1500 pt Scout-Heavy Notable Divergence - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 pt Scout-Heavy Notable Divergence

Alright, I'm basically doing this list as a fun thing to see what I could do when the plastic Scouts arrive, just to see how it could play out in some friendly battles and eventually bringing it into tourney play. (I know it probably won't work but it's for fun like I said.) Gladly will take to comments and criticism but know that I won't be making too many changes because I would like to keep it kind of fluffy. ^_^

So onto the list!
    Advantages: See, But Don't Be Seen/Uphold The Honour Of The Emperor
    Major Drawback: Flesh Over Steel
    HQ
    Master of Sanctity(Crozius Arcanum, Rosarius, bolt pistol, jump pack): 121 pts

Assault Squad(8, 1 Sgt. w/PW): 223 pts

Troops
    2x Tactical Squads(9, Sgt. with Powerfist+Bolt pistol, Sgt. with Stormbolter+Chainsword, 1x Plasma gun each): 370

4x Scout Squads(9, Sgt., all with Bolters, 1 Heavy Bolter each): 580 pts

Heavy Support
    1 Devastator Squad (5 with Bolters, 4 with ML, Sgt. with Bolter): 210 pts

Total: 1504 pts

Comments and suggestions? I'm thinking about adding a Dreadnought in there if I move up the points standings but I'm confident with Infiltrating up the board and laying down a vicious ammout of fire while the Tac squads go on Hunter-Killer patrols. MoS and Assault Squad would go character hunting or try and cut off troops and chop them up.

Last edited by Task_Force_Xerxes; November 17th, 2005 at 05:46.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

terminator honors for the Master of Sanctity... assault squad with plasma pistols...

maybe for your 1st tactical squad, give them inflitrate, and change the plasma gun to a meltagun... for the second one, it seems you plan to do more shooting with those... add a heavy weapon, reduce the squad size...

for the scouts, you might want to mix it up a bit, instead of having a bolters, have some snipers, and scouts with bp and ccw...which helps in close combat... but i dont recommend scouts with bolters...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I was also thinking about just totally removing the Tactical Squads and instead include:

Fast Attack
    Land Speeder Tornado Squad(3 w/AC): 210 pts

Land Speeder Squad(3): 150 pts

And maybe increase the Scouts numbers or add another Assault Squad with a PF Sgt. and 2 plasma pistols(Which I'm leaning heavily towards). I really want this to be a shooty army and I don't mind having the Tau save on Scouts. Maybe if I put another missle launcher in the Devastator Squad I'll be covered if tanks show up. I think this army should be great against Tyranids, IG and Tau hopefully if I add another Assault Squad.

+ Reply to Thread