[1500 pt] Witch hunters <new to them> - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Dallas, Texas
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

172 (x7)

[1500 pt] Witch hunters <new to them>

Ok well, I have decided to start up a witch hunters list because I really like the look and feel of the army. I've spent awhile on trying to create a viable yet fluffy list to play with

For the most part it has been pretty friggin hard since i like just about every unit in the army book.

Anyways here is the list that is in progress right now.

Canoness: 155pts
    --Blessed Weapon
    --Plasma Pistol
    --Cloak of St. Aspira
    --Jump Pack

Priest: 65pts

Inquisitor: 165pts
    --Power Weapon
    --Bolt Pistol
    --3x Crusaders
    --2x Chirurgeons
    --1x Familiar

9x Celestians: 222pts
    --2x Flamers
    --VSS w/ Eviscerator
    Rhino Transport:
    --Extra Armor
    --Smoke Launchers

10x Battle Sisters: 134pts
    --2x Storm Bolters

10x Battle Sisters: 144pts
    --2x Melta Guns

10x Inquisitorial Stormtroopers: 120pts
    2x Plasma Guns

8x Dominions: 235pts
    --4x Melta Guns
    --VSS w/ Combi-melta
    Rhino Transport:
    --Extra Armor
    --Smoke Launchers

Exorcist: 140pts
    --Extra Armor

Army Cost: 1,380pts
    Models: 66
    Tanks/Transports: 3
    Faith: 7-8

So there you have it, I have a couple questions on what I should do to finish this list though.

1) First and foremost, I have 120 pts left to spend. I was thinking about freeing up enough points for an additional Exorcist. What do you think?
    2) The reason I have the faith points set at 7-8 is because I'm not sure if the VSS in the Celestian Squad adds another Faith point on top of the squad already being faithfull. I would appreciate anyone helping me with this question.
    3) With regards to the inquisitor, I am not sure if I should keep him as a counter assault, refurbish him and his squad for ranged combat, or drop him altogether.
    4) If I drop the Inquisitor, should I also drop the IST's?
    5) I am also thinking of getting either a temple assasin (Calidus, Eversor, etc.) or maybe getting some Death Cultists. What has everyone experiences been with these units?
    6) Any other critiques or suggestions are more than welcome.

I want the Inquisitor because I really like the model for the WH inquisitors and I wanted to maintain a Witch Hunter army and not just a Sisters of Battle army. That is also the reason for the squad of IST's. I have them in there because fluff-wise, they would be sort of like the inquisitors personal taskforce.

Unfortunalty I havent really found the room to add in arco-flaggelants (spelling?) or Sisters Repentia like I really wanted to. If anyone has any suggestions regarding this I would appreciate any insight.

Thank you for your time.

Last edited by Phaeron Typhoon; November 22nd, 2005 at 06:42.
    "I am the architect of fate!"

+ Reply to Thread