1500 Point Friendly Army w/ Grey Knights - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 Point Friendly Army w/ Grey Knights

Now, as much as I hate it when people do it, Ill appreciate all comments, but I probably wont change the list all the much, for the simple facts that my army is not meant to have tactical squads, it must have the Crusader and it must have the grey knights. This is to follow the fluff of the army.

Im posting here so that I can have help working out where my troubles will be. ie. which armys I will have great difficulty against, and how I can use what I have here to counter them.

So, if you could comment on both improvements and where you think I will have troubles, that would be appreciated.

1496 Points

HQ

Master Commander – 161 Points
    Jump pack, Master Crafted Power Sword, Combat Shield, Close Combat Weapon, Artificer Armour

Elites

Grey Knight Terminator Squad – 372

Brother Captain and 6 GreyKnight Terminators, Incinerator, Holocaust

Troops

Scout Squad - 100
    Scout Sergeant, 5 Space Marine Scouts, Krak Grenades, Missile Launcher

Scout Squad - 100
    Scout Sergeant, 5 Space Marine Scouts, Krak Grenades, Missile Launcher

Fast Attack

Assault Squad – 140
    Space Marine Sergeant and Power Sword, 4 Space Marines, Metlabombs, Plasma Pistol

Land Speader Squadron – 70

Land Speeder Typhoon with Heavy Bolter and Typhoon Missile Launcher

Heavy Support

Landraider Crusader - 268

Smoke Launchers

Predator Annihilator – 160

Lascannon Sponsons
    Hunter Killer Missile

Predator Destructor – 125

Heavy Bolter Sponsons
    Hunter Killer Missile

Working on Eldar and Daemonhunters... for a change.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you have too many terminators... decrease the size to about 5... might want to drop holocaust too... you have too many tanks... i would say drop the land raider, but if u are using it for transport, drop some other tank... increase your assault squad size to a full 10 men squad... i presume that your master would be going with your assault squad... get a chaplain instead... they come with a power weapon and a 4+ inv sv plus other cool stuff that helps in cc... drop the kraks grenades of your scouts...

you might have trouble with any army that is either horde like orcs... or army with a lot of anti tank like IG...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah get a Chaplain for the Assault squad, he's huch better in 4th Ed.
    Drop HK missiles on Preds, they're too expensive. Use the pts to get more bodies. You might even wanna consider dropping one Pred for a big Tac squad. Too few bodies in the list as it is.
    Krak grenades are pointless because 1.Scouts move too slowly to make good use of them and 2.They suck. Str6 attacks may sound cool, but factor in you dont hit with all that many attacks if the enemy vehicle moves...
    You might actually consider using Tac marines instead of scouts, they're way more survivable...too many darned ap4 weps out there.
    I find your crusader and the termies a bit too much of a points sink. Drop the Incinerator, it's not much use. (U've read Chaosbrynn's flamer tactica right?) Better a Psycannon or nothing at all. Storm bolters are scary enough.

Ghost of LO ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    185 (x8)

Did you want this list to win at all? or just be fluffy?

+ Reply to Thread