dark angels 1500 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Senior Member Librarian Augustine's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x2)

dark angels 1500

I may use this in a tournament of some sort so help tomake it more effective is super!
    anyways here it is

Epistolary - 195
    Bolt Pistol
    Terminator Honours
    Veil of Time
    FoTD
    Familiar
    Furious charge
    frag grenades
    Iron Halo

9 man command squad - 248
    Comapny Champion
    veteran sergeant
    powerfist
    bolt pistol
    bolt pistols and chainswords
    Furious charge
    frag grenades
    meltagun
    drop pod

this is the main combat squad so its not 10 man blah. It will drop pod in to support the bikes and in key areas perhaps to take a table quarter objective

TROOPS

6 man tactical squad - 120
    Plasma cannon
    Plasma gun

Plasma cannon
    Plasma gun

Plasma cannon
    Plasma gun

These guys will be moving a lot in the early going, attempting to get a good postition from where they can fire on people who may be trying to take objectives. They are 7 man in case they can help to take objectives in emergency

FAST ATTACK

5 Ravenwing bikes - 251
    veteran sergeant
    powerfist
    bolt pistol
    2 meltagun

5 Ravenwing bikes - 251
    veteran sergeant
    powerfist
    bolt pistol
    2 meltagun

My every purpose squads. They will speed towaward the enemy on the same flank in order to pop some tanks and assault any non assault dedicated squads

HEAVY SUPPORT

7 man Devastators Squad - 185
    4 missile launchers

these guys will hunt a tank or two and attack dangerous close combat squads when they can. thanks to intractable they should be close to the board edge and maintain a high rate of fire.

so my list has 2 go get'em units 4 stand and shoot them units and one that can do whatever it wants. I think the list will do good looking at it thus far. what are your opinions? also any tips on missile launchers, they are ugly and I want them to look good
    thanks

Last edited by Librarian Augustine; December 3rd, 2005 at 01:24.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Ghost of LO ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    185 (x8)

Well you asked for it.

Epistolary - 170
    Bolt Pistol
    Terminator Honours
    Veil of Time
    FoTD
    Familiar
    Furious charge
    frag grenades
    Combat shield, or Iron halo. If to took an Iron halo, you could also take might of heros for the same point cost. More attacks is better then rerolls, because of furious charge. And veil of time is quit explensive. Might of heros also lets you pump up a powerfist with many attacks, should you run into some multi wound creaters or something like that. The main reason for might of heros is its half as expensive, and pretty desent effects.

8 man command squad - 223
    Comapny Champion
    veteran sergeant
    powerfist
    bolt pistol
    bolt pistols and chainswords
    Furious charge
    frag grenades
    drop pod

this is the main combat squad so its not 10 man blah. It will drop pod in to support the bikes and in key areas perhaps to take a table quarter objective
    This is infact your main combat squad, weather you want it to be or not. The enemy will think it is, and treat it as such. Which means they will be taking brutal firepower and be going up against their best assualt units. THis squad must take a melta gun. It is far to dangerus for them to not be armed with one. It should be 9 man, so simply add a melta gun.

7 man tactical squad - 135
    Plasma cannon
    Plasma gun

Plasma cannon
    Plasma gun

Plasma cannon
    Plasma gun
    These are far to slow to take any objectives, any turns they are moving they are hurting you. If you feel you need something to take table ojbectives, take another mobile unit, these must be minmaxed. 6 man, with current weapon. 45 points will be used to greater effect elsewear.

5 Ravenwing bikes - 251
    veteran sergeant
    powerfist
    bolt pistol
    2 meltagun

5 Ravenwing bikes - 251
    veteran sergeant
    powerfist
    bolt pistol
    2 meltagun
    These are difficult units to play with. However they can be increadably good.

7 man Devastators Squad - 185
    4 missile launchers
    First thing that 45 points goes to is to make this squad 8 man.

Basically you have 2 armies, the bikes + drop pod and everything else.
    I think an assault squad would help blend the armies back together. They could run up along side the bikes for a while. Then lead the main fruntial assault. They would need a chaplain though. So youd have to lose your librarain, they would probably be far more effective however. Or if you insist upon taking the librarain, give him terminator armour, and a termintor command squad. This forms a nice bridge between the shooty aspects of the list, and the bikes. Against assault heavy forces the bikes can go on specialed missions, while the terminators hold the lines of troops, ensuring that the enemy cant get to you for assasult.
    Questions about drop pods? Click Here.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Death From Above!
    Need help with your HQ? Click Here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x2)

okay i will give the command squad its meltagun, but I don't think that I will take might of heros as fear of darkness and veil of time seem better to me. Also the librarian doesn't need an invulnerable save as he is in a command squad where he can never be singled out so it seems pointless to me. Okay I will drop to make smaller tactical squads. and add a man to the devastators i edit as that isn't major change

Oh and about might of heros being cheaper, depending on what order you give the librarian his powers you can save yourself a lot of points

Ghost of LO ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    185 (x8)

okay i will give the command squad its meltagun, but I don't think that I will take might of heros as fear of darkness and veil of time seem better to me. Also the librarian doesn't need an invulnerable save as he is in a command squad where he can never be singled out so it seems pointless to me.
    WHAT? incorrect, you may still single a charactor out of a command squad. That is what so many people where upset about, when 4th edition came out, and why you Must always have an INVerable save of somekind. Your also better off still taking fear of the darkness. Might of heros is worthless since you cant cast it + viel of time in the same assault phase. The problem with veil of time is its 30 points.

Good hunting
    Last edited by ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar; December 3rd, 2005 at 01:10.
    Questions about drop pods? Click Here.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Death From Above!
    Need help with your HQ? Click Here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x2)

oh fine i'll post revised in a sec

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The comand squad isnt going to get completely shot up, unless you pod them right in the middle of the enemys fire power. The plasma squads will do well aginst almost every thing, excep high armour. I'd drop one of the bike squads for some LST's but thats my opinion.

suonds like a decent list
    One Shot, One Kill

+ Reply to Thread