Dark Angels 1750 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Senior Member Librarian Augustine's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x2)

Dark Angels 1750

Well for all you people who are used to seeing my lists with a big superover equiped librarian, you have broken me. Dropping the librarian on a bike with a squad that 7 models totally over 500 points i made a change. anyways on to the list:

HQ

Epistolary 169
    Terminator honours
    cc weapon
    veil of time
    might of heros
    furious charge
    familiar
    stubborn

Command Squad 8 guys 225
    company champion
    veteran sergeant
    powerfist
    bolt pistols and close combat weapons
    furious charge
    drop pod

(this will be my main close combat squad. I have them in a drop pod so that they can be carefully placed at crucial points during the game. for example if cc army is in close having these guys land behind them will put them in a tight spot. Against Tau and imperial guard i can get them close and behind cover using them to assualt the next turn. The librarian has both cc powers so that the veteran sergeant can get a total of seven powerfist attacks on the charge. most likely i will use it during the oppenents assualt phase or when fighting dreadnaughts.)

Tactical Squad 6 guys 120
    Plasma cannon
    Plasma gun

Tactical squad 6 guys
    Plasma cannon
    Plasma gun

(These to squads will be for fire support. They will probably just be in cover waiting to shoot at advancing armies)

CC Scouts 10 guys 130
    (for counter assaults and protecting other squads. will mostly stay in cover but will advance in neccessary)

Sniper Scouts 6 guys 108
    (Basically to cause pinning tests and cause havoc among squads with few guys)

Venerable Dreadnaught 165
    Lascannon
    Missile laucher
    Tank hunter

( To hunt tanks)

Dreadnaught 135
    Lascannon
    Missile Launcher

(LIke wise)

Master of the Ravenwing 255
    (He will be used as i see fit. Perhaps it will be killing certain models. For shooting his twinlinked weapons and every turn using the all seeing eye. Either close combat or shooting will be his goal.)

Ravenwing LSTs 3 240
    Assualt cannons

(super troop killers. killing that dangerous squad. all seeing eye will be most helpful)

Whirlwind 85
    (basically i've had lots of luck with this nifty tank. Pinning and ordinance that is especially useful against all but power armour)

well there you have it i look forward to hearing your opinions. Thanks in advance

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    99 (x5)

Nice list, I like the HQ. Though i'm not too sure on the deep striking nature of it. If you pod to within 12" they might assault you and if you go over then your going to be shot at for twice as long.

The Tactical Squads are Plasma Heavy, I like plasma so you wont here any arguments from me save that 1 lascannon would probably be a good move just in case.

The assault Scouts need a powerfist Sgt, though as the models are hard to come by I can understand why you dont.

I'm not a sniper rifle fan. they arent very good at killing anything firing for 6 turns at a HT without interuption or casualties would only do 2.5 wounds. A 5 man Tac squad with lascannon would do nearly 4 at less points.

Dreadnoughts are fun, maybe you might consider putting the non-venerable in a Drop pod without a TLLC or ML? just a toasty flamer.

If you like the master of the Ravenwing thats cool, I dont like a 250pt armour 10 vehicle rules or not.

LST's and the Whirlwind are superb.
    Every time you read this sig: a fairie dies!

Wolf Scout Meltagunner Wulfbanes's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    49 (x2)

just one thing, isn't it better to safe those venerable points on one of the dreads? just a thought though.... But I like more marines in an army.
    Getting Help = Giving Rep

Space Wolves 5th edition:
    W13, L2, D2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First thing I saw you lack troops,which is most important thing in a army the weapons are good just low on troops.This is what I'll do but you don't have to.Drop Master of Raven Wing he is 255 points gods sake.You need troops badly,28 models for troops that is really low I have at least 40-60.Troops is the backbone of your army,they can support anything in your army even in CC.What I see is,all the enemy got to is focus all his firepower on the Land Speeders and MoRW.Once their out of the picture what can you rely on?you have hardly no troops,one dreadnought that can get blow up tanks but there is so many weapons out there a 10 point weapon can destroy your dread with ease.So I say take off the vulnerable don't really need it,make him a tank hunter dread-simple and not point draining.

If you drop MoRW and maybe one LS you can get so many troops,make them stubborn and give them power weapons or powerfist,more heavy weapons.Scouts are awesome but me I dont like CC scouts,their more like a sacafice piece on the board than anything.I love scouts sqauds with sniper weapons,their so awesome and can be devastating to the enemy.Against Dark Eldar,they took out 3 Raiders and one whole sqaud of witches by just infiltrating in a cornor.They can also pop low armoured vehicles,like a baslisk which I knew was a threat so I took it out.Give them one heavy bolter at least its 5 points and against other races they fear heavy bolters more than anything.

Do not lay tactics in your army list,your army list has to flow like water.If your army can adapt to any terrian with ease even open field,get any type of mission done,and can support each other that is the most balanced list not perfect but balanced.Its all about balance,ask your self "If I lose this and this,what should I rely on how can I use it as my advantage?"."How many S 4-6 heavy weapons I have compared to S 7-9-heavy w?".Other than that you just gotta play it,have fun.
    Last edited by Grim_Reaper46; October 26th, 2005 at 19:00.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x2)

REally you have 40-60 space marines in a 1750 point army. You suggested i give them stubborn. that would be 1200 points. I like to have a lot of variety in my armies. im not really a heavy support kinda guy. A few Anti tank weapons is enough for me. To have tank hunters a dreadnaught must be venerable. Tank hunters helped me on numerous ocassions. the last time that venerable dreadnaught destroyed a landraider immobilized a monolith, destroyed a razorback and wounded the nightbringer. I won't be dropping him to quickly. I don't know about you but generally there is plenty of terrain for me to rely on. i didn't plan on having the landspeeders sitting out in the open. I could deep strike them if there wasn't enough terrain. I find it neccessary to say the role for each squad that way people know what they will do. Also have you ever used cc scouts. I find that most people who say that they suck have never used them. People look down on them but really they are quite good. they will mostly be called on to counter assult unless i'm up against Tau or something. Wings of doom I intend that my command squad will probably be more than 12 inches away. unless its against tau or imperial guard i will get them as close as i can (behind cover of course).

Thanks for your replies though it has got me thinking about the number of marines for sure

I just realized that i have used only one fast attack choice. should i split them up or keep them together so that all seeing eye is more effective
    Last edited by Librarian Augustine; October 26th, 2005 at 23:12.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My bad I forgot you have to take vulerable to get tank hunters.Well I never said a v. dread is bad I just said he can get blown up by alot of other weapons.But then think of it,with my average rolling 3/4 of the time I roll a 4 to pentrate a Land Raider just ticks me off I really need that +1 so you don't really need to drop it.About troops,I have made list of over 60 marines before but not all troops just everything marines no tanks or dreads.Usually in a 1500-2000 point list I have 6 slots filled in troops with 8 marines per sqaud wtih all TH,stubborn power w. or fist,hw's,plasma gun.See the Master of RW on LS dosent really fit your list,your just so low on troops.

In my opion MoRW in LS only awesome with RW army.You built your list around him as I can see and a player notices that he will take that out first because one its alot of VP if your playing VP game and he's a big chunk of your army.My advice don't deepstrike LS unless your DS in a area where the enemy can't shoot at you.I was testing my RW army see how good LS are when DS and this was against tau though.My 250 point unit all in range it could take was fire warriors it was pethidic,then next turn all their was left was debris of the LS.Also you lose your 6+ inv. save cuz you didnt move.Well its your list,your army you can do whatever you like but you wanted opions this was mine.good luck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x2)

Upon further review its seems i do lack some normal marines.

So please consider the following i will have to remove the sniping scouts and possibly a speeder and will say pros and cons

#1 cc type
    10 man
    veteran sergeant
    Powerfist
    melta gun
    seems like a waste of bolters to me
    is it worth dropping a speeder?

#2 10 man bolter screen
    150 points
    seems plain
    good against xenos and adds models to the army

#3 5 man tank hunter
    Less models
    not in need of tank hunters

#4 6 man double plasma
    why not go 3 of a kind
    same models more expensive
    can be used well with the whirlwind directing mines

#5 7 man
    plasma and heavy bolter
    adds a man same price as above

Which tactical squad do you think best suits my army ? why? mark /5

Ghost of LO ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    185 (x8)

Well if you want to win games, the speeder HQ is two expensive for his abilities, hiding him wont be as effective in this army as a standard RW army because this army actually has less fire power. Libraran should have a BP instead of CC Id readd the shooty scouts, but they need a missle lancher, this makes them effective in 2 ways, 1 if your using them to shoot a high toughness model, the ML will probably piece its armour while giving you a better chance to wound (or at least the same, havent seen to many toughness 9 models) Second, you do not need to wound with the snipper rifles to force the openent to take a pinning test. Seems a bit odd, but the squad only needs to cause a wound, not the sniper rifles, and a ML is far more likly to kill something then a sniper rifle. Also it allows you to strike low armour, or side armour using infiltrate. The CC scouts are probably a liability, go with another drop poding tactical squad.

Other ppl have brought up the CC portion of your army is vunerable, they need as much support as you can muster. Perhaps a rihno would be better, played extreamly defensivly, hide it behind cover, while your advancing up the field, then use it as cover and luanch a charge, (your charge dependant, as you would be much better with 5 S/I, the second dreadnought is dedundant, and probably should be taken out, in favor of more skimmers or tactical marines(probably 2 squads drop podding with your libarains would do the trick).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    99 (x5)

Ravenwing LS's cannot Deep strike, just a thought.

The Master of the Ravenwing is expensive and vulnerable I agree about dropping him.
    Every time you read this sig: a fairie dies!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x2)

yes i suppose 1 3 third 90 point tactical squad will be with lascannon is better deal than 135 point dreadnaught.

Okay if i drop the cc scouts, dreadnaught, and master of the ravenwing thats 520 points that are freed up. so what do you suggest for that? Im thinking maybe another whirlwind some other assult thing (no assult marines though don't want them) and a 1-2 tactical squads.

What are your suggestions

actually i forgot the sniper scouts. its 628. I think i will keep the cc scouts they are cheap good fighters

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by Librarian Augustine; October 29th, 2005 at 05:17.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast