1500 Armoured Company - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 Armoured Company

Here's an Armoured company list that I made:

IG Armoured Company

Doctrines
    Leman Russ Conqueror
    Leman Russ Vanquisher
    Destroyer Tank Hunter
    Improved Sponsons
    Ace Gunners

HQ
    Company Commander’s Leman Russ Conqueror w/hull heavy bolter, sponson heavy bolters, extra armour, track guards, ace gunners=285pts

Elites
    Tank Ace in Destroyer Tank Hunter w/pintle heavy stubber, extra armour, track guards, ace gunners=272pts

Troops
    Leman Russ Battle Tank w/hull heavy bolter, plasma cannon sponsons, extra armour, track guards, ace gunners=190pts
    Leman Russ Battle Tank w/hull heavy bolter, plasma cannon sponsons, extra armour, track guards, ace gunners=190pts

Heavy Support
    Basilisk w/armoured crew compartment, extra armour, track guards, indirect fire, ace gunners, pintle heavy bolter=180pts
    Leman Russ Demolisher w/hull heavy bolter, plasma cannon sponsons, extra armour, track guards, pintle heavy stubber=192pts

Total=1499pts

My main enemy will be GK (I used to have a nid friend but he quit becuase of internet games BOOOOOOO!!!!!:argh: ) so I based this list around anti-GK. All the usual comments please.

Armies:
    Shields of the Emperor SMs (in the making)
    Next:
    Nurgle IG AC/Grenadiers

Remember, give people rep if they help you.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, first off, I must say that any AC list that is going up against a GK list is going to win, flat out. GK have too little power to deal with tanks. Anyways this list is okay. Personally when making an AC list, you should not use doctrines and you should just try and get as many tanks/points that you can. You only have 7 in this list and there could be at least 3 more. As far as equipping your tanks, I would take off the track guards and the hull weapons. Other than that its a nice list!

O btw don't listen to this cauz i'm hi rightnow

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

Yea, I agree with bloodinferno. Don't wast too many points on doctrines and get as many tanks as possible. I like the idea of a tank ace in a DTH. That'll do some damage!:shifty:
    By day he fought with sword and shield.....
    By night he fought with pen and parchment.....
    He was....The Warrior Poet.......

Fear the ANZAC Clan!!!!!

ORDER OF THE SHADOWY FLAME!!!

Do you have uber micro...????

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not so sure about 5 tanks against any kind of space marine. If you can keep them away from you it just might work. Anti-mag paste anyone?
    Last edited by CPT Shortcut; October 16th, 2005 at 04:31.
    My blast template of S10 AP2 will toast all terminators.

Iron Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    144 (x3)

I'd have to agree with BloodInferno, you waste an abundance of points in your list on doctrines that won't help your force overmuch, or on unnecessary vehicle upgrades. Lets take a look...

Company Commander’s Leman Russ Conqueror w/hull heavy bolter, sponson heavy bolters, extra armour, track guards, ace gunners=285pts
    First off, I'd go with a Leman Russ Exterminator rather than the Vanquisher. That BS 4, twin-linked autocannon will probably end up doing more damage to a smart opponent than a blast weapon. You'll likely face spaced out units that get one hit and like two partials if you hit. A twin-linked BS 4 weapon is almost guaranteed to hit, the actual percentage is it hits approximately 90% of the time. So you almost always get two hits each turn with the same stats as your Conqueror cannon. Plus the Leman is 25 points cheaper. Then ditch the track guards (immobilized results aren't that bad since you can keep shooting, so don't waste 10 points there) and the ace gunners (this is just a glorified "Sharp Shooters" for the most part, and re-rolling scatter dice for 25 points isn't really worth it). Lets use a few of those points saved to purchase a pintle heavy stubber. It can fire along with all the other weapons and gives you 3 more shots per turn--at BS of 4 as well!! So that's 38*/50 points saved from this unit alone.

*38 if you go with my stubber idea, 50 otherwise.

Tank Ace in Destroyer Tank Hunter w/pintle heavy stubber, extra armour, track guards, ace gunners=272pts
    I agree with the need for anti-tank weaponry in your list, however I disagree with the choice of vehicle and upgrades. Rather than the Destroyer, I'd go with a Vanquisher with 3 heavy bolters. The Vanquisher's cannon has a longer range than your laser destroyer, it can still fire conventional battle cannon shots, and statistically the Vanquisher's anti-tank rounds will have more success penetrating enemy armor. Not to mention that if the Destroyer suffers a "weapon destroyed" result, its a useless hunk of armor. Conversely, if the Vanquisher loses its cannon it still has its 3 heavy bolters. A Tank Ace in Vanquisher with triple heavy bolters will run you 255 points. I've already explained why track guards and ace gunners isn't worth the price, and since the vehicle is meant to attack enemy armor foremost, I'd not bother with a heavy stubber here. Adding extra armor to the previous description would bring the cost to 260 points. Not only is the vehicle equally survivable, you got longer range, the option to use ordance blasts, more weaponry, greater likelihood of penetrating armor, and saved 12 points. Yes, I am good. Thank you, I'm here all night. :tongue:

I'm not normally a big fan of improved side sponsons, but I'd imagine against Grey Knights that plasma cannon sponsons will definitely make their points back. For all the reasons illustrated above, and because you can only fire one plasma cannon on the move, lets ditch the track guards and ace gunners. Points saved here: 105

Basilisk w/armoured crew compartment, extra armour, track guards, indirect fire, ace gunners, pintle heavy bolter=180pts
    Okay, your Basilisk isn't going to be moving around, and its going to ve vulnerable pretty much no matter what you do. So lets remove the armored crew compartment, extra armor, and track guards. Also since its basically just a really big gun on a tank chasis and because you'll be firing your Earthshaker all the time, lets ditch the pintle heavy stubber. I'll let you decide on your own if ace gunners is worth keeping. Given that its firing indirectly, maybe. Points saved: 47

Leman Russ Demolisher w/hull heavy bolter, plasma cannon sponsons, extra armour, track guards, pintle heavy stubber=192pts
    Lets forget the track guards (as usual), and your heavy stubber won't be terribly effective against Grey Knights, so it can go too. Points saved: 22

Overall--Well given the suggestions I've made (going with an Exterminator rather than a Conqueror for your Command Tank, and a Vanquisher rather than a Destroyer Tank Hunter), and removing the glut of vehicle upgrades and doctrines, you've increased your overall firepower and managed to save some points in the process. In case you haven't kept a running tally, the total number of points saved with my suggestions would be Two Hundred and Twenty-Four. Congradulations, you just got room to add almost two Hellhounds or the equivalent (maybe some Storm Troopers with plasma in a Chimera? Another Leman? Whatever floats your boat) to your list. Sound good?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All of these are really good points and I guess I did get carried away with the track guards :tongue: . I will edit the list when I get back from school. Just one more thing though: I thought that a Leman Russ Demolisher would benifit from track guards seeing as its short-ranged cannon makes it need to be on the move a lot.

Armies:
    Next:
    Nurgle IG AC/Grenadiers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    144 (x3)

A better case can be made for putting track guards on a Demolisher than on a standard Russ, yes, but there's still downside to doing so. Track Guards turn an immobilized result into crew stunned. That means that your tank won't be moving next turn anyway, and you can't shoot. In most cases, I'd trade my vehicles mobility to not lose a turn of shooting.
    "I would listen to Sokhar. The man's a genius. Listen."
    ~Lord Yossanrion
    "Thanks, Sokhar. There was some legitimately good advice in between the low-grade profanity, blaspheming and veiled insults."
    ~Quick
    "Well thought, intelligently put, with a hint of sarcastic bastard!"
    ~Diggum's Hammer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's a good point there too. Here's the new list:

IG Armoured Company

Doctrines
    Leman Russ Exterminator
    Leman Russ Vanquisher
    Leman Russ Vanquisher
    Improved Sponsons
    Ace Gunners

HQ
    Company Commander’s Leman Russ Exterminator w/hull heavy bolter, sponson heavy bolters, extra armour, pintle heavy stubber, evasive driving=262pts

Elites
    Tank Ace in Leman Russ Vanquisher w/pintle heavy stubber, extra armour, evasive driving=270pts

Troops
    Leman Russ Battle Tank w/hull heavy bolter, plasma cannon sponsons, extra armour, evasive driving=180pts
    Leman Russ Battle Tank w/hull heavy bolter, plasma cannon sponsons, extra armour, evasive driving=180pts

Fast Attack
    1 mars pattern sentinel=45pts*
    1 mars pattern sentinel=45pts*

Heavy Support
    Basilisk w/indirect fire, ace gunners=150pts
    Leman Russ Demolisher w/hull heavy bolter, plasma cannon sponsons, extra armour, evasice driving=180pts

Total=1492pts

*Instead of these I could have a chimera with heavy flamer turret, heavy flamer hull and smoke launchers for 88pts which would make the total 1490pts

Ok. There you go. More comments please

Also, I have designed a custom super-heavy tank using the VDR (vehicle design rules found in Chapter Approved 2004). This is here because I am planning on maybe using it in 3000-4000 if I ever get that large/get around to converting it. Here's the stats:

Burningblade Super-heavy Battle Tank
    Stats:
    pts Front Side Rear BS
    750..14....14....14..3(4)
    Type: Tank Size: War machine
    Speed: Lumbering
    Structure Points: 3
    Options: Targeter
    Weapons:
    Mega, long-barreled, blasst, twin-linked plasma cannon
    3 Twin-linked heavy bolters
    2 plasma cannons

Ok, could you comment on this too please?
    Last edited by smguy; October 19th, 2005 at 05:32.

Armies:
    Next:
    Nurgle IG AC/Grenadiers

+ Reply to Thread