[1200] Grey Knight Tourney List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    100 (x5)

[1200] Grey Knight Tourney List

Okay, I was told today that there is a 1200 point tourney in melbourne in January, and some guys from our gaming club are going down to it. It's WYSIWYG, and all models must be painted with at least 3 colours. I'll have to get painting, but other than that, here's my list.

Grandmaster: Psycannon = 175
    10x PAGK= 275
    10x PAGK = 275
    GK Dread: AC/DCCW = 110
    GK Dread: AC/DCCW = 110
    Land Raider Crusader= 255

Total= 1200 pts

What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Visitor Q View Post
    By the powers I have just made up I, hereby award you with the Signature
    LO's Offical Uber GM
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverMane View Post
    dr_nick you are LO's GMing god!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Shrubs for the Blood God Undead Bonzi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    207 (x5)

Im not sure on this but I thought a psycannon was a two handed wepon. If you put that on a GM doesn't he lose his NFW?
    The only honorable options left to we combatants is seppuku or semantics...which amount to the same thing really.
    -Undead Bonzi

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Undead Bonzi
    Im not sure on this but I thought a psycannon was a two handed wepon. If you put that on a GM doesn't he lose his NFW?
    Not with terminators, they don't! AND termies can fire heavy weapons while moving, so the psycannon maintains it's 36" range, too!
    Terminators + psycannons kick butt!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

178 (x7)

The Crusader is ballsy in a 1200 pt list. I'm not sure if I would take it. You also only have one Psycannon?

In a small list an Eversor can be really handy as you can usually find a good infiltrating spot, and at 1200 most armies are troop heavy.

What about:
    Grandmaster, Psycannon, 175pts
    3 Terminator Retinue, 138pts

Inquisitor, with Psycannon, 50tps

Eversor Assassin, 95pts

5 Grey Knight PAGK, with two Psycannons. 200pts

PAGK Squad (10) w/Frags 285pts

Dread w/AC, CCW

Dread W/TLLC/ML

The Inquisitor goes with the Psycannon GK squad and acts as a mini-Purgation squad,12 S6 shots. The Termies DS, and the PAGK Squad walks with the AC dread, and the TLLC dreads sits back and shoots from afar?

I realize this is a completely different list, but just an option if you don't want to take a Crusader?

Anyway I hope the Tourney goes well, let us know how it went.
    Last edited by Diggums Hammer; November 19th, 2005 at 19:18.
    "A love for tradition has never weakened a nation, indeed it has strengthened nations in their hour of peril."
    Sir Winston Churchil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

100 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Diggums Hammer
    The Crusader is ballsy in a 1200 pt list. I'm not sure if I would take it.
    That's why I want to take it, it would be a bit of a surprise in 1200. Usually I wouldn't do it, and I don't like taking a LRC in anything under 1500, but I had exactly 255 points to spare, and I was thinking "Hmm.. What can I take with that...Oh yeah!". I want use my LRC a little.

In a small list an Eversor can be really handy as you can usually find a good infiltrating spot, and at 1200 most armies are troop heavy.
    True, I tried it in a 1000 point army though, and the inquisitor and the eversor were both a waste of points. Plus I don't have an eversor or any IQ henchmen.

Anyway I hope the Tourney goes well, let us know how it went.
    Thanks.

More people please comment, I want to know if this will work, I'd like as much (constructive) criticism as possible.
    LO's Offical Uber GM

The Orange Grey Knight MiketehFox's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

196 (x8)

DO it!

Surprises can win battles!

Plus, it's Very Grey Knight-ish!

I like the double helping of Dreads, you opponents will have to choose between the LRC or the Dreads, its quite a delima!<---Bad spelling I know, but too tired to dig out English Binder.

Mike

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

100 (x5)

Come on people, please comment on my list, you can be as harsh as you like, as long as you point out the problem and advise how to fix it.

But, under no circumstances do I want anyone to say 'this list is ****, use this one instead'. That's not advice.

Thanks.
    LO's Offical Uber GM

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

100 (x5)

Sorry for the double post.

I played a game today with this list against Chaos, and won!

He had 2 units of CSM, 2 units of Daemonettes, A sorceror+spawn, Chaos Lord, Rhino, Predator.

In the end I had 2 dreads, 5 PAGK, and My Grandmaster left, and he was completely obliterated.

The LRC performed well, immobising the predator, and killing a unit of daemonettess, but not as well as I would have thought. He took it down by deep-striking his Lord with 4 Chainfist attacks that auto-hit cos I forgot to move my LRC while firing at Daemonettes.

I learned to always move it, even if just a little, so he doesn't auto-hit with anything!
    LO's Offical Uber GM

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't like it. I would have more troops in the form of ISTs. A full squad of GKs is 275 points! That's more than a LR! And there's no anti-tank! I do like the 2 Dreads. I would also have an eversor in there. He infiltrates and on the first turn starts picking on a weak/static part of the enemy army, like a Chaos Havoc squad or something else with heavy weapons.

Keep the LRC. It's gutsy taking it in 1200, but then I have one in 1000 points! Also if you manage to use it right then it'll be your best friend. I would also give it dozer blades and hide it in a forrest so no one can see it and kill it on the first turn with a heavy weapon. Next turn roll it out of the forrest, (using the re-roll of the dozer blades if you roll a 1,) and unload your HQ into the heart of the enemy. It works wonders with my SM army, and the GK HQ all has St6 power weapons at WS5 so it works that much better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

100 (x5)

Well, I played another 2 games with this list on Saturday, and this was the result-

I played Blood Angels, but due to a lucky glancing hit roll, and some tactical stupidity on my part, the LRC blew up in the 1st turn, plugging a gap inbetween a building and the table edge, forcing the rest of my army to move over difficult terrain to get out of there, and then being subsequently shot down by mass heavy weapons fire when running over an area with no terrain.

I admit I screwed up bad with my tactics there, but it had worked before against an Eldar player, but then again, the Eldar didn't have Plasma Cannons!

With the LRC proving itself to be a bit of a points sink IMO in the past 2-3 games I played with it, I played another game aginst Sisters of battle. Learning from my past mistakes, I spread out the line a little bit, with dreads and a unit of PAGK on either end, the LRC in the middle, and the GM on the left flank (where his main troop concentration was). His Seraphim flamed the crap out of an entire unit of PAGK, with me only killing one of them in return, before the dread chased them down and gave them a good *****-slapping (they couldn't penetrate his armour).

The LRC rendered the Exorcist useless, by blowing of it's missile launcher, but was then assaulted and melta bombed to death by the Cannoness. The other unit of PAGK on the left flank was,in fact, obliterated by flamers as their kin did, but the Grandmaster and the Dread slaughtered about 50 sisters without dying.

Unfortunatley, the mission was Recon, and neither of us got anywhere near each others deployment zones with any scoring units. Once again, the LRC served little purpose, and the need for more troops re-surfaced. The tactical stupidity on my part was getting too close to all those flamers, when I could have remained 24" away, and shot them down without them adversely affecting me.

Well, the result of the games I played with this list was. 1 win, 1 loss, and 1 draw. IMO that's one too many losses and draws for my liking if I want this list to do well in a tournament against the best players form all over.

I have designed a new list, which I hope is better than the last-

GM- Psycannon=175
    10xPAGK- Psycannon, Melta bombs(justicar)=305
    10xPAGK-Psycannon, Melta Bombs(justicar)=305
    Gk Dreadnought- AC/DCCW, Extra Armour=115
    Gk Dreadnought- AC/DCCW, Extra Armour=115
    5xSeraphim- 2x Inferno Pistols, Sister Superior(Inferno Pistol), Melta Bombs= 185

Total= 1200 points.

What do you guys think of my new list?
    LO's Offical Uber GM

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast