2000p Blood Angels list (advice plz?) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000p Blood Angels list (advice plz?)

I'm going to start a Blood Angels Space Marines army. I am new to 40k and I was wondering if you could give me some advice on my army (Beware: my brothers are starting tyranids and necrons)

29 Marines w/ 3 Veteran Sergeant upgrades (for better death company): 480p

20 Assault Marines w/ 2 Veteran Sergeant upgrades (for better death company): 470p

1 Annihilator w/ lasconnon side sponsons (for anti tank): 145p

1 Land Raider Crusader: 265p

7 Assault Terminators: 280p

1 Sanguinary High Priest w/ terminator armor and lightning claws: 130p

1 Chaplain w/ Jetpack: 225p

TOTAL VALUE: 1995p

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Ghost of LO ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    185 (x8)

Seems desent, although blood angles shouldnt take to many terminators. Also, nids will rip those termies apart. However agaisnt necros they might be nice. Are you only playing your brothers? If not, you need more and better anti tank. Generally you should be making 5 man tactical squads, 1 who holds lascannon, all ovethers bolters. Fielding about 4 of theses, help a lot with death company and gives you good anti tank. Peace
    Questions about drop pods? Click Here.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Death From Above!
    Need help with your HQ? Click Here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar
    Seems desent, although blood angles shouldnt take to many terminators. Also, nids will rip those termies apart. However agaisnt necros they might be nice. Are you only playing your brothers? If not, you need more and better anti tank. Generally you should be making 5 man tactical squads, 1 who holds lascannon, all ovethers bolters. Fielding about 4 of theses, help a lot with death company and gives you good anti tank. Peace

yep... the cheese tactic of BA... give yourself as many DC as you can and let their ny-invulerability fight your battles for you...

my suggestion,
    don't play BA... they basically play themselves, which quickly saps all the fun out of the game... (the only army i've seen that plays itself more is Khornites, which are basically half-breed orc/BAs...)

if you must...
    then yeah, your current setup could work...
    just avoid the weenie horde turned death company tactic and you'll have a challenging game.
    Pictures of the Smigs Army for your amusement....
    http://photobucket.com/albums/b390/Holy_Smigs/

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

"Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women"

"JESUS SAVES! the rest of your models each take a wound."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

OK so this is against nids and necrons?

lets ee if we can firstly make it a bit more legible:

HQ:
    Chaplain, jump pack 225 points (presumably a master of Sanctity)

- no, needs a bolt pistol and teminator honours too, take a reclusiarch and you are at 232 points

SHP - Terminator armour and twin LCs (130 points)
    (presumably goes with the assault termies in the LRC)
    Dont like, you are investing 675 points in a single mini that could die horribly, watch: heavy destroyer - bop - tank blown - lith gause flux arc - bop everyone dead. now admittedly this is worse case but termie assault squads are just too slow, not to mention the expense when they join DC

Elites:
    7 assault termies 280 points
    dont like - way too expensive, particularly when they slip off to DC

Troops:
    9 marines + VS (165 points)
    9 marines + VS (165 points)
    8 marines + VS (150 points)

- absolutely not - learn how to use your troops effectively, for BA this is even more of a dilema than normal marines, either puit smaller squads on with heavy weapons for fire support , or larger squads for assault (and equip accordingly), stop dreaming that DC are the best assault unit - thhey are not, wraiths, pariahs, stealers,etc all these are better. Dc are only really effective if you can use them as part of an army,

FA
    9 assault marines + vet sgt
    9 assault marines + vet sgt
    Again learn how to use these guys, give the squads plasma pistols, give the vet sgts at least power weapons, on average one of the 2 will join DC but you havent lost anything on him

HS
    LRC-
    as above

Annih - much prefer baal class

Overall

your list is pretty weak, if you must keep the termies, fine, but work on your assault and tac marines, you can get much better from them.

Personnaly, I would ditch the termies, give the SHP a jump pack and a combat shield and let him hand with one of the asault squads, then heavily reorganise your troops and switch your remaining tank for a baal class and may even throw in a whirlwind for bug clearance

You can get 2 sorts of advice on how to use BA - the classic streiotype min/max I would recomend talking to ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar about (clearly he gave up above as your list is nothing like) some of the less common approaches I can give you, may be worth picking up Zora's balde too, Jenn is pretty good at spotting holes
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Guys For The Help

Thank you for the help guys. Here is my revised list (maybe some more tips?):

HQ:
    Chaplain w/ jetpack, terminator honours and bolt pistol: (256 points)
    SHP w/ jetpack, terminator honours, combat shield and power weapon: (135 points)

TROOPS:
    9 Marines w/ VS and flamer: (171 points)
    10 Marines w/ plasma gun: (160 points)
    9 Marines w/ VS and meltagun: (175 points)

FAST ATTACK:
    9 Assault Marines w/ VS (w/ power fist) and 2 plasma pistols: (260 points)

HEAVY SUPPORT:
    Whirlwind: (85 points)
    Baal Class Predator w/ heavy bolter side-sponsons: (120 points)
    5 Devastators w/ 4 lascannons: (215 points)

TOTAL ARMY VALUE: 1997 points

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

185 (x8)

HQ:
    SHP w/ jetpack, terminator honours, combat shield and power weapon: (135 points)

TROOPS:

FAST ATTACK:

HEAVY SUPPORT:
    If anything this list is worse then when it started, smigs, engurage players to be good first, then let me work fluff into there lists. If you have a personal issue with me or the blood angles this is not to place to post things like that. If you need help beating blood angles, field 12 missle luanchers and target the death company, see if you think they are under priced then.

As for the list, Fix your troops, currently they are worthless. So are the devs. Sorry to be so harse.

if you want a good army post it here if you dont, post it in the fluff section. And No, im not talking to necronmaster1
    Last edited by ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar; December 6th, 2005 at 09:15.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Death From Above!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

As for the list, Fix your troops, currently they are worthless. So are the devs. Sorry to be so harse.
    Absolutley agree with, sorry necron master, have to be a biot carefull, either FiTFOW or myself could put you together decent list, but they would be very different in some respects (largely about the troops) - they way you have yours configured is not really any use period

if you want a good army post it here if you dont, post it in the fluff section. And No, im not talking to necronmaster1
    Calm it down mate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

185 (x8)

Alright sorry about the rant...

Heres some real help...

HQ:
    Alright, first, you need frag grenades on very HQ you take, in every list you make, for the rest of your life Otherwise, not bad, I think a lot of players like taking grails, and at 2000 points i would recommand you do the same.
    TROOPS:
    Anything a flamer can kill, your bolters can kill better, dont take them in tactical squads, or any other infantry.
    As a blood angle, you probably dont want to use special weapons that prevent you from charging, so make this a melta gun. It will also help with anti tank. This squad also needs a veteran sgt. Ask Cheredanine if you should put a powerfist on him. They also need a transport. Be in a rihno or drop pod, i would recommend a drop pod, rihnos have a way of dying and pinning your troops.

Alterantively, you could take 4 bolters and a lascannon, gain a lot of anti tank, and help keep your points down, take a vet sgt, this will aid to your death company a lot.
    Same as above
    Either add a veteran sgt marine, and drop pod/rihno or the alterantive squad formate, in the above second.
    9 Assault Marines w/ VS (w/ power fist) and 2 plasma pistols: (260 points
    )
    Add a sgt with powerfist
    Same as above.
    HEAVY SUPPORT:
    In your current list, you have plenty of anti infantry already, a LST would add a bit more anti tank, without sacroficing much anti infantry.
    This is the envy of very other space marine commander, very good chioce, but it needs smoke launchers and extra armour.
    First, i would not recommend that devistator squads in a blod angle list, because on average, one turn in the game they will be denied shooting.

But, you have almost no other anti tank, except the drop pod, who idealy would be attacking infantry.

Finally lascannon in dev squads are way to exensive, id strongly recommend you take MLS instead of LCS, and the squad needs at least 8 men. Perhaps a sgt, although that seems unnessisary.

Good luck.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Death From Above!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

411 (x8)

OK so just to colour FiTFOWs comments a little:
    Alright, first, you need frag grenades on very HQ you take, in every list you make, for the rest of your life Otherwise, not bad, I think a lot of players like taking grails, and at 2000 points i would recommand you do the same.
    Both of these are spot on (we agree on HQs, the frags are to ensure you dont hit after troops in cover and gradually get worn down, the grail is to allow DC to use a masacre move to get into combat straigt away, rather than masacre your opponent and stand around with your whatists in your hand getting shot

Anything a flamer can kill, your bolters can kill better, dont take them in tactical squads, or any other infantry.
    As a blood angle, you probably dont want to use special weapons that prevent you from charging, so make this a melta gun. It will also help with anti tank. This squad also needs a veteran sgt. Ask Cheredanine if you should put a powerfist on him. They also need a transport. Be in a rihno or drop pod, i would recommend a drop pod, rihnos have a way of dying and pinning your troops.
    OK PF: it is a question of what you want to drop into DC, personnaly my flesh tearers have to move the vet sgt into DC, but standard BA yuou dont, by default, give him a power fist and keep him in the squad, but you are gonna want to put a vet sgt from somewhere into DC and I would rather lose a tac squad one than a FA squad one, so I tend to be of the half way house- give him a power weapon, particularly if you taken a melta gun in the squad. The transport one is spot on too, unless you play on a manopoly board you are gonna spend too long walking up the field, drop pods are a good option

Add a sgt with powerfist
    they already there mate

In your current list, you have plenty of anti infantry already, a LST would add a bit more anti tank, without sacroficing much anti infantry.
    Absolutley - LSTs are awsome, multi role and mine is the most hated model at the club

This is the envy of very other space marine commander, very good chioce, but it needs smoke launchers and extra armour.
    Concur, although smoke could be left off if you are stuffed for points and play with a decent amount of cover

First, i would not recommend that devistator squads in a blod angle list, because on average, one turn in the game they will be denied shooting.
    again concur, and I find it tends to bbe the turn when I am most relying on them

But, you have almost no other anti tank, except the drop pod, who idealy would be attacking infantry.
    Agree too, but that can be addressed through other routes (standard land speeder with melta guns, razors for the fire support tac squads with TL las cannon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

185 (x8)

Whoops...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Death From Above!