same round. Plasma guns will keep you from assaulting the round you fire them. This is why melta guns or flamers are always taken with bike squads and I recommend the same to you. Go with 2 melta guns again, it will work better with the bike squads. I would switch the lightning claws for a powerfist. First off, it costs half the price, saving you a marines worth of points. Secondly, the powerfist is far more effective on a sergeant then lightning claws are. More importantly, with a "hidden powerfist" (read the tactica) your squad will not be annihilated by a dreadnought or MC with 8 or more toughness without being able to retaliate. The "hidden" factor, explained in the tactica, keeps the sergeant safe from being killed before he can use his powerfist.

Bike Squad C (x5) [245]
    -Meltagun (x2)
    -Attack Bike
    ---Multimelta
    Ok, if each of the bike squads have 2 melta guns, you wont need to upgrade the attack bike here with a multi-melta. By dropping all the melta bombs and combat shields as well as the multi melta and dropping the lightning claws to a powerfist you will have enough points to add a veteran sergeant here with a powerfist. I can not stress enough both how well powerfists on sergeants work and how point effective it is. Also, nothing like loosing a squad to something you have no way to effect. Powerfists make this impossible and give your oponenet something to worry about.

Fast:
    Landspeeder Tornado [80]
    Well, you can never go wrong with these.

Total: 993

should i change Squad B's plasma guns into meltaguns??? i like melta weapons more than plasma weapons...
    Absolutely. Meltas work far better on bikes then plasma for the above described reason.

and with such a small army... what should i do if there is a wraithlord or something similar in my opponent's army??
    Wraithlord is pretty simple, move up, fire 2 melta guns into the thing, then assault it with the powerfist. Of course, dont neglect the Heavy bolter and TL bolters. From one of your squads you get 3 heavy bolter shots, 2 melta gun shots and 8 tl bolter shots. Between that and an assualt from a powerfist, say by by wraithlord. Same thing works against all such adversaries. Thats the great thing about bike squads. They can take on any unit, and well.

Cheers Mate!
    Chaosbrynn
    Mentor of Space Marine Commanders far and wide.

Efficiency VS Point Cost VS Ease Of Use - Your best bets:

1) Chaplain led Assault squad - 2 plasma pistols, powerfisted sergeant

2) 8 man Devastator squad - 4 missile launchers

3) Land Speeder Tornado - HB + AC

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast