[400] DH combat patrol - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[400] DH combat patrol

I will be playing my first Actual Game since starting to collect DH, and it will be a combat patrol potentially versus: Tau, Tau or Lost and damned, orks. So i threw together a little list. basically i need your suggestions about the proper equipment and war gear that i will need because i only have a few models and will therfore need them all to satisfy 400 pts. So here is what i have:

9 x IST...................................................................193pt s
    -----Flamer x2
    1 x Veteran
    -----Melta Bombs
    1 x Rhino
    -----Smoke launchers
    -----Extra Armour
    -----Pintle mounted storm bolter

---

9 x IST.....................................................................140 pts
    -----Plasma Gun
    -----Grenade launcher
    1 x Veteran
    -----Storm bolter

---

1 x Ordo Malus Inquisitor................................................67pts
    -----Psycannon
    -----Krak Grenades (left over points)
    -----Concecrated Scrolls
    -----Word of the emporer

---

Total...................................................................... ........400pts

Models...22

Basic plan is that the tank hunts some tau, while the other squad stands and shoots at orks/L&D

Thanks for your time

Agate

Agate's Theorem TM

Awesome + Awesome = Double Awesome

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    100 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Agate
    9 x IST...................................................................193pt s
    -----Flamer x2
    1 x Veteran
    -----Melta Bombs
    1 x Rhino
    -----Smoke launchers
    -----Extra Armour
    -----Pintle mounted storm bolter
    I'd give them a melta rather than 2 flamers. Get 2 if you can free up a few points.

9 x IST.....................................................................140 pts
    -----Plasma Gun
    -----Grenade launcher
    1 x Veteran
    -----Storm bolter
    Make them both plasma's.

1 x Ordo Malus Inquisitor................................................67pts
    -----Psycannon
    -----Krak Grenades (left over points)
    -----Concecrated Scrolls
    -----Word of the emporer
    Why have consecrated scrolls for word of the emperor? My understanding s you use it when a unit is going to charge you, and if you fail, they get to charge you. Unless you want to use it on multiple units.

Overall, seems ok. If I was you, I'd drop the veterans and their equipment,and all the inquisitors stuff except for the psycannon and the rhino, give both units plasma's, and use the extra points for soemthing cool like an eversor assasin, he would rock in a small points game like this.

The advice I gave below your quotes was if you wish to keep the same idea intact, but I'd reform to the advice I gave in the paragraph above.
    Quote Originally Posted by Visitor Q View Post
    By the powers I have just made up I, hereby award you with the Signature
    LO's Offical Uber GM
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverMane View Post
    dr_nick you are LO's GMing god!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you wanted to go a path with a few more damaging units...

HQ
    Brother-Captain

Elites
    Inquisitor
    -Bolt Pistol
    -Close Combat Weapon
    -Krak Grenades

Eversor Temple Assassin

Troops
    10 ISTs
    -1x Plasma Gun

10 ISTs
    -1x Plasma Gun

Or you could drop the Eversor for 2x Death Cult Assassins and some improved wargear for your Inquisitor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First, if you (and your opponents) are going to stick to the limits on model selection for Combat Patrol, here's what you CAN'T use:
    - Inquisitor Lords or Grand Masters (too many wounds)
    - GK Terminators (no 2+ saves) or Artificer Armor
    - GK Vehicles (AV too high)

Now I don't know much about Lost and the Damned, but your Ork opponent will only have 4+ and 6+ saves, L&tD mutants are lightly armored, and Tau will only be able to afford a couple of Crisis suits (no Broadsides or Hammerheads, armor is too heavy), so you'll only have to deal with a couple 3+ saves against these opponents.

I think 2 Grenade Launchers are perfect for ISTs on foot, since they can move and fire a repectable weapon at full range. Their AP beats Ork and Mutant body armor (with a Blast template even) and Krak beats Tau carapace armor and inflicts Instant Death on Ethereals.

For your Rhino-mounted team, I'd take 2 meltaguns for Tau, or flamers for Orks and L&tD. Meltas beat the Crisis suits' Save as well as inflicting Instant Death and are great for taking out the inevitable Devilfish and Entangling the Fire Warriors inside. If you can't switch weapons between games, take plasma guns- several shots that can still kill just about anything in Combat Patrol.

Once again, you're facing large numbers and mostly 4+ saves at best, so if possible, take an Inquisitor with a Psycannon and Heavy Bolter gun-servitors...if not, more Grenade Launchers are great since they're assault guns (letting your =][= charge on the same turn), ISTs are good models for them and they are still great for swarms, 4+ saves and light vehicles.
    "HQ, my LOS is blocked by a soda bottle. I'm moving to unmask my guns."
    "Negative! The soda bottle is the Carnifex!"
    "Dang proxy models!"
    -Cmdr. Kren, www.tsoalr.com

+ Reply to Thread