1500 DH against Chaos/Tyranid & maybe Eldar - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 DH against Chaos/Tyranid & maybe Eldar

This is the list I'm going to use agaist my friend who can play Chaos or Tyranid at 1500, I'm betting on Chaos but am ready for bugs. If chaos I will charge forward with crusader, deploy term, teleport in gk and reek havoc.

Grand Master (Auspex/psycan/THomer/sacred incen)
    5 GK Term (Incinerator)
    442 Total HQ

Crusader @ 255

Inq Lord (Psycannon/Auspex)
    Gun-Servitor
    Plasma Cannon
    Gun-Servitor (H
    Gun-Servitor (H
    2 Sages
    Acolyte (Artificer Armor)
    Mystic
    Familiar
    Chimera (Blessed/Searchlight/Multilaser/H
    323 Total HQ

9 GK 2 psycan J @ 325 Troop/Fast Attack

6 IST (flamer, meltagun) @ 75 pts

6 IST (plasma gun, meltagun) @ 80 pts

Friendly game, but lead into campaign game with several other people where I have a 2000 point master list and play at 500/1000/1500.

Last edited by nedroj; October 24th, 2005 at 02:35.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nedroj
    Grand Master (Auspex/psycan/THomer/sacred incen)
    Chimera (Blessed/Searchlight/Multilaser/H
    9 GK 2 psycan J @ 325 Troop/Fast Attack
    6 IST (flamer, meltagun) @ 75 pts
    6 IST (plasma gun, meltagun) @ 80 pts
    A little unfair if your opponent knows you're playing Daemonhunters and you don't know if he's going to play Tyranids or Chaos, two VERY different armies. Ask him to clarify because it really messes with your ability to select troops, and stuff like Incense is a waste against 'Nids where another IST would be useful.

First tip, I suppose, is not to take two different special weapons in your IST squads. Whatever they do, they should be good at it. My suggestion would be one squad w/ 2 plasma guns and the other w/ two meltaguns; that way, you have a squad that can go after heavy armor and another that can go tank-hunting. If you find your opponent plays Tyranids, take two flamers instead of meltas and make the squad bigger: no better Gaunt-hunting party is to be found this side of Macragge.

Also, switch the Chimera to the meltagun/flamer squad: your =][= and retinue have long-range multi-shot heavy weapons, so let them shoot! Good idea to take 2 Sages, BTW; reroll those 1's from the Plasma Cannon. And the Chimera can't take the Blessed upgrade, that goes on Grey Knight vehicles only. Give it extra armor and smoke launchers to make double sure those ISTs can get in with their short-range special weapons.

What's in that FAGK squad? 8 GKs + Justicar + 2 Psycannon = 200 + 50 + 50 = 300 points. The Justicar can't take a psycannon (he can only take armoury items from the Wargear section) and you want his S6 power weapon anyway.

If you could somehow find the points, and Eversor or a couple of Death-Cult Assassins could be really handy to tie up your opponent's return fire at your Crusader. Don't know where you'd get them from, though.

Finally, I don't know how a Teleport Homer works in 4th ed., but it seems like if your GM were in HTH any DSing unit that used it would end up dying from being too close to your enemy. Switch that to an IST sergeant or just drop it if that's what it would do.
    Last edited by Inquisitor Solexus; October 24th, 2005 at 22:00.
    "HQ, my LOS is blocked by a soda bottle. I'm moving to unmask my guns."
    "Negative! The soda bottle is the Carnifex!"
    "Dang proxy models!"
    -Cmdr. Kren, www.tsoalr.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Solexus

I have 9Gk + Justicar + 2 psycannons=325

TeleHomer as states on page 25 of space marine book lets you deepstrike with 6" of model with homer, so you have some space to place in safety.

Updated list below, dropped Crusader because I discovered that it can no longer fire hurricane bolters if moving more then 6". So switched homer to GK squad and will tele GM w/Terms in instead. Thanks for the "Blessed" catch, moved it to landraider (haddn't wanted on Crusader). Switched IST squads to all plasma. going to keep chimera with Inquistor because I don't want to chance that scquad out of range and the IST's don't have heavys so moving is okay for them.

Grand Master (psycan/sacred incen)
    5 GK Term (Incinerator)
    430 Total HQ

Lanraider (Blessed)@ 260

Inq Lord (Psycannon/Auspex)
    Gun-Servitor
    Plasma Cannon
    Gun-Servitor (H
    Gun-Servitor (H
    2 Sages
    Acolyte (Artificer Armor)
    Mystic
    Familiar
    Chimera (Searchlight/Multilaser/H
    313 Total HQ

9 GK 2 psycan J @ 337 Troop (Auspex/THomer)

6 IST (2 plasmas) @ 80 pts

6 IST (2 plasmas) @ 80 pts

Here are remaining units from my master list (Considering edits)

Lance Orbital Strike @ 70

Dreadnought (AC/ML) Blessed @ 130

Callidus Assassin @ 120

Chimera (/Multilaser/H @ 85 for one IST

Chimera (/Multilaser/HB/Dozer Blades/ExtraArmor/Searchlight) @ 96 for other IST

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lookin' good. Remember that if you want you can deploy your =][= outside of his transport at the start of the game- nice if your opponent plays Tyranids and you can get a good shot at his Warriors. I've never used a Grand Master-never did a conversion for him and seemed like an awful lot of points- but I hear he can eat whole armies. Like always with DH, you have a small number of expensive units, so remember to be exceedingly careful. Only other thing I can say is try to get an assassin or something that can tie up your opponent's heavy weapon squads on turns 1 and 2 so he doesn't flatten your Land Raider. Good hunting.
    "HQ, my LOS is blocked by a soda bottle. I'm moving to unmask my guns."
    "Negative! The soda bottle is the Carnifex!"
    "Dang proxy models!"
    -Cmdr. Kren, www.tsoalr.com

+ Reply to Thread