1750 SM list (social) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1750 SM list (social)

hey any ideas or improvements for this army list

Hq
    Chaplain
    Master of santity
    jump pack, frag gren, bolt pistol, terminator honours 137
    i use him with the assualt squad

elites
    dreadnought
    venerable,extra armour, smoke luanchers 133
    dreadnought
    extra armour, TL lascannon, smoke luanchers 133
    i like the dreadnoughts to support my infantry while staying on the move and the venerable has saved my dread to to many times to count

troops
    tactical squad
    8 marines
    vet with power fist, missile luancher, flamer 166
    tactical squad
    as above 166
    i like these squads they can take on just about anything i know you arent meant to take flamers but i really like them
    tactical squad
    8 marines
    lascannon, vet with power fist, plasma gun 175
    classic plasma las combo great for taking down tanks
    tactical squad
    8marines
    plasma cannon, melta gun, vet with power fist 180
    did some one say deep stricking terminators? the melta is useful cause i found this squad has the habbit of been assualt by troops in rhinos and dreadnoughts

Fast attack
    Assualt squad
    9 marines
    furious charge, 2 plasma pistols, vet with power fist 275
    really nasty when used with the chaplain (is there any way i can give him furious chage as well???)
    land speeder
    multimelta 65either used to scare tanks or deepstirke kamikaze missions
    scout biker squad
    3 scout bikers
    melta bombs 81
    i love these models and can b deadly if your oppent like placing his veichles foward 12" scout move 12" first turn move 6" inch assualt move. if u get first turn any veichles within 30" hav 3 auto maltabomb hits (these guys hav taken down 3 land raiders )

Heavy support
    Preadator annihilator
    heavy bolters, smoke luanchers, and extra armour 138
    good support veichle on the move
    whirlwind
    i dnt take any upgrades cause its normally tucked away behind sum nice cover. usually fires vegenace.

that comes to 1734 any gud ideas for the left over points?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HQ seems to be alrite...
    nothing much for me to comment on your elites...
    since you want to stick with your missle launcher and flamer, i wont say much... i'm not a big fan of plasma weapons...
    for your fast attacks... you can increase your scout bike's number??? cuase if u dont get 1st turn... they might not be able to do much if your opponent plans to shoot them 1st...
    for your predator... try not no mix the weapons...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hq is fine
    although I should remind you that you can get a reclusiarch with artificer armor at the same points cost. If you're fighting against squads I reckon its better as the chaplain effectively has 4 wounds against attacks that dont ignore armor save. Attacks that do ignore armor saves usually instant kill him anyway

Your elits are alright
    most players think that Twin linked lascannon should go with missule launchers
    I think that you should make your second dread the same as the first

your troop squads
    I'd suggest putting the plasma gun with the cannon and the lascannon with the meltagun (am i doing something wrong here?) so if the plasma cannon overheats you dont get left with a 12 inch range weapon

uh your land speeder should be a tornado (did u buy a differnet model?)
    whirlwind is fine

warsmith NG the most popular combination for predator weapons just happens to be the one he already is using as it is "apparently" the best. So I reccomend you take other peoples word instead of mine and keep it the way it is

cheers
    if anyone finds avatar offensive just pm and i will change it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    71 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Bear
    hey any ideas or improvements for this army list?
    Of course, lets look at your list.....

Hq
    Chaplain
    Master of santity
    jump pack, frag gren, bolt pistol, terminator honours 137
    i use him with the assualt squad
    No problems here.

dreadnought
    venerable,extra armour, smoke luanchers 133

dreadnought
    extra armour, TL lascannon, smoke luanchers 133
    i like the dreadnoughts to support my infantry while staying on the move and the venerable has saved my dread to to many times to count
    Honestly, your list isnt packing all that much long range firepower. This is a great place to spend some of those extra points. These would be good as TLLC/ML Ven Tank hunters. With 2 of these and a predator, you can use your other squads for close combat based assault. Alternatively, you could make both of these CC dreads (like the first one) and use your troop slots to fill in your AT power.

troops
    tactical squad
    8 marines
    vet with power fist, missile luancher, flamer 166
    Oh dear. Ok first off, have you read the tactical squad tactica? In it we go over why such combinations are less effective then they could be. First off, the missile launcher. Due to the amazing price of lascannons in tactical squads, you should always use them over ML's.

Secondly, mixing flamers and heavy weapons is generally a bad idea as you know. This is because, say, if you fire the missile launcher, then you havnt moved. If your not moving, chances are, you will never be close enough to use the flamer. If your oponent is coming at you, it is incredibly easy to stop outside of flame rrange but still get the assault next turn. Last but not least, flamers on models that only move 6" are less then effective against a decent player. The math is detailed in the flamer tactica. Point being, either way, one of these weapons is going to go to waste. Same thing for the powerfist and missile launcher. If you sit there to fire the missile launcher, then chances are, you will rarely see a close combat. The idea is to not pay for weapons which you wont be using. Mixing assault weapons or close combat weapons with heavy weapons always leads to one of the two being underused. If you build your tactical squads with a purpose in mind, and equip them for that urpose, you will make the most out of your tactical squads for the points you spend on them.

tactical squad
    8 marines
    lascannon, vet with power fist, plasma gun 175
    classic plasma las combo great for taking down tanks
    Ok, the whole point of this squad, is to sit in one place and lay down fire at anything that comes near it. As such, chances are, you wont get a chance to use that powerfist. I would drop it. Secondly, 8 marines is way more then you need to guard 2 weapons, I generally say go with 6. If you fell thats not enough you can use 7, but it really isnt necessary. By doing this, you wil free up some points that would otherwise just be sitting there doing nothing.

tactical squad
    8marines
    plasma cannon, melta gun, vet with power fist 180
    did some one say deep stricking terminators? the melta is useful cause i found this squad has the habbit of been assualt by troops in rhinos and dreadnoughts
    Another odd combination. Same problem with the powerfist but now you have a very short range weapon with it. If you rplan for this squad is to protect from deepstriking termies, then a plas cannon/ plasma gun combo would be best. Secondly this combo will also be enough firepower to take down incoming transports and deal quite a bit of damage to any assault squads that come its way. Again, 8 marines are not needed to guard 2 weapons. Id switch this for 6 men with plas/plas.

Fast attack
    Assualt squad
    9 marines
    furious charge, 2 plasma pistols, vet with power fist 275
    really nasty when used with the chaplain (is there any way i can give him furious chage as well???)
    Ok first off, assault squads should always have the maximum ammount of men in it. Your not sticking them in a transport so you dont need to leave a spot open for the chaplain. Secondly, since the chaplain will be going with them, you may was well ditch furious charge. In the BGB it states that if a character without a skill joins a squad, the entire squad loses the skill. This was contradicted on the GW forum buy one of the design team but I can no longer find the thread and think it was an error. The only way to give your HQ a skill is through the use of a command squad.

land speeder
    multimelta 65either used to scare tanks or deepstirke kamikaze missions
    For 15 more points you can have the LST witch is infanitely more effective. It can still deal with tanks, especially on the deepstrike as rear armor does not hold up well to its withering hail of bullets. Secondly, LST's are formidable against infantry as well as tanks and can often be a game winning unit for you. We have freed up some points already and id use some here to make this an LST.

scout biker squad
    3 scout bikers
    melta bombs 81
    i love these models and can b deadly if your oppent like placing his veichles foward 12" scout move 12" first turn move 6" inch assualt move. if u get first turn any veichles within 30" hav 3 auto maltabomb hits (these guys hav taken down 3 land raiders )
    I agree with this. They are marvelous for this purpose. The only unit we have that can gain a first turn assault and probably the only time melta bombs are better then shooting. I would see if you could find the points to make it a 5 man squad though as they need to be able to fullfill a secondary purpose. Thats quite a bit of points for a easilly killed unit that is only good at dealing with tanks. Consider a 5 man squad at least, and if you have the points, a powerfist.

Heavy support
    Preadator annihilator
    heavy bolters, smoke luanchers, and extra armour 138
    good support veichle on the move
    I concure, and you didnt waste any points here. Personally I find the 3x lascannon predator useless as it relies on your oponent to be stupid or lax in his tactics for it to actually be able to shoot more then one lascannon (aside from PotMS). At least with this variant you still have the TL lascannon (the important one) and 2 heavy blters that can aid in downing skimmers (where a high strength lascannon is not the weapon for the job) as well as take on infantry once you have destroyed all the vehicles.

whirlwind
    i dnt take any upgrades cause its normally tucked away behind sum nice cover. usually fires vegenace.
    Definately hit or miss. Literally lol. I have had amazing success with them and horrible failures. Once the list is built, if you need to change anything, this is probably what I would look at first to drop as it is an unreliable weapon.

that comes to 1734 any gud ideas for the left over points?
    Yup included them above, but just in case your looking for more options, an 8 man dev squad with 4 ml's is never a waste of points and is always a good addition to an army.

Cheers Mate!
    Chaosbrynn
    Mentor of Space Marine Commanders far and wide.

Efficiency VS Point Cost VS Ease Of Use - Your best bets:

1) Chaplain led Assault squad - 2 plasma pistols, powerfisted sergeant

2) 8 man Devastator squad - 4 missile launchers

3) Land Speeder Tornado - HB + AC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ty for the tips, good ideas. i wana get some more sbikers but it like 60 dollars (id only be using 2 of them as well) i was going to get a tornado but someone offered me a mint LS for 30$. So do u guys think generally smaller tactical squads, and more long ranged weapons? what about taking 1 dread with for close range and 1 for long range or is it better to have them both work at long/short ranged?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the BGB it states that if a character without a skill joins a squad, the entire squad loses the skill. This was contradicted on the GW forum buy one of the design team but I can no longer find the thread and think it was an error. The only way to give your HQ a skill is through the use of a command squad.

i check this up in the rule book and there is nothing that says the squad loses furious charge (if it did there would b a * next to furious charge but theres not) so i assumed the caplain didnt recieve the bonus but the res of the squad did i may bewrong if so could u tell me what page to look at. :confused:

i only have 9 assualt marines because i had to use one of the jump packs on the chaplain
    is it worth paying the vet. sergeant upgrade in tactical squads for the bonus leadership?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i was going to get a tornado but someone offered me a mint LS for 30$.
    I got a cheapo LS too. Slapped on the hvy bolter that came with it. Then I made an assault cannon: Cut the bottom off a bic pen about 2" long. Cut coffee-stirrer-straws to match the length, these became the multiple barrels. Glued them on. Glued the whole thing to a small plastic cube that I had, anything will do, even a die if necessary. Glued the whole assembly to the LS. Voila. Tornado.

+ Reply to Thread