My little brother's list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My little brother's list

My 9 year old brother plays Imperial Guard. He isn't bad, he has defeated me on many occasions. I think his main problem is his army list. I play Space Marines and tend to assualt alot. He will be playing almost nothing but my army so here it is

HQ
    Heroic Senior Officer:
    Poxer Weapon:
    Bolt Pistol:
    Refactor Field:
    Master Vox:

Lord Inquisitor (Deamonhunter):
    Bolt Pistol
    Force Weapon:
    Carapace Armour:
    Scourging:
    Consecrated Scrolls:
    Master Crafted Weapon (force weapon):
    Icon of the Just:
    Digital Weapon:
    Total:272pts

Elites

GK Termiesx4:
    Brother Captian:
    Incinerator
    Total:260pts

Troops

1 platoon/five squads:

Squad #1
    Vox Caster:
    lascannon:
    plasma gun:

Squad #2
    Vox caster:
    Lascannon:

Squad #3
    Vox Caster:
    Lascannon:

Squad #4
    Vox caster:
    Melta Gun:

Squad #5
    Vox Caster:
    Melta Gun:

Total:175pts

Fast Attack
    Sentinelx1:
    Autocannon:
    Total:50pts

Heavy support

Leman Russ:
    Lascannon:
    Heavy Bolters:
    Rough terrain Modification:
    Smoke Launchers:
    Total:173pts

Grand Total: 930pts

Doctines: Sharpshooters, Close Order Drill

His strategy is to sit back and let me come to him.
    The Inquisitor is ment to counter my commander who has three wounds and couses him alot of trouble so I tried to have him dish out as many attacks in one turn as possible.
    The army limit is 1000pts
    He also has alot of trouble with my five man assualt squad
    I wrote this list for him because he doesn't fully get the points system yet. I was hard for me to make a list for an army i dont play so any suggestions would be nice, thanks
    P.S this is all the models he owns so I had to make due with what he has.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    144 (x3)

First off, you want to post this in the Imperial Guard Army List's forum, not the general one. The link is at the top of the message board page. Secondly, when you post there, just include a point cost for each unit, you can't go line by line, item by item, or else you'll get your post deleted for revealing copy-written information. When you repost there in the proper format, I'd be glad to give you some critiques on the list. Sound good?
    "I would listen to Sokhar. The man's a genius. Listen."
    ~Lord Yossanrion
    "Thanks, Sokhar. There was some legitimately good advice in between the low-grade profanity, blaspheming and veiled insults."
    ~Quick
    "Well thought, intelligently put, with a hint of sarcastic bastard!"
    ~Diggum's Hammer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

Just so you know, you've only got one troop choice. That may not be a problem between you and your brother though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

Also, unless I'm forgetting something then your master vox is underpaid.

The force weapon on the lord is a huge point sink, actually the lord is a point sink IMO because I hate the use of inquisitor lords. (Yes this is pretty much the only way they could possibly be fielded but it just seems wrong, mainly because I hate thorian and monodominant inquisitors)

The termies are...alright, but it would probably be better if he took a eight/nine man unit of grey knights for those points. Loss of the save is worth all the points it frees up. (to be used to get three or four more men)

Don't gear the HQ for cc if they are not going to come close to it. Master vox screams hide behind best cover since when its gone, all that vox is useless. For IG hq, if your brother is using one of the officers than have him take the junior officer with an honorifica imperialis. The stats are that of the heroic senior officer but for five points less. (so in this case that power weapon seems free)

Ghandi pointed out the troops problem.

Lone sentinal with antilight-armour screams shoot me, while the russ is a priority target. Only thing to take notice to is the upgrades, smoke launchers are good for vehicles who have low armour and will not survive concentrated punishment in that one turn. A russ with front 14 has very little to worry from marines who have to close a gap bigger than 12 inches in order to do any damage to it.

For that infantry platoon, there are five squads but no command squad. Each infantry platoon is made up of a command squad and between two and five infantry squads. Meaning there must be at least two ten man units and one five man unit. The squads themselves are in need of some work. Meltaguns will do nothing but waste points unless they can be brought towards their intended targets. For the same cost have it replaced with the plasma gun in order to get that extra range and possible double enemy kill.

Well, heres my little bit for you..actually for your brother. I hope some of this advice helps and some things can be pointed out for clarity...

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

This looks like the kind of list that I would write for an opponent too... which is not so good for your brother.

If the lord dosent have a retinue he will have to be moved to the elites choice. This is good, because then you can get a Grand Master in the HQ slot that would be perfect for kicking your commander around as well as the asault squad.

You will also have to split one of the units into two 5-man Command HQ squads for the two compulsory troops choices.
    ie Troops 1= 5-man CHQ plus two 10-man squads. Troops 2= 5-man CHQ plus two 10-man squads.

Try these changes and post a new list on the army lists forum without the points costs.
    It's worth a krak!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 you need 2 platoons in the army
    2 you need a cammand section for the platoons

read the codex and make a new list, and plz remember some heavy bolters they are really good against smurfs.

in general NEW LIST

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    169 (x4)

plasma guns and missile launchers, are my preference, but heavy bolters work well too

...A blog that's mostly about Infinity, but sometimes other stuff too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by [*NoCo*]
    1 you need 2 platoons in the army
    2 you need a cammand section for the platoons

read the codex and make a new list, and plz remember some heavy bolters they are really good against smurfs.

in general NEW LIST
    Remember this is not his list, this is the list of a nine year old playing gaurd.

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

Treadhead with a Chainaxe Kaiser's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    238 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by darkreever
    Remember this is not his list, this is the list of a nine year old playing gaurd.
    Not to mention that *NoCo* himself is also wrong. There are several options to using two infantry platoons such as grenadiers, armoured fists or conscripts.
    #lochat, irc.quakenet.org
    World Eaters, Kaiser Style < Old thread. No ressurecting!
    Late War Schwere Panzerkompanie, Kaiser Style < Don't ressurect this either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darkreever
    Remember this is not his list, this is the list of a nine year old playing guard.
    i know but then it is his responsibility to help his little brother out

Quote Originally Posted by kaiser
    Not to mention that *NoCo* himself is also wrong. There are several options to using two infantry platoons such as grenadiers, armoured fists or conscripts.
    of course but i also told him to read the codex.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast