[500 pts] Friendly, CC orientated - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Wolf Scout Meltagunner Wulfbanes's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    49 (x2)

[500 pts] Friendly, CC orientated

hiya guys, you might know me (da guy who spams lots of post )
    But I actually play Warhammer myself too :yes:
    And I just made a list against friend. I paint quick, my models look nice, with 1 week left, it's time to go berzerk!

I will be playing against Blood Angels, but don’t want this list to be specific against Blood Angels. We just play 500 point games, I expect to outnumber him, blow him up, and take revenge for his kills in CC. No matter what, It would be alot of work, I have to paint up 10 marines to field this list (to fit my new sceme) and with only a bit more than 1 week I’m going to work right away Keep me posted for any ideas. (btw, the Assault Marines and Meltagun Marines could be swapped, but I think this is nice.)

Oh, so you know: I didn't used see, but don't be seen, but fluffbased I included it, it is a part of my larger list though. And I neglect the uses of vehicles (I love them, but Infantry is just way more cool) Guess that was all I could say for now. ^_^ Enough rambling for now, here's the list:

Pros:
    TAKE THE FIGHT TO THEM
    SEE, BUT DON’T BE SEEN
    Cons:
    FLESH OVER STEEL
    WE STAND ALONE

110/
    6 Marines
    5x Bolter
    1x Plasma Cannon

130/
    6 Marines
    3x CCW + Bolt Pistol
    2x CCW + Plasma Pistol
    1x Terminator Honours + Powerfist + Bolt Pistol

130/
    6 Marines
    3x CCW + Bolt Pistol
    2x CCW + Plasma Pistol

130/
    6 Marines
    3x CCW + Bolt Pistol
    2x CCW + Plasma Pistol

___________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________

Another list:
    Same mostly
    Dropping the Melta Squad, adding a marine to both Assault Squads and a Plasma Gun to the Shooting squad.
    And include this guy:

90/ Command Brother
    1 Captain
    Plasma Pistol + Power Weapon

Last edited by Wulfbanes; October 8th, 2005 at 19:48.
    Getting Help = Giving Rep

Space Wolves 5th edition:
    W13, L2, D2

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    49 (x2)

btw, I didn;t put a plasma gun in the plasma cannon squad, or I couldn;t take the meltagun/plasma pistols I wanted. I also did not used any HQ, since I recon he would crush my HQ's in no time, have learned that numbers prove better against BA, especially numbesr with plasma

Still, any comment aproved...
    POST ME!!! please

W13, L2, D2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice list!!!

Is your friend not letting you use and HQ then, because otherwise it is required? I would go all out shooty against a BA army at 500pts. If you can gun him down before he gets to you in numbers that will actually have an impact on any assault that occurs. However, bolters against a DC or any marines for that matter, have little impact. You need plasma, melta and missile launchers. My suggestions may not be how you like to play, not fluff acceptable, or you may not want to go out and buy any extra models. However, you will most likely win. Other than that it is a very good list. I hope you can overwhelm him!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    49 (x2)

I hope that too ^_^
    One note on that subject, we play with the 40k in 40 minutes rules, so I can have a HQ, but I rather not in this list as stated before. I think I have quite enough anti-marine weapons involved:
    Plasma Cannon (can't...resist..ordnance...ap2)
    4 Plasma Pistols (eat hot plasma death, foul traitor!)
    1 meltagun (so you DID, brought your Rhino's?)
    *Again, should I change the Meltagun squad to a Plasma Pistol Squad? for those two extra shots of Plasma Death, or should I keep with the safe Meltagun, (I love melta ^_^ )

I don;t want to go real shooty, not my style. Not just that I don;t play shooty, I actually like CC way better than just shooting ^_^

* Another thing. Should I give the Plasma Cannon Squad Bolt Pistols + CCW??? for counter-charge purposes? My guess was no, just to take that extra turn of shooting.

W13, L2, D2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes I would put a in plasma instead of the melta. You are right about the Plasma cannon squad. That is, don't give them BP and CCWs instead of their bolters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    49 (x2)

Woohoo!
    I go Plasma Berzerker than

Well, finally, some list I didn''t screwed up
    More ideas?

EDIT: I added another list above, for playing official games.

W13, L2, D2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    71 (x4)

First things first, this melta squad you speak of. where is it?

Ok I came becuase you asked me to, but not much to be said about this list. Honestly, if your friend plays BA, and has any skill whatsoever, hes gonna eat this list for lunch.

Perhaps your friend doesnt play standard BA tactics, but at this poiunt value, id expect to see the chaplain, death company and 2-3 scout squads. 2 of them will be close combat and one should be bolters and a missile launcher. On the assault, they will make a mess of your squads. The real problem is the death company. Because your squads are pretty small, he has a good chance to whipe them out completely before any of your guys get to attack due to a higher initiative. Secondly because they have jump packs, they will get the drop on you before you ever get a chance to shoot him. You should try to outshoot him. Best cheap answer for DC is a 8 man 4 missile devastator squad. 200 points even and will rip the shread out of DC. Id try something like the following:

LST - 80
    HB + AC

Dev Squad - 200
    8 marines
    4 missile launchers

Tactical squad - 105
    5 Marines
    1 Plasma Gun
    1 Plasma Cannon

Tactical squad - 105
    5 Marines
    1 Plasma Gun
    1 Plasma Cannon

Total: 490

2 plasma cannons, 2 plasma guns, 4 missile launchers, 1 assault cannon, 1 HB, 10 bolters.

That should be more then enough firepower to annihilate pretty much anything in a 500 point game.

Now, if you want to stick with your close combat, even though its a pretty silly idea against BA, we would need to know a little more about how your oponent plays and what his list is comprised of. Off the top of my head, the things id consider using in close combat against BA are the following:

Librariens. The familiars initiative boost can put them on equal footing with furious charging BA HQ's.

Dreadnoughts. So long as they arent wielding powerfists, dreadnoughts do very well against BA in close combat. But not against furioso dreads.

Assault terminators. Most BA armies lack the shooting power to really put the hurt on these. This way they may actually be able to get some combat in.

Huge squads, mostl likely of scouts, with powerfisted sergeants. Basically choking their rivers with your dead while the lone powerfist does its job.

Thats pretty much it. But wich ones depends on your oponent. Id still try and shoot him to death though.
    Mentor of Space Marine Commanders far and wide.

Efficiency VS Point Cost VS Ease Of Use - Your best bets:

1) Chaplain led Assault squad - 2 plasma pistols, powerfisted sergeant

2) 8 man Devastator squad - 4 missile launchers

3) Land Speeder Tornado - HB + AC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    49 (x2)

I like all the ideas from you guys.
    And for the note *we play 40k 40 minutes rules with 500 points
    So no dreads, termies, 3+ wounds characters.

Ok, I am used to see him fielding a Chaplain (which he might leave home to confuse me )
    An assault squad with wheels, no jump packs (rhino) (which tend to die quickly )
    Tacticals to fire at me with misslie launchers or plasma!!!
    He NEVER puts scouts on the table, he just don;t like them

I consider to field the Librarian, but I'm still pretty sure that he would kick right trough him... and spending half my points to protect a Librarian goes too far for me (thats what I expecct him to do )
    Hope that was enough info.

BTW, That Melta Squad is:

130/
    6 Marines
    4x CCW + Bolt Pistol
    1x Meltagun

W13, L2, D2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    49 (x2)

Woops, double post, Forum swallowed it.
    Last edited by Wulfbanes; October 9th, 2005 at 18:41.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x2)

If your buddy likes to assault with a chaplain, keep your squads small, distanced apart from each other, and within LOS. He'll smoke the first unit he assaults, but then the other three squads will have open shots at him while he stands there, unlocked, after decimating a squad.

The store I play at is running a little escalation league right now that's more or less using the 40k in 40 minutes rules. I fielded a lone chaplain with a jump pack and the results were devastating. My advice would be to sacrifice a unit to him and then get him off the board using the above method.

That being said, a librarian with a familiar and Fury of the Ancients or Veil of Time would probably smoke that chaplain in an assault before he got a swing off. Give him a jump pack and you've got your own CC monster your opponent probably won't be expecting.

Just something to keep in mind.
    We all carry on,
    When our brothers in arms are gone.
    So raise your glass high
    For tomorrow we die,
    And return from the ashes you call.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast