[1000] BTs, Friendly Enough - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x2)

[1000] BTs, Friendly Enough

Alright, I've come up with lists for 1000, 1500, and 2000 points that I'm fairly happy with. Nobody seems to have had any really strong objections to my 1500 list, so I imagine these should be reasonably solid. If you see any glaring problems, please let me know. My main concerns are with armor. I still have a hard time judging if I have enough anti-armor weaponry and if I'm fielding sufficient armor of my own to have it survive very long.

Even if you aren't familiar with the BT list, feel free to share any constructive criticism on this part. I imagine it should be fairly uniform for most SM lists, except for our lack of Whirlwinds and Devastator squads.

I'm not sure what the best way to post multiple lists at once is, so I'm just going to post them one at a time and spread them out over a few days.

So, without further ado (although I am very fond of my ado...)

The List What Shall Shrike Into the Hearts of the Enemies of the Emperor Great Terror, Fear, and Thoughts of Bunny Rabbits:

998 pts

HQ

100 pts
    Emperor's Champion, Have Faith in the Emperor (no cover, 6+ invulnerable always, immune to pinning)

134 pts
    Marshall (Master Commander) Bolt Pistol, Power Weapon, Terminator Honors, Frag Grenades, Combat Shield, Melta Bombs, Auspex

TROOP

95 pts
    5x Initiates, 1 Lascannon, 4x Bolters

95 pts

207 pts
    7x Initiates, 7x Neophytes, 1 Powerfist & Bolt Pistol, 1 Meltagun, 12x BP & CCW

207 pts
    7x Initiates, 7x Neophytes, 1 Powerfist & Bolt Pistol, 1 Meltagun, 12x BP & CCW

FAST ATTACK

80 pts
    Land Speeder Tornado HB, AC

80 pts

Last edited by Bob Dole; November 22nd, 2005 at 04:06.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x4)

Looks good to me, you just need some drop pods.

I don't understand the "thoughts on bunny rabbits" thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x2)

In the grim darkness of the future, where there is only war (no range finders, only war), I can't think of anything that would be more frightening than a fluffy white bunny hopping across the field of battle.

... it's in the Astronomincon, honest. Trust me. 'And lo, there befell upon the quivering masses an ominious hush. Then a gush of air blew the ash from a bright orange carrot. The fluffy white menance was sated.'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x2)

Oh, and on a serious note, I'm not entirely sure I can use drop pods with Neophytes (Scouts). I could ditch the neophytes entirely and run 2 squads of 10 CC-equipped Initiates (Space Marines) however. I'll think about it. Thanks.

--
    Okay, I thought about it. I need at least one squad marching up the field to cover my Champion, otherwise he's going to get blasted to bits.
    Last edited by Bob Dole; November 22nd, 2005 at 04:19.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know much about BT armies but id suggest dropping the marshell if you can and taking a dreadnought for some firesupport, otherwise it looks great
    For The Emperor
    And Lion El Johnson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dark_Angel, Dreadnoughts are good but in the case of the BT he can't crop his marshal. I think that you might want to reduce the squad size of one of the CC squads so the marshal and champion can join them and fit into a drop pod. After all, if they walk up the field, they won't get into CC till at least turn 3. That's quite a bit of shooting to withstand, not even power armour is invincible dude.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x2)

Unless I've horribly misread the codex (wouldn't be the first time) my Champion isn't able to join units or take a transport. Even if I could, I'd need to do it during the game, which is too late to load him up into a drop pod. I could solve the similar problem with my Marshall if I took a command squad instead of a crusader squad. The only problem with that he won't boost my army's leadership until he hits the table. Which means my first few turns are going to be very heavily dependant on luck. I'd hate to have one of my squads pushed off the table after failing two morale saves, which isn't -that- unlikely. I am starting to work on ways to get these guys up into CC faster though. The Champion just mucks things up a lot at low points I think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x2)

Okay, so I tweaked it around a bit to get one of my CC squads up close and personal early in the game. Unless my opponent runs away and shoots at the same time, I should be in close combat on turn 2 (turn 1 if things work my way.) No more Neophytes, which kindof makes me sad since we get them fairly cheap, but I don't have enough points to play with to really get a lot more bodies by using them. I want to keep my second squad foot slogging so that my Champion doesn't have to march up the field all on his lonesome. It's a little light on the shooting, but every unit has at least a shot at denting AV12... so unless I'm looking at a heavily mechanized list I'm hoping to be fine.

The 365 points on my command squad makes me wonder if it's too expensive. The other option is to simply make the squad a veteran squad with infiltrate, and then have the Marshall footslog it up with the second group of marines. The only time that I can think of that it would be better to split them up would be against Alaitoc as it would force my opponent to make -two- units start in reserves instead of just one.

Honestly, at 1000 points I'm almost tempted to just play these guys as codex marines with Take the Fight to Them to keep it reasonably fluffy. It's not a bad exercise to make a solid 1000 point list though.

1000 pts

HQ

100 pts
    Emperor's Champion, Have Faith in the Emperor (no cover, 6+ invulnerable always, immune to pinning)

365 pts
    Command Squad (with Infiltrate)

-Marshall (Master Commander) Bolt Pistol, Power Weapon, Terminator Honors, Iron Halo, Frag Grenades

-10x Initiates, 1 Powerfist & Bolt Pistol, 1 Meltagun, 8x BP & CCW, Frag Grenades

TROOP

95 pts

95 pts

185 pts
    10x Initiates, 1 Powerfist & Bolt Pistol, 1 Meltagun, 8x BP & CCW

FAST ATTACK

80 pts

80 pts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doesn´t the emperors champion have an iron halo? Thought u can only have one.
    Don´t play with fire, play with Bolters

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x2)

They changed the equipment on him a bit. He now has the Armor of Faith, which is essentially a set of artificier armor with an Iron Halo. However, it is -not- an Iron Halo.

+ Reply to Thread