Librarium Online Forums banner

[2000] cc traits SM

453 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar 
#1 · (Edited)
Trying to follow the LO tacticas and make the most of the traits system. any input welcomed

Bruinor Chapter
Traits: Take the fight to them (ccw/bp on tac squads), Cleanse and purify (extra assault wep on tac squads).
Disadvantages: Eye to eye, We stand alone

392 Cookie-cutter reclusiarch plus assault squad
EDIT:
Reclusiarch with Jump pack, T honours, bp, and frag grenades.
10man Assault squad 2plasma pistols, and vet serg with a pf.

245 10man cc tac squad - vet sarg w/power fist, 2 meltaguns, drop pod
245 same thing

100 5man shooty tac squad - LC, plasma gun
100 same thing

120 6man shooty tac squad - PC, plasma gun
120 same thing

230 10man Dev squad - 4 missle launchers
230 8man dev squad - 4 missle launchers
210 10man dev squad - 4 HB

See less See more
#2 ·
friendlyfire515 said:
392 Cookie-cutter reclusiarch plus assault squad
The title is unneccessary, just show what is in the squad! (Or just say that it conforms to Chaosbyrnn's sig).

245 same thing
Honestly, Cleanse and purify isn't worth it, just have 1 meltagun per squad.

100 5man shooty tac squad - LC, plasma gun
100 same thing
Add an extra guy to each of these, you should have 4 meat marines per shooty squad.

120 6man shooty tac squad - PC, plasma gun
120 same thing
Much better.

230 10man Dev squad - 4 missle launchers
Drop em to 8 men.

230 8man dev squad - 4 missle launchers
This costs 200 pts

210 10man dev squad - 4 HB
This ususally won't be perceived as much of a threat, no need for all the extra marines.

#3 ·
One point I wanna make is that your army seems to be geared towards standing and shooting, hence all those Devs. If you intend to play that way, IMO those pod squads could be better taken as more stand and shoot squads, as it is, they'll be dropped in without support and can be easily annihilated. IMO gear one drop squad to be shooty and replace the other with an another assault squad for more countercharge ability.

#4 ·
If you want to play a s&s army, drop traits, and give plasma cannons to those tactical squads, and split them up into squads 5, each with a plasma cannon, ergo you'll have 6 troops, which is cool. 4 of em have plasma cannons. this way you can really scare your oppponents (4 plas over 4 squads, ergo they arent too happy, because unlike shooting into your devs, he'll only get 1 down.)

#5 ·
Honestly, i like it and think it could be a very effective list against the folloing armies SM/CSM, tank heavy armies, and armies that get the crap shot out of them from bolters. Other than that you are going to have some problems from a cunning commander. Such as an anti marine starcannon army. I would add another squad and a dread to be droped with the first (make it fit). Good list I like

#6 ·
Ahh, here in lies the problem, Eye to Eye, and your geard for Close combat, yet you dont have a singel tank or terminators/dread squad, so ditch eye to eye, and take either, probably aspire to glory, since it sounds cool. Now, your trying to pick up lots of fire power, to support your drop pods, this is good, but 1 8 man 4 mL squad is enough, for a scare to the enemy. This squad shows him that he cant be careless. What you know what is 2 to 3 landspeeder tornados, HB + Assault cannon. I have 2 in my drop pod army, but would like a 3rd.

Cleanse and purify has its uses i think, i personally love it. Id suggest you ditch your shootying tactical squads, and instead take:

1 8 man tactical squad 2 with plsama guns, rest with bolters, (dont totaly ditch fire support) drop pod

And other squad of the drop podders you already mentioned, which are 10 points less, unless you gave them all frag grenades.

If you have left over points, take more skimmers, maybe one more drop pod squad would be nice, also drop podding dreadnought freak people out, they do really stupid things when they know you have one comming in, consider taking it for the pure look on there face. Peace

Peace.

#7 ·
It sounds like the consensus is to focus more on s&s or cc. I'd like an army that is somewhere inbetween, or leaning towards cc. I really like my traits.

We rarely play simple meatgrinder missions, there are usually objectives to take. Also, about 70% of my opponents are SM. I could replace static s&s elements with more maneuverable fire support units, and focus on more deepstrikers:

420 Epistolary w/T armor, storm bolter, Fear of the Darkness,
might of heroes, familiar, and furious charge.
with 4man termie command squad, 2xAss cannon, furious charge, drop pod

140 Dread w/Assault cannon, sb, EA, drop pod
140 same

245 same thing
245 same thing

195 3man attack bike squad, 3MM's

260 10man Dev squad - 4 missle launchers, drop pod
240 10man Dev squad - 4 HB, drop pod
85 Whirlwind

Now almost everthing deepstrikes, including the HQ(chaosbrin's other suggested HQ). I can still carry out short range fire fights using melta weapons, assault cannons, and the devs. Better?

#8 ·
Are you aware that he play ravenwing with 9 landspeeders and a landspeeder HQ? perhaps you should pick some up instead of the heavy bolter devistator squad, which against space marines wont earn its points, nor will a whirlwind, maybe the WW, but only because it costs so little, but still not very effective.

195 3man attack bike squad, 3MM's
Ditch this, they arent point effective, they are overkill to any single tank, and you already have 6 melta guns dop podding. I play a similar army, trust me, you wont have any shortage of anti tank, infact the games you win, will probably because the other guy had a land raider, that you annihlated, and the troops inside where pinned, so you assaulted them, and killed a 500 points squad in one nice little boundel.

Your best fast attack choice of landspeeder tornados. Assault squads, and normal bike squad.

Whats holding this army back the most is the terminators, with librarian HQ. The best choices is a chaplain led assault squad, but if you insist on having the termiantors and lib, thats ok two i guess.

260 10man Dev squad - 4 missle launchers, drop pod
240 10man Dev squad - 4 HB, drop pod
Get them off drop pods and on the ground, if you do one things, out of this post, ditch both these drop pods.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.