[2000] Friendly list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[2000] Friendly list

Dire Wolves Chapter

Havent decided on traits yet (suggestions welcome)

Master with Iron Halo, power weapon, combi-weapon bolter+melta, bionics, Terminator honors=151 pts, will join Tactical Squad Alpha

Master of Sanctity with plasma pistol, artificer armor, bionics,Terminator honors=156 pts, will join Assault Squad Lupus (yeah, I know, I dont need the plasma pistol, but the model has it, and I dont want to hack it off him)

Tactical Squad Alpha, 7 marines
    Vet. SGT with P.Fist/bolt pistol
    Plasma gun
    Hvy Bolter
    146pts

Tactical Squad Bravo, 7 marines
    Plasma gun
    Multimelta
    151pts

Tactical Squad Charlie, 7 marines
    plasma gun
    Lascannon
    156pts

Scout Squad Sabre, 5 scouts
    4 sniper rifles
    1 Hvy Bolter
    90pts

Assault Squad Lupus, 10 assault marines
    Vet. SGT with P.Fist/bolt pistol/combat shield (you know the model)
    2 plasma pistols
    265pts

Devastator Squad Delta, 8 marines
    4 missile launchers
    200pts

Venerable Dreadnaught, Assault cannon/stormbolter/p.fist, extra armor
    130pts

Dreadnaught, TLLC/stormbolter/p.fist, extra armor (unfortunately I was stupid and glued the arms on this guy or I would change his loadout)
    130pts

Landspeeder Tornado, Hvy Bolter+Assault cannon
    80pts

Landspeeder Tornado, Hvy Bolter+Assault cannon
    80pts

Land Raider Crusader
    265pts

Total=2000

OK, concept of operations: Find, Fix, and Destroy the enemy. I've got lots of shooty stuff here. One dreadnaught for anti-infantry, along with the 2 landspeeders and the land raider. One dreadnaught for anti-armor (wish I could remove the p.fist and put the missle launcher on it). Dev. Squad for both, of course. Tac. squads can either sit back and shoot, move and not shoot the heavies, or advance in bounding overwatch. Assault squad for maneuverabiltiy, flexability, and the big smackdown. Scouts for the sneakiness and sniping, with a little bit of hvy. bolter thrown in to help mow down troops.

I also have a Librarian I've been thinking about swapping in to replace the commander with. I've been thinking of adding some terminators and having them pile into the LRC.

This army is unblooded, so not sure how well the plan will fare upon contact with the enemy.

Thoughts, questions, critiques welcome.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    71 (x4)

Master has got to go. No need of him.

Your tacticals are over equipped. Regardless of how you use them, something you payed for will go to waste.

Multi-melta is an abismal weapon in tactical squads. Range is far to short to really be of use.

LRC is a massive points sink that really isnt necessary. For the same amount of points, you could have 3 lst's.

Everything else in the list is fine, although id hack off the arm from the TLLC dread and put on a missile launcher.
    Mentor of Space Marine Commanders far and wide.

Efficiency VS Point Cost VS Ease Of Use - Your best bets:

1) Chaplain led Assault squad - 2 plasma pistols, powerfisted sergeant

2) 8 man Devastator squad - 4 missile launchers

3) Land Speeder Tornado - HB + AC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK. What about replacing the Master with a Librarian?

Part of this is a case of "this is what I have" but I think I can probably afford to replace the multimelta guy with a lascannon.

I'd LOVE 3 more LST's, but I don't think I can shell out the cash for them. Maybe I can dump the LRC for something.... terminators?

And the more I think about it, the more I'm convinced to do as you say and hack that arm off and slap on a missile launcher. I think I'll get started on that tonight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    71 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Belial
    OK. What about replacing the Master with a Librarian?
    Depends on what you intend to do with him. You also need a proper squad to attach him to.

Part of this is a case of "this is what I have" but I think I can probably afford to replace the multimelta guy with a lascannon.
    Good, multi meltas are really poor weapons in tacticals. With a little knife work though you can turn it into a melta gun.

I'd LOVE 3 more LST's, but I don't think I can shell out the cash for them. Maybe I can dump the LRC for something.... terminators?
    Same here, I have a hard time not telling people to use 9. They are just that good. Definatly drop the LRC, it has no place in you rlist and honestly shouldnt be used below 2.5 if not 3k. Termies would be good, but more importantly would make a good squad for your librarien. 2 Assault cannons with FotD onm the librarien teleporting in can wreak absolute havoc on your oponent.

And the more I think about it, the more I'm convinced to do as you say and hack that arm off and slap on a missile launcher. I think I'll get started on that tonight.
    Will be far more useful im sure.
    Mentor of Space Marine Commanders far and wide.

Efficiency VS Point Cost VS Ease Of Use - Your best bets:

1) Chaplain led Assault squad - 2 plasma pistols, powerfisted sergeant

2) 8 man Devastator squad - 4 missile launchers

3) Land Speeder Tornado - HB + AC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK, finally got to use my army this past weekend. Changes to my list:

Dumped the multimelta, just changed that guy to a bolter.

Used those points to pay for the missile launcher on my dreadnaught, hacked off the p.fist arm and glued on the missile launcher.

And thats all for the changes.

I fought against a Tyranid army and fared well. 2 tactical squads, 1 Dev squad, and my scout squad all died. But the other tactical squad, landspeeders, both dreads, and the LRC were still alive when the Tyranid guy called it quits in round 5. I had taken out 2 carnifexes, a hive tyrant, some Ravagers/Raveners (?), and a mob or 2 of bugs. Basically, he couldnt do anything else except kill that 1 squad.

Heroes of the day: Commander with combi-weapon and the tac squad of nothing but bolters that he was in. They managed to kill the Hive tyrant and Raveners. Chappy with assault squad: the squad bit it quick, but the chappy held out and did some serious killing. And the LRC mowed down many little buggies as well as taking out one of the Carnifexes.

Senior Member Librarian Augustine's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x2)

for traits i would suggest that one that lets you have 2 special weapons in a tactical squad. it is really good wwith drop pod assult. So i suggest

4 tactical squads
    2 with dual plasma 6 guys
    2 with melta guns and vet sergeants with powerfist

some bikes to catch thses guys in drop pods and maybe a chappy assult squad. and the LSTs are good. For librarian you could have both of these(chappy and libby). te librarian with a command squad in drop pod. give him veil of time and bolt pistol termie honours iron halo. and give the command squad company champ lots of guys, furious charge, veteran sergeant with powerfist maybe a few more veterans and you could give the librarian might of heros to use of the sergeant in your oppenents turn

Just my 2 cents

+ Reply to Thread