1500pt DH newbie list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500pt DH newbie list

Been years since i played 40k and all the rules got changes on me so i was hoping for a little feedback before i order up some figs and paint them only to realise it does not work so good.

The idea is to come up with a 1500 pt army that should work well regardless of the opponent (wishful thinking im sure but a guy can dream)

Any and all feedback is welcome.

HQ (455 points)

Grey Knight Grand Master (455 points)
    - 5 Grey Knight Terminators
    - Master Crafted Nemesis Force Weapon
    - Icon of the Just
    - Holocaust
    - Psycannon Bolts
    - Bionics

*I know the GK GM is very expensive at 455 but its 5 termies and i like toys :/*

Elites (215 points)

*Inquisitor seems like the best bang for the buck in the army at 97 points for 3 heavy bolters and i need him for the assassin anyways*

Inquisitor (97 points)
    - Bolt Pistol
    - Close combat weapon
    - Gun-Servitors x3 w/ heavy bolter

*from reading the forum a bit i gather that most people dont like these guys, i look at the rules and i understand they are hardly a sure kill everytime he shoots but i LOVE the option of shooting at any model, seems like its a great way of controlling the battle, worse case if he sucks ill just use one of the other 3 assassins.*

Vindicare Assassin (110 points)

Troops (240 points)

*Cannon fodder and useful for the 2 ap on the plasma guns, im thinking 20 of these guys are better then 5 more GK?*

Inquisitorial Stormtroopers (120 points)
    - 10 Stormtroopers
    - Plasma gun

- 10 Stormtroopers
    - Plasma gun

Fast Attack (450 points)

*this is where i am REALLY unsure, i can either take the 3 units of 5 with no weapons, go with 2 untis of 5 both units having 2 psycannons and one more termi in the GM's retinue or trade one of the units in for another dreadnought*

Grey Knights (150 points)
    - 1 Grey Knight Justicar and 4 Grey Knights

Heavy Support (148 points)

*This guys purpose is to kill tanks and anything else with heavy armour*

Grey Knight Dreadnought
    - Twin-linked Lascannon
    - Missile launcher
    - Extra armour
    - Smoke Launchers

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

The Orange Grey Knight MiketehFox's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    196 (x8)

WOOHOO! A New list to rip to shreds!!! Aw, don't worry about it!

'ere we Go!

Quote Originally Posted by Loranis
    Grey Knight Grand Master (455 points)
    -5 Grey Knight Terminators
    -Master Crafted Nemesis Force Weapon
    -Icon of the Just
    -Holocaust
    -Psycannon Bolts
    -Bionics
    What are you gonna do with them?

If your more likely to simply marche up the board, I'd say to move the Termies to an Elite slot, then you can either use the HQ with or without ther Termie squad but if your dead set on DSing them then leave them.

Inquisitor (97 points)
    -Bolt Pistol
    -Close combat weapon
    -Gun-Servitors x3 w/ heavy bolter
    Why bother giving him a CC weapon? At least gtive hima Storm Bolter, or if you can afford it, a Psycannon could fit nicely IMO.

Vindicare Assassin (110 points)
    Go with what Ya love man, personnaly I also Like the Vindicare, but I also see the uses of other Assassins.

-10 Stormtroopers
    -Plasma gun

-10 Stormtroopers
    -Plasma gun
    I don't Like ISTs, but then again I will have and army made exclusively from GKs....

-1 Grey Knight Justicar and 4 Grey Knights

I'm guessing you'll be DSing these guys right? If so Max them out, when there this small thers a high chance the'll be wiped out before doing any more than 1 round of shooting, and 10 shots isn't that impressive.

Grey Knight Dreadnought
    -Twin-linked Lascannon
    -Missile launcher
    -Extra armour
    -Smoke Launchers
    Personally, I like the AC/DCCW setup better in general, but your army seems very 'Sit and shoot' so it could work out.

All in all it's a list. It's a real mix of things. I think you'll really be wanting to change a few things after your first few games.

Mike

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One thing, you always want to shoot for even numbers in your squad for scoring purposes. Psycannons are great weapons go for 2 gk units of 6 with 2 psycannons each.

I would also cut out four stormtroopers giving you the points to switch to callidus assasin and buying a psycannon for your inquistor.

I would drop the Bionics because you already have Icon of the Just and pick up a Familiar and Mystic (or just two mystics) for your inquisitor (the familier to take a wound and the mystic to scare off deep strikers)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, here goes.

First, a Grand Master is usually a good choice, but all that wargear isn't. That's 80 points of kit that could go to a Psycannon for each of your GK Teleport Attack squads, a GOOD idea. Psycannon rock. Period.

If you're gonna make a shooty Inquisitor, here's where you can go all out- but pick the right kit. Give the Inquisitor a Psycannon (they rock, remember?) and power armor for a better save, as well as a Sage or two for more hits. Don't give him melee equipment in case he gets attacked, instead make sure anyone who even gets close sorry they came within 36".

The Vindicare is a very cool assassin, but he often can't make back his points value in kills. Take an Eversor or Callidus; both can get a huge number of hits (with combat drugs and a template weapon, respectively) and carry power weapons. The Callidus has a bunch of other cool powers, check your codex and I'm sure you'll get some good ideas. Plus, the Eversor has meltabombs to attack vehicles in HTH.

Ah, Inquisitorial Storm Troopers (ISTs for short). They can take two special weapons and transports, so take them! I am very fond of my IST unit with two meltas and a Rhino. Your list seems to say you only have one plasma gun in each, but take two special weapons. Grab a couple flamer-armed ISTs for Tyranids and a Rhino for moving those melta or flamer-carrying IST into range, but keep the other squad with two plasma guns for those enemy 2+ saves.

That lone Dreadnought will have to work really hard (and be pretty lucky) to take out your opponents' heaviest vehicles all by itself. All the more reason to take some meltaguns. Also, that Dreadnought is a BIG target: it's all the anti-tank firepower you have!

Finally, lots of Deep Strike is cool, but risky. Cut out one of those squads to make the other two big enough to survive some return fire after they teleport in, and add a psycannon or two (preferrably two) to each. Remember, what do Psycannon do? They rock.

Shopping list: Rhino, Inquisitor/Power armor + Psycannon, 2x Sage, 2x GK/Psycannon, 4x Grey Knight (two more on each of two TA squads), 2x IST/meltagun, Eversor Assassin. Total: 425 points. Skip all the GM's wargear, the Vindicare, one squad of TAGK's, one Terminator, and drop the IST's to 8 models per unit: 426 points. That should give you a bit of something for every kind of target.
    "HQ, my LOS is blocked by a soda bottle. I'm moving to unmask my guns."
    "Negative! The soda bottle is the Carnifex!"
    "Dang proxy models!"
    -Cmdr. Kren, www.tsoalr.com

+ Reply to Thread