Ravenwing 2000 points - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ravenwing 2000 points

Its like 1:30 am,I am bored,tired and what the h3|| here is my list.

HQ-

Master of the Ravenwing on LS-255 pts

or (MoRW on bike with powerfist,Iron Halo,TH,bike which is 170.I can get a extra Land Speeder or couple bikes and make everything LD 10.Plus Powerfist can come in handy too

Troops-

4 Bikes 2x Melta gun,Vet sgt,terminator H.,power W.-205 pts

4 Bikes 1x Metla gun,1x Plasma gun,Vet sgt,Terminator Honors,Auspex,Power W.-203 pts

4 Bikes 2x Melta gun,Vet sgt,Terminator Honors,frag gernades,Power Fist-211 pts

4 Bikes 2x Melta Gun,Vet sgt,Terminator Honors,Power fist-210 pts

4 Bikes 1x Metla gun,1x Plasma gun,vet sgt,Terminator H.,Power W.-201

Fast Attack-

(1st Land Speeder Sqaud)
    1 Land Speeder-1x Assualt Cannon,1x Heavy bolter-240 pts
    1 Land Speeder-1x Assualt Cannon,1x Heavy bolter
    1 Land Speeder-1x Assualt Cannon,1x Heavy bolter

(2nd Land Speeder sqaud)
    1 Land Speeder-1x Assualt Cannon,1x Heavy bolter-175 pts
    1 Land Speeder-1x Assualt Cannon,1x Melti-melta

(3rd Land Speeder Sqaud)
    1 Land Speeder-1x Assualt Cannon,1x Heavy bolter-175 pts
    1 Land Speeder-1x Assualt Cannon,1x Melti-melta

Heavy Support

2 Attack Bikes-1x HB,1x MM -125 pts (still think keep this as a sqaud or put these two AB in troops?)

20 bikes,8 Land Speeders,and 2 Attack bikes.

If your wondering,why I put in Auspex,and frag gernades to just kill points which I hate but I have a major headace right now.So give the list a ride later peace.

Last edited by Grim_Reaper46; October 29th, 2005 at 18:25.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Ghost of LO ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    185 (x8)

If your looking to kill points, id suggest another HQ, libraian or chappy, either way that will add a lot of punch to your assaults, in case things get dicey, nice list otherwise, accept i dont like think you need melta speeders, all AC cannons would probably be better, because your bikes have meltas and they can get in range pretty fast.

peace

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x4)

If you use a Grand Master of the Ravenwing, you can give him the Sword of secrets. Don't give HQ power fists...

You could use some more speeders.

I would suggest a Librarian as the second HQ with a bike, bolt pistol, artificer armour, Fury of the Ancients, Might of heroes, and a familiar (plus Termy honours, duh).
    The Fury of the ancients (which you can use after turbo-boosting) will help pin down enemy units, this is useful because you will be incredibly outnumbered anyway, but the more they outnumber you, the worse armour saves they will have, and therefore the more useful FotA will be. Might of heroes also helps in combat where you will be outnumbered (give the attacks to a veteran sergeant w/ power fist). You can also give him the book of salvation, which gives everyone within range an extra attack.

Ravenwing armies are finess, and therefore need to use every advantage against outnumbering there is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah drop PF on master guy and stick like a power weapon plasma pistol or something. And then give him melta bombs. Make good use of high initiative. I don't know about SoS though, kinda pricey... Unless you want to insta kill some guard. I also don't know if master on speeder is that smart, it seems a biker guy would be harder to kill. But you do get more assault cannons... Try out both ways and see which works better.
    Back from a long adventure.

jtm
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Power fists going on sarges not hq.

I'd put the attack bikes with the troops.

Also put the two multi melta landspeeders in one squad, and you can't have an assault cannon on a land speeder with a multimelta, only a heavy flamer.
    I can read now!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol sorry Jtm, Ravenwing CAN.

Next off, I love you man! so many bikes.... +they are my favorite model and they kick butt!
    Okay, now that I'm done with that... They're right on your current master on bike.... but not about the Innitiative 1 Some friends and I found a great way to do this, Grand Master of the Ravenwing, (still has nors built in, gotta love it ) Thunder Hammer, Adamantine mantle, Storm shield, Bionics, frag grenades. This combo r0xx0rs! Great for destroying those pesky daemons carni's, wraithlords and Tyrants. Also just about anything else you can think of try it you'll like it. But, the SoS one is 1337 too... so it's up too you. If they say this won't work. don't listen it does just be careful.

Try including the attack bikes into the bike squads, this ensures more survivability or were you going for the 2+ turbo boost???

They are also right that a librarian would indeed be useful so, if ya can try it.

The speeder commander is powerful and very useful so switching between him and the bike is great.
    Qui est Mortis? Lol, the rep... neggatized for something... lol that nobody payed attention too... Lol Goodbye all, BTW This is permanent goodbye so save some bandwidth mods delete this account :D :evil: :D :evil: :D

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finally someone gives me some prop on having alot of bikes thx been waiting for that comment for a long time.Anyways Nice combo for the MoRW on bike,very nice specialy for RW.Well I added up the points he will cost without frag and Bionics is 195 pts and I save 60 points and I can get a extra attack bike.Plus the Adamantine Mantle will go good with Dark Angels sense they were capes or cloaks.The Attack bikes yes I was going for 2+ save and more angle in the battle field.Then Again yah their better off with the sqauds though.In all the RW games oppoent always goes after the speeders always.So I firgured not build my army around them like their the only way to win the games which their aint.Its funny when people say I can't take AC and MM together,but RW are special.

If I was going to take a libraian I would have the biker the familar driving the bike and the libraian on the back like he's god.

Ghost of LO ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    185 (x8)

Hmm, i dont see where is says you may have an AC cannon, Multi meta, AND HB, multi melta doesnt have a place to mount on, without removing the HB. How if their is this option (which i cant find) id like to know how you modled it, + that would be a pretty sneaky combo of weapons, although im sure it must cost a bondle of points, since AC and multis arent cheap, and if it goes down, that almost seems like its boarding on a point sink.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm, i dont see where is says you may have an AC cannon, Multi meta, AND HB, multi melta doesnt have a place to mount on, without removing the HB. How if their is this option (which i cant find) id like to know how you modled it, + that would be a pretty sneaky combo of weapons, although im sure it must cost a bondle of points, since AC and multis arent cheap, and if it goes down, that almost seems like its boarding on a point sink.
    ok,you said you wanted to start Ravenwing,you play Dark Angels,and you can't find this option that is sad very sad.Look through your DA codex,on Page 9 at the top."Ravenwing Land Speeder Squadron"-Option-"The Land speeder may be fitted with an assualt cannon in addition to its heavy bolter at an additional cost of +25 pts.It may also replace it heavy bolter with a multi-melta at an additional cost of +15 points."
    The New Faq states nothing about changing about the Ravenwing Land speeders except for Battle company squadrons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    71 (x4)

Yes but that doesnt allow you to have all 3 weapons as it replaces the heavy bolter with the multi melta. This is a perfect example of why you should never act like a smart ass on a forum. Sometimes your wrong, like this time, and end up looking like a knob.
    Mentor of Space Marine Commanders far and wide.

Efficiency VS Point Cost VS Ease Of Use - Your best bets:

1) Chaplain led Assault squad - 2 plasma pistols, powerfisted sergeant

2) 8 man Devastator squad - 4 missile launchers

3) Land Speeder Tornado - HB + AC

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast