SpaceMarines(750) Help Me =) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SpaceMarines(750) Help Me =)

Ok I Havent Bought My Army Yet But I Want To Know What I Should Get First Befor going and spending 500$ so plz tell me what i should equip them with and if i should change any thing i want to be able to kill dark elders and orks and im trying to aim for under 1000 if possible of 1500 is still fine but over 1500 my friends armys would be like 200 pts to small to play agenst in ternoments

Hq
    Chaplain(1)
    SpaceMarine Command Squad(5)

Elite
    SpaceMarine Dreadnought(1)
    SpaceMarine Terminator Squad(5)

Fast Attack
    SpaceMarine Bikes(4)
    SpaceMarine Assault Squad(5)
    SpaceMariner Land Speeder Typhoon(1)

Troops
    SpaceMarine Tactical Squad(10)
    SpaceMarine Rhino(1)
    SpaceMarine Razorback(1)

Heavy Support
    Devestator Squad(5)

Thats What i Want to get What do u think?
    This Will Also Be my 1st Army ever so if u think i should go more basic just say so

Last edited by SpaceMarines31stPlatoon; November 21st, 2005 at 05:58.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Ghost of LO ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    185 (x8)

Hq
    Chaplain(1)
    Cant go wrong with this, try buying one with a jump pack if you can find one, that or you might have to steal one from an assault marine, if your looking at a 1000 point game, you cannot beat a chaplain with 10 man assault squad.

SpaceMarine Command Squad(5)
    Um, id mostly stay away from this. One nice thing about it, is that it gives you power fists, and weapons, but in the new rules, you pretty much only need fists, for your sargents.

Fast Attack
    SpaceMarine Bikes(4)
    Probably need a 1500 list to field bikes, at least in my experance, unless your an expert bike user or something.
    SpaceMarine Assault Squad(5)
    get 10. other wise perfect, give 2 in total plasma pistols. 1 sgt with powerfist and your set.

SpaceMariner Land Speeder Typhoon(1)
    Drop this, and instead pick up a tornado, or 2.

SpaceMarine Tactical Squad(10)
    What kind of army do you want? consider picking up a set of BT tactical marines, and Spacewolf tactical marines. You should have at least 20 marines, so either way, pick up 2 boxes, that way youll have special weapons already including in the box, plus some powerfists for sargents. And a bunch of other things to model on your marines. Unless your playing strick ultra marines.

SpaceMarine Rhino(1)
    Well, these can be ok.. but a lot of people dont like them, id say use a proxy model first, see if you like how they play, then dicide once you get a few games under your belt, also compare it to how a drop pod proforms.

SpaceMarine Razorback(1)
    Dont ever buy these.

Heavy Support
    Devestator Squad(5)
    Alright, but becareful, you might not get what you want, the only good devistaors are 8 man, with ML 4 bolters.

Good hunting.
    Questions about drop pods? Click Here.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Death From Above!
    Need help with your HQ? Click Here.

Wolf Scout Meltagunner Wulfbanes's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    49 (x2)

Forged in the Furnace of war said almost all.
    some things though.
    Typhoons are bad, it's way better to go with tornado or multi-melta landspeeder, only use Typhoons as assistence when you have loads of the other two types.
    Rhino's are ok in my opinion, but their uses are very limited nowadays, proxy it first like FITFOW said, and if you like it, buy one.
    Razorbacks have their uses, but overall it's better to just get five man with a heavy weapon for same point cost.
    The Devastator box is a great thing, however, do consider bying more of them, so you have at least 8 heavy weapons, to put in your tactical squads or Devastator Squads. For the best bargain buy the space wolves long fangs box, it has a lot of accesories next to the 4 heavy weapons in the box. It has powerfists and stuff in for your commanders, so that might be handy. Note you don't get missile launchers in the box but all the other heavy weapons are in there.

Hope that helps a little;
    and and since FITFOW forgot these two:
    Dreadnought.
    yeedha! nice thing, I never leave home without them. There are many efficient ways to equip these chaps, but the best two configurations are:
    1. Assault Cannon, Dreadnought Close Combat Weapon, Extra Armour and a Drop Pod (venerable) (furious Charge)
    2. TL Lascannon, Missile Launcher, Extra Armour (venerable) (tank Hunters)

and the termies, easy to go wrong with.
    Most point/efficient (what is important for Termies)
    is to equip them with 2 assault cannons and a drop pod.
    go killy when they land
    Getting Help = Giving Rep

Space Wolves 5th edition:
    W13, L2, D2

Ghost of LO ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    185 (x8)

well ok, but leave the teminators out of a 750 list, and the dreanought would be awful hard to fit in their.
    Questions about drop pods? Click Here.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Death From Above!
    Need help with your HQ? Click Here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok thx that all i needed to know

Closed Thread