Deamonhunter 1k - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Deamonhunter 1k

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Deamonhunter 1k

Ok so as my Army nears completeion I already have my first Battle with it comming up Vs. a CC Ork army and in the distant future.... like 2 months or so(waiting for people to get their armies together) my army will be facing the Tau and a Tyranid Hive called the something or other.
    Keep in mind that all models I mention are all the models I have other then 2 GKT 1w/a Psycannon and a Inquisitor.

HQ:
    BC
    4 GKT

Troops:
    Justicar
    GKx4
    Psicannon
    175 X 2

FA:
    Justicar w/meltabombs
    GKx8
    2 incinerators

HS:
    GK Dreadnought
    Assault Cannon
    Psycannon bolts

So the basic plan is have the troops and the Dreadnought start on the ground and deepstrike the HQ and the GK fast attack. Also I decided to go with the Psycannon bolts with the dread just to make sure No boby gets a armor save.... well fewer bad guys anyhow. They may and may not have vehicals, but as of now no one has any big tanks that they shared with the others of us.

your opinions or anything I can do to tweek this out a bit would be great.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The difficulty with Grey Knight lists is that they tend to have little to no anti-tank ability, and this is one such list. The only AT weapons you have are the Assault Cannon (which, while effective, is often just too short-ranged) and a Justicar with Meltabombs (and vehicles are often hard to catch on foot, especially in 4th ed where they can move and fire more weapons). There aren't as many vehicles in 1000 points as in bigger games, so that works to your advantage, but I'd try out the Lascannon/missile launcher Dreadnought, for more ranged ability.

Also, since your army is still developing, I would suggest a squad of Inquisitorial Storm Troopers in a transport vehicle for your next investment. They can take a wider range of special weapons with more distinct functions: flamers for swarm clearing (especially against Orks and Tyranids), meltas for tank-hunting, and plasma guns for dealing with 2+ saves (Tau broadsides, Ork Mega Armour, Terminators, Carnifexes, Hive Tyrants....)
    "HQ, my LOS is blocked by a soda bottle. I'm moving to unmask my guns."
    "Negative! The soda bottle is the Carnifex!"
    "Dang proxy models!"
    -Cmdr. Kren, www.tsoalr.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well a big problem there is that you only have one troop choice. You might want to change that fast attack to another troop choice.

Or as Solexus said, go with some ISTS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by IbramGaunt
    Well a big problem there is that you only have one troop choice. You might want to change that fast attack to another troop choice.

Or as Solexus said, go with some ISTS.
    I think he has 2 troop choices, it says 175 X 2, although I could be wrong....
    One Shot, One Kill

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I muyself am a little bit worried about having two incinerators in the FAGK. If you by some conspiracy of fate should land off target, that could be a big waste, I think i would gamble with one, especially since you are only going to get a few models under the template unless you are right next to them, the storm bolter may suffice adn then you will tear them up in CC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yup as far as troops i meant 175 x 2 as in 2 sets.

as for the 2 incinerators .. thats cuz those are the models I have to work with. i figured that if i can deepstrike right there i could make the most of them that way rather then have my normal troops march up the field with them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    178 (x7)

I would drop the Incineraters once you have more models. I like my FAGK with one Psycannon or no special weapons at all. Use the points for a TLLC Dread and ML, and keep it back and use just for Tanks and MCs. For sure drop the Psycannon bolts, those are a complete waste vs Orks.

Other than that, not a bad list.:yes:
    "A love for tradition has never weakened a nation, indeed it has strengthened nations in their hour of peril."
    Sir Winston Churchil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont think Psycannons are worth it on PAGK, maybe FAGK . .
    I dont like Psycannons ,because you get a free power weapon with the Justicar which has one more attack than a Grey Knight Terminator Thats why you shouldnt just sitback and shoot, and if you get close it'll take an extra turn for the psycannon to catch up with the bolter shots. For the cost of 2 Grey Knights you can have a Psycannon GK:
    2 GK-2 wounds
    2-Gk-4 Shots
    1PGK-3 Shots
    2 GK-4 NFW attacks
    1PGK-2 SMish attacks
    1PGK-Ablitity to punch through carapace armor/destroy most demons with ease . .expensive

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

Mostly, I agree.
    Though I've found that, if you can afford it, psyconnons on Terminators kick butt. Especially 'cause you don't sacrifice any abilities or weapons when you do so. Always being able to shoot at the full 36" range doesn't hurt, either.
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

+ Reply to Thread