1500 Blood Angels against Daemonhunters - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 Blood Angels against Daemonhunters

Yo people my DH friend and i are gonna have a "the Imperium's finest" battle soon and i want some advice. He plays a puritan army tho its not 100% Grey Knights. We're not gonna show our lists to each other before the game :tongue: so the only thing im (almost) sure of is that he'll use his customary Grand Master + Termie retinue. aww well, surprises...
    Since its no use sending my tac marines to CC his Str6 GKs (my boys die almost everytime i do that) im planning to use a shootier troops core to boost the dc while retaining my 2 fast assault units and fire support. So here's the list...

MoS w/Termie Hons, bp, jump pack and frag grenades 237pts
    Death Company 0pts

Tac squad - V. Sgt w/bolter, 1 plasma gun, 1 lascan, 4 bolters 145pts

Tac squad - V. Sgt w/bolter, 1 plasma gun, 1 lascan, 3 bolters 130pts

Tac squad - 4 bolters, 1 plasma cannon (yeah GK killer ) 95pts

Tac squad - 4 bolters, 1 plasma cannon 95pts

Assault squad - V. Sgt w/bp+p.fist, 2 w/plasma pistol+CCW, 5 bp+CCW 216pts

Land Speeder Tornadox3 all AC+HB 240pts

Devastators - V.Sgt w/bolter, 3 MLs, 3 bolters 180pts

Vindicator w/PotMS, dozer blades, extra armour 165pts (one shot will make its pts back:w00t: )

Total 1503pts, 4 vehicles, 43~45 models

So basically the aim is to assault enemy squads which have been first weakened by a hail of shots from the shooty elements. i have high hopes on the vindicator - i need it to take out the Terminators because they are almost unbeatable in CC...the LSTs are for swiping any IST or light transports he might use while i have a healthy number of lascans and missiles to deal with heavy armour...

So will it work?

Last edited by chickenpowder; November 15th, 2005 at 12:08.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    71 (x4)

The best advice I can give you is to field vehicles. DH are notoriously bad at dealing with vehicles at range. You already have a vindicator, but this is the one time I would consider taking a LR. They GK's can not damage it in close combat, and only their dreadnoughts can damage it at range.

Id also like to point out that with PotMS you really dont need extra armor.
    Mentor of Space Marine Commanders far and wide.

Efficiency VS Point Cost VS Ease Of Use - Your best bets:

1) Chaplain led Assault squad - 2 plasma pistols, powerfisted sergeant

2) 8 man Devastator squad - 4 missile launchers

3) Land Speeder Tornado - HB + AC

Ghost of LO ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    185 (x8)

I cant see a death company lossing to anything, so long as they charge, beside that, wheres the baal? Althought the landspeeders are probably filling this roll, id still love the idea of the baal. Also, if you field a landraider, make it a crusader, and if you do that, get a nice CC squad to jump in it. Although your current list seems ok, watch out for those orbital strikes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thx chaosbrynn but i still dont think that i should take a Land Raider coz
    1.I dont like them and i dont have a model and theyre so expensive!
    2.My friend usually has a couple of IST with melta guns in Chimeras, so theres still a fair chance of getting it blown up.
    3.LR weps are puny, i could do better with 2 more Vindicators

erm as to the other kind reply, my DC can lose and has in the past if i charge into his HQ unit. Sure on the first turn i hv the advantage (coz the chappie and Furious Charge) but sooner or later his GKGM force-kills my chappie and his Termies gut my DC (power weps...boo).
    And anyway, like i said i dont want Land Raiders.

Thx for helping tho, ill stay clear of pieces of cover till he uses his orbital strike...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

I would like to see the word Baal appear at least once in you list, those reding assault cannons are the dogs whatsits, sure you got 3 tornados, but whyt get some twin linked goodness?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i only have to say that you need to increase squad size, i realise that your trying to get more plasma cannons, but like one round of shooting has the possibility of a marine squad fleeing? no way! make a devistator squad with 4 plasmas, yes i know you cant divide your fire, but due to the fact that gk;s are fearless, it wont matter if you cant get whole squads taken down prior to cc. make your 4 marie squads into 3 squads of 8-10 with 1 ML and more general beef and surviviablity to he units. as for the landspeeders, i dont personally care for them but if you can use them to make their points go ahead

Ghost of LO ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    185 (x8)

One other reason to take baals perhaps instead of the speeders, is that in the case of demon hunters, they have range 24, with a lot of shots, even a 5 mans quaud would return 10 shots to a speeder, this may cause them to go down faster then to normal armies. Alteratvly, if you played with them more carfully then normal, you could go IG hunting, where both of those weapons are rediculusly overpowered. As for the death company, im assuming you average around 10 a game, with even with only 1 or 2 power weapons, you could bring down 10 terminators. The chappy at 6, the others at, well i dont know how many DC get, but i assume 3 maybe 4, thats at least another 6, not to mention the the rest of the squads attacks. Seems like youve had bad luck, rather then the squad being illsuited to destoring terminators. Since they are all 4I, they might as well be armed with powerfists, and my assault squad, with worse chappy, and 1 powerfist, rolls through 7 terminators and HQ, like a knife through butter. Yes the demon hunter HQ will bring down quite a few models, but he only has 5 attacks, probably will only get about 3 of your DC, the rest will probably never strike. Peace.
    Last edited by ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar; November 12th, 2005 at 05:43.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oblivion thx for sharing but erm..perhaps u dunno BA very well? BA needs many squads to beef up DC numbers so more squads are always better than bigger squads for BA. Also, 4 plasma cannon devs are wasted w/BA coz if they Rage then thats 230 pts down the drain:wacko: ...still, thanks for the ideas
    Furnace thx i c now y Baals r better than LST..only i like them so much...im considering. Tho actually DC do die to GK Termies. They're not regular termies u noe, with I4 and Str6 they rip through DC pretty easily...and his GKGM almost always force-kills my Chaplain by turn 2 of CC...so id rather just shoot that uber unit to hell instead of closing in...Vindicator pie plates anyone?:tongue:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just wondering... you could include bikes w/ an attack bike... they can move and shoot, arm the attack bike with a multi melta and keep it 24" away... even his GK might be able to shoot back, your bikes have a higher T... and before he deep strikes his GK in (if he plans to deep strike them), you can use them to harass the other part of his army, like destorying his chimeras...

you could also try fielding a squad of assault terminators w/ lightning claws... may not be the same str, but at least u have re rolls...

maybe take 1 LST or maybe 2... 3 might be a bit too much

i think u can take a furiso dreadnought, and try charging it towards his Grand Master... like only base to base with him, then with str 10 attacks, no armor save, you would be able to take him out... the thing is that he strikes 1st, and with str 6, he has a chance of getting pass your front armour, but is a glance... but if u do kill his Grand Master, it would have gotten its pts back...

by the way... does he have an assassin in his army??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bike squads? Hmmm, nice idea...ill consider one. Loads of shooting power, but if they go DC then its a big waste.

Nah, not assault termies, too slow, too expensive...even worse if they go DC. i prefer more models.

LST problem...yeah, maybe 3 is a bit too much, but since im already considering switching a Baal for a pair of them, its okay, ill think about that.

Furioso dreadnought is a good idea, but it would be completely screwed if my friend uses ISTs w/meltas in Chimeras...he's blown up my "proxy" Dreadnoughts loads of times in the past, either with the aforementioned tank-bustinf squad ot with his Dred's lascan.

Assassin...i dunno, he sometimes uses one, usually Vindicare or Eversor, but since we're both holding up our lists this time...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast