[2000] Ravenguard - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[2000] Ravenguard

yo guys this is the list wich i just made myself before:

HQ:

Master
    w/ dual lightning claws, jump pack, iron halo, terminator honours, frag grenades
    (166pts)

TROOPS:

6 men tactical squad
    w/ lascannon, plasma gun
    (115pts)

6 men tactical squad
    (same as above)

6 men tactical squad
    (same as above)

6 scouts
    w/ 6 sniper rifles
    (108pts)

ELITES:

Dreadnaught
    w/ CCW, heavy flamer, assault cannon, extra armour, smoke launcher, drop pod
    (153pts)

Dreadnaught
    (same as above)

8 men assault squad
    w/ 2x plasma pistol, vet. sergeant w/ powerfist, all furious charge
    (240pts)

FAST ATTACK:

10 men assault squad
    w/ 2x plasma pistol, vet. sergeant w/ powerfist
    (260pts)

8 men assault squad
    w/ 2x plasma pistol, vet. sergeant w/ powerfist, all meltabomb
    (232pts)

2 landspeeder tornados
    w/ heavy bolter & assault cannon
    (160pts)

HEAVY SUPPORT:

8 devastators
    w/ 4x heavy bolter
    (180pts)

TOTAL= 1997pts

please tell me what you think about it :shifty:

cheers

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    71 (x4)

Looks great. There is 1 or 2 things you could do to make th elist more effective though.

Chaplain instead of master. Chaplains are so good with assault squads its almost a crime not to use them.

Furious assaulting assualt squad should be 10 men. I assume this is where you are attaching your chaplain, it should have as many men as possible because its gonna take a lot of incoming fire. More starting men means more men when you reach the enemy.

Dev squad should be carrying something stronger and with a longer range then HB's. One, you have so many assault squads, anything that a HB is gonna damage, can also be annihilated by your assault squads. Two, your long range firepower is comprised of 3 lascannons. Having somehting else (namely missile launchers) would be a great addition to soften up oposing heavy infantry squads (IE: 3+).

Last but not least, I dont think the scouts are really necessary. Doubly so if you do go with missile launchers.
    Mentor of Space Marine Commanders far and wide.

Efficiency VS Point Cost VS Ease Of Use - Your best bets:

1) Chaplain led Assault squad - 2 plasma pistols, powerfisted sergeant

2) 8 man Devastator squad - 4 missile launchers

3) Land Speeder Tornado - HB + AC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thx for the fast reply^^

even if i attached the chaplain to the furious charge assault squad i couldnt give him furious charge, do i? (although it should still rule in CC)
    well... maximizing the squad makes sense!

but what should i do with my captain shrike miniature then??? i like it :lol:
    should i have 2 HQs? how get the points for a commander then? drop a cybot? :blink:

shrike says: "IM SO COOL "

theres also the point that IMO it seems to be more fluffy to have a calculating commander instead of a berzerker-chaplain gone mad

first i wasnt sure about taking 4 heavy bolters or 4 missile launchers in the devastator squad... i thought my powerfists, melta bombs, and 3 lascannons could do it but if you think i wont be enough then ill change it to ML (im not that experienced)
    and could i leave the melta bombs off when taking a devastator squad with 4 ML?

ill keep the scouts cuz i think they fit really well with ravenguard so one squad at least is a must^^
    Last edited by ROCKYrocks; November 16th, 2005 at 21:51.

Ghost of LO ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    185 (x8)

Do you have a chaplain model? look on the chaplain, what exactly is the rosarious? who knows! my best guess for dark angles (some are different) is, that it is the neclace we wears with the fancy deatail on it. Luckily for you, your model already has an iron Halo, most players will pass this off as good enough to be a chaplain, but if your in a tourney, consider making a neckless from green stuff, and attacking some sort of bit to it, that with the iron halo will leave no doubt that he has a 4+ Inv save. Also you could take weapon from a real chaplain, cut it off, and then file it down, so that it can be glued to the outside of the lightening claw, of the jumppack model, sealing the deal.

The chaplain would also be less points.
    first i wasnt sure about taking 4 heavy bolters or 4 missile launchers in the devastator squad... i thought my powerfists, melta bombs, and 3 lascannons could do it but if you think i wont be enough then ill change it to ML (im not that experienced)
    and could i leave the melta bombs off when taking a devastator squad with 4 ML?
    Well your sorta thinking in resevears. You great at assaulting, so you dont need the heavy bolters, because infantry will be annhilated by the assault squads. Heavy infantry and tanks is where your assault squads will do worse, and should not attack, as Chaos often says, vehicels should be shot at, not assaulted, and heavy infantry is more likely to survive against your mass attacks. Hence the missle luancher is idealy suited for destroying medium-light tanks, and heavy infantry. And the powerfist is also best suited against heavy armour, so it all blanances itself out with the 4ML. Remove all melta bombs from assault troops.

really ditch that scout squad, they wont do much, and for what you could buy with them would be way better. Fill out the rest of your assault squads, with 10 each, and get those MLS.

Your force is mostly fast attack, the skimmers are your scouts, or failing that, its the 40k years in the future, you spotted the enemy by satalite for the Emperors sake.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok i changed it now:

HQ:

Master of sanctity
    w/ bolt pistol, jump pack, terminator honours, frag grenades
    (137pts)

TROOPS:

6 men tactical squad
    w/ lascannon, plasma gun
    (115pts)

6 men tactical squad
    (same as above)

6 men tactical squad
    (same as above)

ELITES:

Dreadnaught
    w/ CCW, heavy flamer, assault cannon, extra armour, smoke launcher, drop pod
    (153pts)

Dreadnaught
    (same as above)

10 men assault squad
    w/ 2x plasma pistol, vet. sergeant w/ powerfist, all furious charge
    (290pts)

FAST ATTACK:

10 men assault squad
    (260pts)

10 men assault squad
    (260pts)

2 landspeeder tornados
    w/ heavy bolter & assault cannon
    (160pts)

HEAVY SUPPORT:

8 devastators
    w/ 4x missile launcher
    (200pts)

TOTAL= 1958pts

is master of sanctity ok or should i rather get reclusiarch?

there are still 42pts left^^ how should i use them?

i hope the list is ok as it is now (well ive just got to use those 42pts that are left)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking like a very nice List now, can tell Chaosbrynn's had His wicked way with It :yes:
    you could look at making the dread/s venerable, dreads with Ven and extra armour are extremely annoying and can last a lot longer than the standard dread.
    The master Is alright If you haven't got anywhere for the points as your paying 15pts for the extra wound LD's useless except for mind wars as he's fearless, maybe adding a thunder hammer or PF Is quite a popular option at the moment, If your stuck for points this gives your character the option of either the PW or PF/TH depending on foe throwing In the adamantine works hand In hand with this option. Again these are just Ideas to use your points up.

Cadian7th
    FLAME ON!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mm ill think about giving the chaplain a powerfist but ive already got a vet sergeant with powerfist, so im not sure wether ill need it...
    but adamantine really seems to be a good option for filling points to me!

you can only have one venerable dread and i think they should get into cc quite fast since they have drop pods
    (maybe im wrong?)

thx for your comments and suggestions
    any other are of course still welcome :sleep:
    Last edited by ROCKYrocks; November 20th, 2005 at 16:42.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

185 (x8)

No powerfists on HQs!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well yea it could be a bit of a waste...

i got 42pts left!

would you rather suggest me to give adamantine to the chaplain or upgrade another assault squad with furious charge?

having my hq instakilled by a powerfist doesn't seem to be fun, so i tend to give adamantine to it

what do you think?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

185 (x8)

Well, if your looking to buff our your HQ, nothing works better then lightening claws, that way he kills so much, it wont matter if their is a powerfist around him. Since youll be hitting and wounding everything on rerolls. But the best thing this list could have, to have 1 anti tank dreadnought. Which would could easily buy, with the 40 points. and still maybe have a little bit more, to spend on your HQ. Peace

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast