Shell Shocked 1850 Tourney List! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Ghost of LO ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    185 (x8)

Shell Shocked 1850 Tourney List!

1850 Point Space Marine Amry.
    Traits: Cleanse and purify, Blessed Be the Warriors.
    Draw Backs: Aspire to Glory, We Stand Alone.
    (death before dishonnor in none tourney games.)

Troops-
    Space marines 6
    4 with bolters
    2 with plasma guns
    Transport drop pod

Space marines 9
    6 with bolters
    2 with meltaguns
    1 sgt. PF + BP
    Transport drop pods

Space marines 9
    6 with bolters
    2 with meltaguns
    1 sgt. PF + BP
    Trasport Drop Pod

Heavy Support-
    Devistators
    3 with bolters
    4 with ML

Fast Attack-
    Landspeeder Tornado
    Heavy bolter
    assault cannon

Landspeeder Tornado
    Heavy bolter
    assault cannon

Bikes Squad
    2 with flamers
    1 with CCW
    1 sgt. bp + pf combat shield

Elites-
    Dreadnought
    Assault Cannon
    extra armour
    Dreadnought CCW
    stormbolter
    smoke launchers
    Transport Drop Pod

Assault Squad
    7 with bP + CCW
    2 with Plasma Pistols
    1 sgt. with PF + BP
    All with furious Charge.

HQ - Jets with assault squad.
    Chaplain 3 wounds
    jump pack
    Terminator honours
    Frag grenades
    BP

HQ - Bikes with bike squad. 162
    Librian 2 wounds
    bike
    terminator honnors
    Frag grenades
    Combat shield
    BP
    Might of Heros

Total: 1850 Edit: I added combat shield to the sargent, (any ideas for something i could use to reprosent this? i dont have another combat shield and i dont wanna specail order one peice.)

Thoughts? see anything ilegal?

Ive played this list like it is, (eccept i added an assault marine, and lossed a devistator marine,) without the bikes, in a 1500 points game, it turns out i annihlate tanks and heavy infrantry. I felt like i could roll through those types of amries pretty well, but when i came time to face Thats why i took the bikes for the 1850 list, in CC they will be good against heavy infrantry, taking off pressure from the assault squad, while versus hord amrys, i hope they will serve to help thin the ranks of the enemy, that is why they dont have melta guns. What should i get for 5 points? Thanks for your comments and suggestions.

Last edited by ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar; October 20th, 2005 at 08:51.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The list is really solid. Cleanse and Purify is one of the best traits, when used right, and dropods make it work here. I just sense that there is not enough bikes. You said they would help the assault squad so that means CC. Numbers are a big part in CC. Maybe drop one of the Land Speaders and flesh out the bikes some more. If no the list should still do well just don't expect much from the bikes.
    The Only Constant is change.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

185 (x8)

with 3 tactical squads, for support, and the two flamers i hope that many bolter shots will keep me out of CC with most units. Id like for them to be more of a specail mission squad, say the eldar have a squad of reapers that i want to take down, perhaps turbo boost the first turn, behind some cover, then the next turn turn the flamers and bolters on them, finalisted with the assault. Also against amries like nids, orcs, and IG, i feel that the flamers will make up for the lack of models, combined hopfully with tactical squads shooting, and of course the assault squad. They could also probably go upgaisnt a demon prince with might of heros on a powerfist, hopefully i could trade HQs. I value the mobility and the assault cannons of the landspeeders over the assault abilites of the bikes. remember i have no terminators, and may only take 1 dread or one terminator squad, so land speeders are one of the best ways for me to get them. Peace more comments please

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK now that you defined the role of the bikes a bit more I withdraw the need more men idea. Its a nice risk group. Things can get nasty fast for that Bike group but if you set up the flamers right and with some support from a Tact squad they can deal with inftanry threats all over the board. Other than the bikes everything is very solid and looks to be a fun list to play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    71 (x4)

List looks great, definately a tourny list. Only changes required are for personal preferance and thats up to you. Very nicely balanced.
    Mentor of Space Marine Commanders far and wide.

Efficiency VS Point Cost VS Ease Of Use - Your best bets:

1) Chaplain led Assault squad - 2 plasma pistols, powerfisted sergeant

2) 8 man Devastator squad - 4 missile launchers

3) Land Speeder Tornado - HB + AC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

185 (x8)

Alright i added a combat shield to the sargent of the bike squad, since i couldnt firgure anything else to do with that last 5 points. Tactics for beating hord armies with, keeping in mind my 3 squads must pod in would be great. I think my amry is strongly suited to destory amries like these: eldar, IG, SM, and tau. Armies that i think i would have a difficult time defeating would be, Orks, Nids, choas and necrons. Necronly only because ive heard the monolith does not let me roll extra dice against it, although ive never played a necron amry. Orks scare me because im basically jumping into their lap, and asking them to behead me, and with massed Chompas they probably will, basically same with nids as well. I view the "core" of my force to be the skimmers and the assault squad. All other elements cannot be realised uppon, and all other elemites have been built to serve the assault squad. Fortantly they both benifit from eachother. My ideal game starts with little shooting, i hope that the enemy spreads out, and advances, but it does not matter if they advance or not. I move my full distance up and behind cover. At the biggining of turn two i should average two squads comming in. Either way, i will deploy them a maxium of 24"s infront of my assault squad, this gap will be closed to 12"s by the end of my turn(in thoery) Hopefully what ever lands, will destory something valuble, perfably a land raider filled with termies, or a troop squad ect, then be able to absorb an assault, hopefully staying above 50%. The following turn i will then assault berring down upon the enemy with my assault squad. Followed up with the rest of my reseavers, i should exect to get at least one more unit in turn 3. The enemy is probably broken at this point. some explesive tank destory, or 1 or 2 troops completly wiped out. But as you can see, this stragagy would fall flat on its face against a force of nids, orks, and sometime chaos, i include chaos because they are extreamly unprodictable, their demons and horriflying good in CC, and ive been ravaged to many times by hell spawned demon princes, though not with the current list.

My main question is how to i remain combat effect, while battleing a force dedicated to assault. The problem with drop pods, is the urge to seperate, to take up a good firing posstion away from the rest of my army, but experance tells me that this kind of seperation leads to out numbering and overwhelming. I lack a true fire base in this amry, other then the devistators. So a lure type tactic would be difficult, though perhaps now my bikes could fill that whole, along with the skimmer. Besided the lure, i see no other way for me to be succesful, but this would also stake everything on knowing how far my openent can move, and when it is time to counter charge, because if i go to soon ill be utterly destory, if i wait to long they will catch me, probably the worst thing that could happen. Well thanks for listening to my rambelings, any ideals and stratagies, or weeknesses you see please point them out!

Wolf Scout Meltagunner Wulfbanes's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    49 (x2)

The way to go against Assaulters is real easy.
    If somethings comes to you, close it in. Get your marines dropped behind them. It will make them have to choose where to attack you. Also with what you have on the table in the start, position it as a trap. squads on both sides, ready to pull towards eachother, bikers and flyers ready to get in the heat. The true way to win from assaulting armies is splitting them up, being split up is good for you too, so they can't attack that much at the same time.

btw. If they have some firing support (the assaulters) drop in your marines on them. MUHAHAHA
    Getting Help = Giving Rep

Space Wolves 5th edition:
    W13, L2, D2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chaos is probly the problem with the mean hth deamons. With Orks and Nids they will most likely run accross the board to attack your started elements. Then you can set the drop pods behind them setting up a crossfire. They then have to chose which way to go. Many times this stresses them out into making mistakes. I play Tau lots and I find one of the best ways of dealing with cc armies is to split my forces so while one half gets choped up the other half finish off the badies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

185 (x8)

Well from experance with drop pods, deploying them over 12"s away from eachother gets diecy. I like the idea of splitting up my fast elements, and perhaps deploying my devistators to one side and back, encouranging the assaults to head for them, only to find that 2 tornados and swooped in to annailate their advance. Or to trap them, if the come withen 18"s of me, and i get lucky with the drop pods rolls, able to rapid fire the bleeping bloopers out of them, and finally curshing them in assault. Thanks for the tips. I used the bikes with flamers, they flamers where disapointingly bad, but i was against a space marine, so i should except them to be awful agasnt them. Any ideas with the bikes?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    71 (x4)

For my bike squads I use melta guns. I find anything the flamers will work on, the TL bolters will also work on. However, as you noticed, anything the flamers dont work on.....like space marines......well.......2 melta guns really helps out in the end and you still have the TL bolters if you need higher volume of low strength firepower. Also, id add an attack bike with HB. Helps out quite a bit. 3 extra HB shots and of course th 2 TL bolter shots.
    Mentor of Space Marine Commanders far and wide.

Efficiency VS Point Cost VS Ease Of Use - Your best bets:

1) Chaplain led Assault squad - 2 plasma pistols, powerfisted sergeant

2) 8 man Devastator squad - 4 missile launchers

3) Land Speeder Tornado - HB + AC

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast