[1000-15000] Cadian army, advice welcome - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[1000-15000] Cadian army, advice welcome

[EDIT]: Oops, I meant 1000-1500... sorry not 15000

Ok I have recently bought the skeleton to a Cadian army and was wondering if any one could give me advice on what to buy next and how to use them tactically. Although I have been into Warhammer for a while now I havnt had that much experiance in battles and am not a natural at tactice

Ok so here is what I have:

Command HQ box set
    Snipers as a support squad

2 squads of basic troops as 1 Core choice (all with vox caster, grenade launcher and flamer. 1 has a heavy bolter base)
    1 armoured fist squad

10 Kasrkin (I have a spare Chimera should I put them in it?)

10 Ratlings

Hellhound

2 x Leman Russ (thinking of getting a special one like a Conquerer, Vanquisher or Demolisher. Any ideas?)

Griffin

Ok I know its alot and I do not expect to be spoon fed it all but any ideas to help me on my way. I was thinking maybe some Ogryn and Sentinels?

Thanks, Chris x x

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

get the codex and create an army list with points values etc. then we can help you more easily.

For starters though get plasmas/meltas in your squads (not flamers/greande launchers) and also some more heavy weapons. You should mount the kasrkin in a chimera and arm them with meltas to rush up to a tank and pop it open. also do NOT get ogryns because guard are not meant for cc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do have the codex

Just... didnt see the need for point values...

The idea of the Ogrins was that Gaurd are weak on CC, so use Ogrins to help me out there.

Ok so, hum that means I am going to have to convert some meltas... can I take 2 of them in one squad? Also what if they don't have many tanks...

If I want to expand to about 2000 points.. what area should I expand. I was thinking more core troops. ?

Chris x

In a magical little place called 'Hanford', where little elves fly about the hazy air
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x0)

Read your codex until your eyes bug out. Then come back.

+ Reply to Thread