2000 pnt Pact de Luminous - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 pnt Pact de Luminous

1996 Pact De Luminous
    Doctrines:
    Ogryns
    Rough Riders
    Xenos Mounts
    Grenadiers
    Iron Discipline

HQ: 293 (Shooty Inquisitor + Daemon Slaying equipment)
    Inquisitor Lord Grand Duke
    Daemonhammer +Psycannon +Icon of Just +Sacred inscense +Grimoire of true names

3 x Warriors with 2 Heavy Bolters and 1 Plasma Cannon

1 x Mystic

2 x Sage

2 x Hierophant

1 x Familiar

HQ: 201 (CC Counter Assualt Command Squad)
    Junior Officer Sky (Psycho Soldier)+ Comissar Rain
    2 x power weapon +2 x Refractor Field +Honorifica Imperialis +Iron Discipline

Las Pistols and CC weapons + 1 Master Vox

2 x Native Hunting Beasts
    agile + vicious +snappy

Elite: 170 (Deep Strike Troop Killer)
    2 x DaemonHosts

Elite: 210 (Front line damage shield and counter attack squad)
    7 x Ogryn +Bone 'ead

Troop: 126 (Meq Killer)
    7 x Storm Troopers +Veteran Sergeant
    2x Plasma guns +plasma pistol +power weapon +vox caster

Troop: 235 (Front Line)
    1 x Junior Officer Command Squad
    with Plasma Gun and Heavy Bolter team + Iron Discipline
    2 x 10 man Infantry Squads with Vox Casters
    with Plasma Gun and Heavy Bolter team

FA: 125 (Quick Response Meq Killer)
    Rough Rider Squadron
    8 x rough riders
    8 x Hunting Lance +8 x Xenos Mounts +Vox

FA: 165 (Tank Killers)
    3 x Armageddon Pattern Sentinels

HS: 170 (Troop Killer, Vehicle killer)
    Leam Russ Battle Tank
    3 x Heavy Bolter +Extra Armor +Track guards

Leam Russ Battle Tank

---------------------------------

The sub-sector of Hemorrage, on the western fringes of the known Empire, is besieged by war on all sides. To the South is Sigmentum Pacificus and the terrible Sabbat Crusade where the forces of chaos have a strangle hold over the galactic west of the Empirium. To the East are the Sigmentum Obsurious and the dreaded Eye of Terror, the swirling vortex of chaos that is the immatrium. To the North and West are the fringes of the edge of the galaxy and the great unknown. From there Hemorrage has had to fight off Necron, Elder, and Tryanid alike.

Tasked with the war for its own existence since its discovery the sub-sector of Hemorrage has persevered thanks to the Inquisition and the Emperor’s Aegis, the local Adeptes Astartes Chapter. Hermorrage has therefore become a stagging point for the entire sector brimming with many war worlds akin to Cadia and many Shrine Worlds where the Ecclesiarch bring the faith of the God Emperor.

However the worlds of Hermorrage must not be found wanting for the enemies of man are ever relentless. A terrible plague has spread it self over half of the sub-sector announcing the arrival of the terrible Nurgle legion of Cancer. The Inquisition allied with the Emperor’s Aegis was quick to meet this challenge.

Things became worse far sooner than they got better. The Chapter Master of the Emperor’s Aegis, Delgrosso Luminous, became infected by the horrible taint and turned ruinous dragging over three fourths of his chapter with him. The Inquisitor Lord of the sub-sector, Inquisitor Isaacs of Ordo Malleus, raised an army to combat the fallen chapter. Isaacs created a standing Imperial Guard army out of the systems PDF forces almost over night and raged a bloody 30 year war with the Emperor’s Aegis for the sub-system.

The bloody conclusion of the war ended in the great halls of the Chapter’s founding Fortress on their home world. However it was not Isaacs but a inducted Sergeant by the name of Edmund Duke that felled the diseased infested Chapter Master.

The plague that the Cancer Legion spread was not one of body but one of soul. Isaacs, and Edmund too, that day discovered that the young sergeant was soulless. Discovering an invaluable tool Isaacs took Edmund for his personal retinue.

Over a period of 50 years Isaacs successfully battled the infestation. However war is always accompanied by loss. Edmund had scaled from the ranks of psychic shield to warrior, to acolyte, to inquisitor. In battle with the Greater Unclean One, Pestilence, Isaacs was felled. Edmund took up the mantle of his former master and pressed forward the defense of Hemorrage which was by now breaking at its seams.

Both sides have been drawn thin and refuse surrender. The forces of chaos have plagued the fracture hive fleets of the lost Leviathan broods and have brought them to the war front. Where the infected Tyranid swarm nothing but acrid husks of rock and dirt are left behind; planets of little use to the Empirium or the Imperium. Such is the nature of Chaos.

With the addition of the fractured hive fleets little hope is left for Hermorrage. Infected by chaos and with a psychic shadow spreading itself across the sub-sector there is now no hope of reinforcements coming to the rescue.

This however has not stopped Inquisitor Edmund Duke from doing his duty. He continues the fight with whatever tools he has access too. Those who have survived the war this long have been formed into elite shock regiments to be deployed planet side and meet the forces of chaos head on. The use of abhumans is wide spread bolstering the numbers of the Imperial forces. Abhorred and ravenous xenos beasts are used as engines of war. Vehicles with infected machine spirits are still used blasting ever deeper into the dark ranks of chaos. Crazed general’s possessed by demonic spirits are kept in check and pressed into continued service.

Rumor has it Inquisitor Duke has even made use of flesh bound daemons as last chance devices for securing victory in key areas of the sub-sector.

Whatever the truth the Emperor's light still shines in Hermorrage, no matter how faint, and continues to remind the ruinous powers of chaos of his almighty presence.

-----------------------------

Posting my porposed army for you all to critque. Please do remember my army is very fluff based. I realize the weakness of Ogryns when comapred to other possible unit to point choices. However I am open to any suggestions espically if you can back it up fluff wise. Thank you all for your time-

Last edited by GrandDuke; November 15th, 2005 at 07:16.
    quos deus vult perdere prius dementat
    - those whom a god wishes to destroy he first drives mad

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Back in action! Lord Yossanrion's Avatar
    Canberra, ACT, Australia, reading "Make-Out Paradise."
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    206 (x6)

Vehicles with infected machines spirits as still used pressing shells ever deeper into the black hearts of chaos. Crazed general’s possessed by demonic spirits are kept in check and pressed into continued service.
    How about: Tainted and warped vehicles are pressed into service, and possesed soldiers become a common, yet terrible sight.

Or kill that altogther.

Possessed General's are a bit to far IMHO, as the Guardsmen would got nuts. They'd get really freaked, and do knows God-knows-what.

Otherwise good fluff.

Now for the list:

HQ: 333 (Shooty Inquisitor + Daemon Slaying equipment)
    MC Daemonhammer +Psycannon +Artificer Armor +Grimoire of true names +Icon of Just +Sacred inscense +Digital Weapon

1 x Mystic

2 x Sage

2 x Hierophant

1 x Familiar
    Good shootyness, lose the Artificer Armour (mized armour rules screw that), other wise fine.

HQ: 350 (CC Command Squad)
    Hardened Heroic Senior Officer Sky (Psycho Soldier)+ Comissar Rain
    2 x MC power weapon +Plasma Pistol +2 x Carapace Armor +2 x Refractor Field +Medallion Crimson +Trademark item

3 x Guardsmen w/ flamers + 1 Vox

3 x Native Hunting Beasts
    agile + vicious +snappy
    Lose the Carapce, mixed armour screws it. MC power weapons aren't so good. Its kinda contradictary that the Guardsmen's deamon-possesed General has a cool trademark. Oh, get a standard. Very usefull peice of kit indeed.

Elite: 255 (Deep Strike Troop Killer)
    3 x DaemonHosts
    Cool. I like.

9 x Ogryn +Bone 'ead
    Looks fine, although Grey Knights might be better.

Troop: 96 (Meq Killer)
    4 x Storm Troopers +Veteran Sergeant
    Needs more troopers. As does the other one. Nice plasma though. Oh, and give them infiltrate/deep strike. Thats usefull.

FA: 150 (Quick Response Meq Killer)
    Rough Rider Squadron
    10 x rough riders
    10 x Hunting Lance +10 x Xenos Mounts
    Good, but needs vet sarge for extra attacks, and a Vox.

The rest looks fine, but I wouldn't rely on Sentinals, and Russ's for my Anti Tank.

Last point, you have to few troopers for 1984 points. Way to few.

Looks good other wise.

~Yossanrion
    Anzac Clan!
    Final Fantasy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've made some decisions based off of what you've suggested Lord Yossanrion.

Mainly I've removed the digital weapon from my Inquisitor, a Daemonhost, and two ogryns. For it I got another Meq killing Grenadiar squad and 2 more kasrkin in each sqaud. My grand total troop count is now 24, up from just 10.

I'll explain more later, but time is very short of me. Any other sugesstions are welcomed.

Oh, one thing off the top of my head, I can't give my grenadiars deepstrike or infiltrate. Their grenadiers, Storm Troopers fielded as troop choices, not elite Storm Troopers. As such they don't get access to deepstrike or infiltration.

And I can't take Greyknights... Radical army. The daemonhosts don't allow me to take greyknights. Honestly if I had access to greyknights with that Daemonhost elite choice I probably wouldn't take any IG.
    Last edited by GrandDuke; November 6th, 2005 at 10:13.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    144 (x3)

The true problem with this list is that you're spending such a ridiculously large amount (680+ points, one full third of the army) on two small units that are made up of humans. Guard armies should use the bear-ass minimum for HQ units because they're only really there to provide leadership, they don't make effective close combat units like most other armies' leaders. Even a tooled-up Inquisitor or Heroic Senior Officer is only fit to tackle the basic troops of an opposing army, and only in small numbers. Now granted this Inquisitor is supposed to be "shooty," but for 300 points you're getting a psycannon, two heavy bolters, and a plasma cannon. For 330 points you could get two Leman Russ Demolishers that are heavily armored (and thus harder to kill than a frail Inquisitor and retinue), and have two Demolisher cannnons, four plasma cannons, and two hull-mounted weapons.

If you want to invest solely in overly-expensive and somewhat elite models, you're playing the wrong army. The Guard is about the teeming masses, the humble soldier clutching a lasgun who jumps in the way of any round heading for the not-so-humble soldier touting a plasma gun. Point is though that you sacrifice far too many points for far too little effective firepower and close combat ability.
    "I would listen to Sokhar. The man's a genius. Listen."
    ~Lord Yossanrion
    "Thanks, Sokhar. There was some legitimately good advice in between the low-grade profanity, blaspheming and veiled insults."
    ~Quick
    "Well thought, intelligently put, with a hint of sarcastic bastard!"
    ~Diggum's Hammer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of course you're right Sokhar. However, if I were to do what IG are all about I would be playing an army akin to most other IG armies.

I want to explore what else the IG have to offer.

Admittedly I'm surprised neither of you two have committed on my choice to take Ogryns. As is my Grenadiers are more likely to survive then my Ogryns as seeing they actually get a save against bolters.

Anyways, I've done some numbers.

A fully fielded Infantry Platoon with 55 lasguns/pistols will, statistically, wound 3 MEQs a turn. Also, the basically fully fielded Infantry Platoon is 340 points. My troop choices as is, with just the 9 plasma pistols / plasma guns, statistically will score 5 MEQ wounds a turn. That's not counting in hellguns. Also, my grenadiers cost less and can roll a %50 saving throw against bolter rounds. The only thing that Infantry Platoon has is twice as many wounds. Then again their twice as more likely to die so my Grenadiers practically make up for that with their armor.

Now, I do know a fully loaded Infantry Platoon can have 11 plasma guns / pistols and 5 assorted heavy weapons and a 4+ save just like my grenadiers. That however would make them cost considerably more.

Where my Grenadiers don't have numbers I won't rule them as being ineffective.

Though, I do have to agree with you Sokhar about my Inquisitor. But I think you miss the duel purpose of him. At range he can send 3 psy bolts himself to slice right into the hide of a Daemon Prince. If that daemon prince is fullish enough to swath a path of destruction up to my Inquisitor I can beat him in CC, stun him for the next turn, if not just out right kill him.

If you're curious to why I have such MEQ killing abilities in my army the three armies I fight where I am is SM, WH, and CSM. The CSM player also loves his Daemon Prince.

You should have seen my original Inquisitor load out, it was quite hogpog to say the least. I've now streamlined him to be long range support. True the weaponry for the point cost does not compare with one Heavy Weapons Heavy Bolter Squad but I believe my DH HQ choice still has merit for it's designed purpose. Though, truthfully, I probably don't need the artificer armor or icon of just and should just equip him with Terminator armor. That would save me 20 points, convey an extra attack, and be just about as good as my current defense load out. Hell, I probably don't even need armor since the Inquisitor is suppose to fire at range and then stop his opponent dead in assault before they can strike back.

A good majority of my decisions have been based off of fluff desires.

If anything the best thing I could do is get rid of the ogryns and field a Infantry Platoon in their place as a good 25 to 35 wound shield. Hell, I'm not that impressed with Ogryns (decent toughness but their armor is too weak). But I've decided to go against the norm and work for more character in my army.

I'm actually planning to mod/mold Kasrkin for my Rough Riders and field Kasrkin flamers for my IG HQ retinue. In light of this decision of mine I'm curious if it would be a good idea to drop Hardened Veterans and the Carapace armor I've equipped my HSO and Commissar with and give the squad Special Equipment: Carapace armor.

Oh well, maybe you can see some of the numbers I've worked out and some of the thought I've put behind this army list. It leans toward MEQ killing, though I don't think it will be weak against Tryanid or Orcs. Though, I am cautious of Tau, I believe my army lacks distant fire power and enough assault power to make up for the Tau's distant strength.

Oh, and Lord Yossanrion, I forgot my RR could take a Vox unit. I'll be giving them one.
    Last edited by GrandDuke; November 8th, 2005 at 07:34.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just some minor changes to the list. I took out the doctrine Hardened Fighters and replaced it with carapace armor. I also took the Artificer Armor off my Inquisitor.

For 15 points I was giving my Inquisitor +1 more save then he otherwise would have had. Saving those points I'm able to give my Rough Riders all +1 to their save.

On top of that I took away my HSO and Commissar's carapace armor and gave it to the whole squad.

Now the 4+ is the majority save and I'll be able to save against bolter fire first with that.

This also works out for modeling purposes since I'm planning to field Kasrkin Flamer models as my HQ retinue and plan to mold my RR to look like Kasrkin riders... what can I say? I think Kasrkin are awsome looking as far as Gaurd go.
    Last edited by GrandDuke; November 9th, 2005 at 00:48.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, revised my army list again. Looking over the functions of my army I've finally gone with the advice of getting rid of all my master-crafted weapons. I figured the two or three attempts the MC weapons would give me to wound wasn't worth 45 points.

Call me silly but I didn't realize the power of Iron Discipline. As far as I can tell it's the only ability that allows guard to regroup under 50% strength. I believe this is a must have for my small count army.

I've also looked over my codex over and over and I see no reason why ID wouldn't work over the vox. I hope I'm not wrong on this one. Because of this I've decided to give my HQ its master vox back. I especially like this since I can use the Vox in combat where in I can't use Leadership if my Counter-Assualt command squad is locked up in combat as well.

I also clarified the purpose of my IG HQ. It's a counter-assault unit, not a front line unit. Because of this I'm curious if the 3 flamers are of any use or if I should switch them out for a simple las-pistol and CC weapon to maximize my CC attacks.

I also put two more Grenadiers into each of my Meq killing squads. I also upgraded my Rough Rider Sergeant into a Veteran as seeing I had an extra 10 points.

Though, taking into consideration what's been said in this thread and some advice I've gotten at my local hobby store here's an alternative list:

1996 Pact De Luminous
    Doctrines:
    Ogryns
    Rough Riders
    Xenos Mounts
    Grenadiers
    Iron Discipline

HQ: 293 (Shooty Inquisitor + Daemon Slaying equipment)
    Daemonhammer +Psycannon +Icon of Just +Sacred inscense +Grimoire of true names

1 x Mystic

2 x Sage

2 x Hierophant

1 x Familiar

HQ: 206 (CC Counter Assualt Command Squad)
    Heroic Senior Officer Sky (Psycho Soldier)+ Comissar Rain
    2 x power weapon +2 x Refractor Field +Iron Discipline

Las Pistols and CC weapons + 1 Master Vox

2 x Native Hunting Beasts
    agile + vicious +snappy

Elite: 170 (Deep Strike Troop Killer)
    2 x DaemonHosts

7 x Ogryn +Bone 'ead

3 x 10 man Infantry Squads with Vox Casters

--------------------------
    ALTERNATIVELY
    --------------------------
    2 x 10 man Infantry Squads with Vox Casters

FA: 125 (Quick Response Meq Killer)
    Rough Rider Squadron
    8 x rough riders
    8 x Hunting Lance +8 x Xenos Mounts +Vox

FA: 165 (Tank Killers)
    3 x Armageddon Pattern Sentinels

Leam Russ Battle Tank

Leam Russ Battle Tank
    -----------------------------------------------------

I'm not sure how much better this list would be than my previous list. But, trust me, I am listening. I just want to make sure this is an army I'm happy to field.

If you're wondering what my plan of attack is…

I'm looking at pushing my Leman Russ's forward with either my three Meq Killing squads, or my alternative 2 Meq squads and infantry platoon, as a front line. Then I'll have my IG HQ behind all of that ready to counter assault. My Rough Riders will be off to one flank and Ogryns to the other acting as anti-flanking / counter assaulting units. My DH HQ will be in the back letting loss as much pain as he can but not to far back. I want him able to counter attack my friend's annoying Deamon Prince. The Sentinels will run amuck killing all the vehicles they can while my Daemonhosts deep strike causing as much damage as possible.

Yep, that's where I am now. All comments and suggestions are welcomed.
    Last edited by GrandDuke; November 11th, 2005 at 08:15.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

206 (x6)

Lets do it again...

I've also looked over my codex over and over and I see no reason why ID wouldn't work over the vox. I hope I'm not wrong on this one. Because of this I've decided to give my HQ its master vox back. I especially like this since I can use the Vox in combat where in I can't use Leadership if my Counter-Assualt command squad is locked up in combat as well.
    Yeah, thats true. IMHO Master Vox isn't worth it most of the time, normal Vox will done fine.

3 x 10 man Infantry Squads with Vox Casters
    !!!! No special or heavy weapons! For Gods sakes man! Call your self a guard player! !!!

Seiriously, take some weapons. Lasguns are no real use, and you want to be able to take those usefull missile launchers.

I don't quite understand the "Alternative" deal. :blink: Is it compeltely new, where does it end, and what does it replace?

Good luck,

~Yossanrion
    Anzac Clan!
    Final Fantasy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The alternative is suppose to show another possible load out for the above troop choice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

206 (x6)

Ahh, thanks.

Go with the alternative option. Please!