Kronos Legion 1000pt list; no special rules - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kronos Legion 1000pt list; no special rules

Well, I've just finished my 1000 pt army, but I'm wishing to expand it to 2000pts. If you didn't realise by my age, I'm a pretty young 40k player, so any help would be aprreciated
    Here is the current list:

H.Q

Reclusiarch Herakles - 120pts

ELITES

Artemis the Mountain (Dreadnought) - 125pts

TROOPS

Tactical Squad Ajax - 165pts
    Sergeant Ajax - Bolter
    8 Space Marines
    1 Space Marine w/ Lascannon

Tactical Squad Atreus - 165pts
    Sergeant Atreus - Bolter
    8 Space Marines

Tactical Squad Autolycus - 90pts
    Sergeant Autolycus - Bolter
    3 Space Marines
    1 Space Marines w/ Lascannon

Tactical Squad Alcestis - 90pts
    Sergeant Alcestis - Bolter
    3 Space Marines

HEAVY SUPPORT

Devastator Squad Castor - 135pts
    Sergeant Castor - Bolter
    4 Space Marines w/ Heavy Bolters

Cadmus the Hunter (Predator Destructor) - 110pts
    Heavy Bolter side-sponsons

Total - 1000pts

Member of the Anzac Clan!

Official FLUFF MASTER
    PM me for fluff help!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what is your HQ equiped with? the same about the dreadnaought, predetor destructor etc. i really like the devestator squad ;D but ad 2 or 3 marines in the squad so you dont have to remove heavy weapons at once.

what are your most common enemy? from this list i guess IG or tyranids..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Chaplain has a master-crafted Crozius Arcanum, and a bolt pistol
    Dreadnought has Lascannon and Power Fist
    Predator Destructor has Autocannon and Heavy Bolter side-sponsons

Most common enemy = At the moment, (you guessed it) 'Nids, but my brother is in the process of building an Eldar army.

Official FLUFF MASTER
    PM me for fluff help!

Wolf Scout Meltagunner Wulfbanes's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    49 (x2)

lol Astral Claw,
    I know what your going trough, only 14 myself, we seem to think out other strategies than the experienced people in here.
    well, the list seems quite well to me.
    I'm not a fan of the 15-points 1 time re-roll that the mastercraft gives you, but that's personal.

The first thing you need to get when you expend the list is:
    Get your chaplain a Jump Pack, get him in an Assault Squad Prefferably with 7+ marines, 2 plasma pistols (might be flamers against nids) and a sergeant with Powerfist.
    btw, you overated the reclusiarch for 19 points for as you described him.

Next addition to your army (especially against nids) should be an 8 man 4 missile launcher devastator squad. Coming in at 200 points, these guys deal a punch. Ability to wipe out whole squads in one round of firing, and shooting those big guys down that treathen your lines.

Also, consider getting an Librarian. It's use is endless against a Eldar player, it's not fun to have whole squads mown down by Mind War. I recommend the better of the two. for 15 points the extra wound and the all-so-important extra point off leadership are a bargain. hope that keeps you thinking again.

EDIT:
    An assault cannon on dread might be better => nid wise and eldar wise. (they get shot ^_^)
    Getting Help = Giving Rep

Space Wolves 5th edition:
    W13, L2, D2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    71 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Astral Claw
    Reclusiarch Herakles - master-crafted Crozius Arcanum, and a bolt pistol-
    120pts
    What is his purpose? What do you expect him to do? Why did you pay so much for an ability that does so little (referencing the master crafted Acrozius)?

Ok, as our best close combat models, we should make use of their inherant abilities. As such, your chaplain here could really use a good close combat squad to accompany him. Now, the most popular and most effective way to do this is give him a jump pack and stick him with an assault squad. You dont seem to have an assualt squad though. Can you purchase one? Can you purchase a jump pack package (10 jump packs, costs 20 bucks here in Canada)? If not we are going to have to go with a footslogging close combat squad. But he desperately needs one.

Artemis the Mountain (Dreadnought) TLLC DCCW- 125pts
    Every dreadnought needs extra armor. Sometimes being able to get out of the way is all that will keep you alive. Personally, I find that you have plenty of lascannons already, you should drop it for the assault cannon. If you do, be sure to also add smoke launchers as he may not be able to fire the first or second turn of the game.

Tactical Squad Ajax - 165pts
    Sergeant Ajax - Bolter
    8 Space Marines

Tactical Squad Atreus - 165pts
    Sergeant Atreus - Bolter
    8 Space Marines
    These squads have FAR to many marines in them for what they are doing. I would cut them down to a maximum of 6 in each squad and preferable also give them plasma guns.

Tactical Squad Autolycus - 90pts
    Sergeant Autolycus - Bolter
    3 Space Marines

Tactical Squad Alcestis - 90pts
    Sergeant Alcestis - Bolter
    3 Space Marines
    Thats a lot better, but if you follow the above advice, id make these 6 men and add plasma guns as well.

Devastator Squad Castor - 135pts
    Sergeant Castor - Bolter
    4 Space Marines w/ Heavy Bolters
    Glad to see you have some infantry suppresion. It does need some extra models as meat shields to protect those heavy bolters though. Take some of those marines we removed from the tactical squads and put them here. I would at AT LEAST 2 more marines. Generally you want 1 bolter marine for every heavy wepoan marine in a dev squad. However, as its heavy bolters and doent represent as much as a threat as 4 missil elaunchers or lascannos, 6 or 7 will be perfectly fine as a squad size.

Cadmus the Hunter (Predator Destructor) - 110pts
    Heavy Bolter side-sponsons
    Extra armor again. But no real problem other then that.

Cheers Mate
    Chaosbrynn
    Mentor of Space Marine Commanders far and wide.

Efficiency VS Point Cost VS Ease Of Use - Your best bets:

1) Chaplain led Assault squad - 2 plasma pistols, powerfisted sergeant

2) 8 man Devastator squad - 4 missile launchers

3) Land Speeder Tornado - HB + AC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosbrynn
    Why did you pay so much for an ability that does so little (referencing the master crafted Acrozius)?
    It's for free, so why not? (double points cost, but it's for free anyway)

As for the squads, I'll change them to 6-per squad, it seems to make more sense. Thanks for all help guys!

Official FLUFF MASTER
    PM me for fluff help!

jtm
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not a fan of the master crafted acrozius as you get to reroll missed hits the first round if you charge anyhow. Their best use is with an assault squad as chaosbrynn said, but they can work well with bikes too. Of course they're also a good option if you're looking for a balanced hq, but in that case give a tactical squad (maxed) with a powerfisted sarge to lead.

Like others had mentioned, cut down on the marines in tactical squads with the lascannons. Small man tactical squads with a heavy weapon, 10 man for an assault tactical squad. That's a lot of lascannons! An 8 man dev squad with missile launchers would work well and would be cheaper, but you couldn't shoot at 4 different targets. You could give your big tactical squads a meltagun for that anti armor punch if you want to as well, just have to be close.

With the dread give him extra armor. If you want him to be anti armor go tllc and missle launcher, for anti infantry, assault cannon, ccw, and a drop pod is the way to go.

I'd add some more fodder to the devastator squad, they are either going to get shot at a lot or not at all. For some more points you could replace them with landspeeder tornadoes, just have to be careful with them, or take both.

For expanding to 2000 points, look at your play style, are you more shooty or do you like assault?
    A maxed assault squad to go with the chaplain is a popular choice.

I'd reccomend picking up a land speeder tornado or two.

For a second hq I'd look at a librarian (great against eldar).

I personally don't care for terminators but some people like them, if you do take them go with a small squad and two assault cannons.

As long as you stay away from a land raider just about anything should work though.
    I can read now!

+ Reply to Thread