[1000] Flesh tearers - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

[1000] Flesh tearers

OK below is my 1000 point FT army:

Reclusiarch, jump pack, terminator honours, BP, frag grenades, death company

Furioso dread, extra armour, smoke

Tac squad – vet sgt + 5 marines, frags, melta gun, combi melta,
    Razorback, extra armour, smoke

Tac squad – vet sgt + 5 marines, frags, melta gun, combi melta,
    Razorback, extra armour, smoke

LST, assault cannon

Baal Pred, heavy boltor sponsons and extra armour

Now the problem is this, firstly let me say, despite FT special rules I am not playing this like an all out DC assault army, it is still an assault army but mostly mechanised, but the furioso and the LST don’t seem to fit, they work OK on the battle field, but they just don’t seem to be fluffy with the standard army as it is, ditching them would give me 195 points to play with, my options are :

3 attack bikes with multi meltas – seems quite fluffy- essentially outriders for a mechanised column

A 7 man assault squad, 2 plasma pistols and vet sgt w powerfist – less fluffy but quite effective

6 man tac squad in a rhino W extra armour and smoke, vet sgt, melta gun and power fist – seems considerably more fluffy but obviously needs to be a bigger squad

Thoughts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my past few games I have found Razor's to be great well round tanks/transport.
    There cheap, can transport, interchangeable weapons systems, and can take the enemy by surprise.

I really annoyed a necron player who could not for the life of him take out my duo o' Razorbacks (not unlike you list mind you), They just sat there the whole game in the rear of the battlefield providing cover and pop of necron heads. Great fun I tell you.

As far as your list, It seems pretty solid. I personally would keep the LST, its a solid piece of hardware and great all around killin' machine. But if you must ditch it, I would say take the troops on foot or transported. The footsloggers would be my pick as the standard rhino would be good but I'm not sure about 3 transports in a 1k game.

Hope i helped.:sleep:

~~~No1:ninja:
    The guilty laugh while the innocent suffer.............WELL WHO'S LAUGHING NOW!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

list is low on boddies anyway, but this is partly due to the fact it is esssentially mechanised, a foot slogging unit does seem right, and jump packs are iffy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    71 (x4)

Shame on you Chere. Playing FT and not using a DC dread? They are far more effective then Furioso's.

Ok so your not going with the FT's better ability to generate DC (again shame on you).

Do those troop squads actually work out for you?
    Mentor of Space Marine Commanders far and wide.

Efficiency VS Point Cost VS Ease Of Use - Your best bets:

1) Chaplain led Assault squad - 2 plasma pistols, powerfisted sergeant

2) 8 man Devastator squad - 4 missile launchers

3) Land Speeder Tornado - HB + AC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

411 (x8)

Brynn mate, I was waiting for you to drive by on this one..

I know but there are some questions ove weather the FT rules are now legal, they are not un the US GTs, explicity in the rule pack, UK GW states that they believe they are but best to make sure before I takle them to any tourney!

DC dreads are nice and I aspire to get loaded on them, but they are alitle expensive (30 points more than furioso with extra armour) and lack control, although they have the advantage of ignoring stunned and shaken results, I am reserving them for the larger army when I am not short on warm boddies!

Hey I got vet sgts, rules legal or not, they will join DC if anybody does

Played it a couple of times, although had to proxy half the army with other marines as I am busy converting every mini (me and my bright Ideas). Yeah, they are rather light, particularly if the VS joins DC, surprisingly they prove rather usefull at tank busting, but the tactic goes like this:

2 razors, side by side zoom up the field with DC behind them, they unload theie troops who open up at point blank, my opponent then has 3 choices, run away, charge or shoot, ignoring the first one, the latter 2 tend to decimate the squads, but then DC charges him and he becomes very dead very quickly, the Baal, furioso and LST tend to draw fire but make a good account of themselves, appart from the dread, for some reason, both players didnt seem to want this chap to reach them and focussed their fire, but that is fine cos they aint shooting the razors. post turn 2 I tend to have 2 razors shooting away with heavy Bs, a couple of marines from each squad taking pot shots or charging and DC reaping their merry way through the opposition lines. Do the squads work? yes, they die very effectively but in the process allow DC rape the opposition!

Ghost of LO ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    185 (x8)

The only way i can see this list being successuful is with those tactical squads to have lascannons and plsama guns. Pray to the emperor you get both sargents into the death company, after that your in great shape. And it doesnt get much more mechanised then the LST and dreadnought

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

411 (x8)

las cannons and plasma guns are hardly fluffy,. dreadnaughts are too slow and speeders too fast, the list has been sucessfull already, thanks for your thoughts anyway

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    71 (x4)

Well if its working for you Chere, then go with it, your no newbie after all. However, you and I both know that in a competitive tournament, your gonna have an incredibly difficult time with this list.

One last question, why play FT if you arent using any of their bonuses?
    Mentor of Space Marine Commanders far and wide.

Efficiency VS Point Cost VS Ease Of Use - Your best bets:

1) Chaplain led Assault squad - 2 plasma pistols, powerfisted sergeant

2) 8 man Devastator squad - 4 missile launchers

3) Land Speeder Tornado - HB + AC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

411 (x8)

yeah most of the point of putting together FTs was around converting them and also having an assault based marine army as I am starting to get flack cos no one can beat my Sons of Medusa, which is principly shooting based

Point of the original Q is what to do about the LST and dread to make it more themed mate, any out of the box thoughts you got would be much appreciated.

As to FT special rules, well my BA are now mostly used by my son, and he goes for the uber Dc and in bigger battles, powersword toating, terminator honours wearing, jump packing honour guard squads, min maxing las plas troops, it all seems a little too one trick pony to me, plus I got fed up with people telling me the rhino rush is dead.

Taking FTs, following their rules - only one tank, vet sgts must be the first to join DC, I use all of these, but also see the army as a challenge, not just overlaoding on traditional Ba style, but to give it options and the ability to adapt whilst still being an assault army.

My point is I gues, that my Sons of Medusa are a solid list, but how I use them is equally important, over the years, whilst I am not a power game, I have becoem very good at using them and so I am difficult to beat, using this lot should rather temper my abilities and give my opponents some variability and new challenges

Wolf Scout Meltagunner Wulfbanes's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    49 (x2)

That is a good info you gave us there Cheradine.
    You know, For mechanised Flesh Tearers I would go with Attack Bikes instead of LST, I think they would be like outriders or something, would be fluffy as I see it. And the Dread. I can't see what is unfluffy about it. I love dreads, especially in assault armies. And the Furioso is rockhard. Well, all I could think of.
    Later,
    Wolf's Gone
    Getting Help = Giving Rep

Space Wolves 5th edition:
    W13, L2, D2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast