1000 pt Blood Angel - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    252 (x0)

1000 pt Blood Angel

Hey everyone. I'm gonna be in a "team tournament" in March and I'm required to make a 1K point Blood Angel list. I'm not sure what should go in a BA army at 1K pts, so any suggestions would be great. An all comers list is best, as I haven't the faintest idea what I'll be facing.

Also, keep in mind that I can't use more than 1 HQ choice, and that I've gotta share two FoC's with 3 other players.

Here's my list so far;

HQ

Death Company Chaplain; Bolt Pistol, Terminator Honors, power weapon = 211

Troops

9 Tactical Marines; Vet Sarge with Powerfist and Bolt Pistol, 7 with Bolters, 1 with Meltagun = 175 X 2

7 Blood Angel Scouts; Vet Sarge with Power Fist and Bolt Pistol, 6 with Bolt Pistol and Close Combat Weapons = 119

Elites

7 Blood Angel Veterans; Vet Sarge with Power Fist and Bolt Pistol, 1 with Meltagun, 1 with Power Fist and Bolt Pistol, 4 with Bolt Pistol and Close Combat Weapons. All Infiltrate. = 191

Fast Attack

8 Blood Angel Assault Marines, Vet Sarge with Power Fist and Bolt Pistol, 2 with Plasma pistols and close combat weapons, 5 with bolt pistol and close combat weapons = 216

With this list, I'm at 1087, which will need to be cut down to only 1K. Any suggestions would be awesome! Thanks in advance everyone! :yes: :yes:

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Ghost of LO ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    185 (x8)

Alrighty, first what race is your partern?

Frag grenades! :w00t:

Troops

9 Tactical Marines; Vet Sarge with Powerfist and Bolt Pistol, 7 with Bolters, 1 with Meltagun = 175 X 2
    Not bad, however if your ally is IG, things could get dicey.

7 Blood Angel Scouts; Vet Sarge with Power Fist and Bolt Pistol, 6 with Bolt Pistol and Close Combat Weapons = 119
    ok.

7 Blood Angel Veterans; Vet Sarge with Power Fist and Bolt Pistol, 1 with Meltagun, 1 with Power Fist and Bolt Pistol, 4 with Bolt Pistol and Close Combat Weapons. All Infiltrate. = 191
    Hmm, this squad needs more men.

8 Blood Angel Assault Marines, Vet Sarge with Power Fist and Bolt Pistol, 2 with Plasma pistols and close combat weapons, 5 with bolt pistol and close combat weapons = 216
    Alright.

Well, without knowning which army you plan to play alongside, its difficult to say what would be most effective. Id start by pulling 2 men from each drop pod, and putting them into the veteran squad. That, or take 2 scout squads and forget the veterans.
    Are you also litimited to 3 Troop choices, 1 other all around? as most team games are?

First, are you sure their will be infilrators? If so, is any one on your team planning on deep striking? often they will allow teleport homers to be used with other players armies as well. So you might consider a homer on that sargent. But please dont go giving every sgt one :tongue:

It looks like you in change of assault, so to get you under 1000, heres what i would do:

In recap, because im rambelling: 2 tactical marines to veteran squad. 1 of which gets a powersword and bolt pistol, other gets BP + CCW. That solves your point problem, but reduces your effectiveness with infilrators. However, this squad is pretty buffed out, and will hopefully hold untill your 2 assault squads, and troops arive.

Alternatively, if you do not have an IG army ally, or another shooty list, id incrourage you to take shooty tactical sqauds, again only if the other armies arent shooty. Good Hunting.
    Questions about drop pods? Click Here.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Death From Above!
    Need help with your HQ? Click Here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Firedrake28
    Hey everyone. I'm gonna be in a "team tournament" in March and I'm required to make a 1K point Blood Angel list. I'm not sure what should go in a BA army at 1K pts, so any suggestions would be great. An all comers list is best, as I haven't the faintest idea what I'll be facing.

Also, keep in mind that I can't use more than 1 HQ choice, and that I've gotta share two FoC's with 3 other players.
    FITFOW has given you some stuff, lets see what else:
    Here's my list so far;

HQ

dont get confused, he gets a power weapon for free, but it is called a Crozius Arcanum. Give him frags as FITFOW suggests, also I would go for a jump pack (gives DC a jump pack)

Troops

These guys are gonna foot slog? be very carefull you dont get shot to shreds or arrive too late, it depends where the tourney is, but most GW tourneys have little in the way of cover, so I would be tempted to get rhinos for these squads (easey sacrifice the scouts for 2xrhinos W extra armour and smoke, leaves one point to get the chappy frags)
    you may want to get these guys frags too

always nice but as above, the alternate would be to sacrifice one tac squad, up the numbers in this squad and get the other tac squad a rhino
    Elites

I dissagree a little with FITFOW, 8 is not a bad number for a squad,

Fast Attack

8 Blood Angel Assault Marines, Vet Sarge with Power Fist and Bolt Pistol, 2 with Plasma pistols and close combat weapons, 5 with bolt pistol and close combat weapons = 216[/quote]
    fine

OK so your problems are:
    1. foot slogging, your assault marines will get wiped because they are on their own, the rest of your army is wandering across a barren, featureless dessert whilst people drop pie plates on you.

The traditional ways of dealing with this is to give the chappy a jump pack, meaning Dc get jump packs for free, so you got 2 assault units going it together, actually as it stands you then got 2 infiltrating units going in, followed by your foot sloggers, that is not too bad, I would live with that.

Your only other problem is anti tank. Specifically big template or marine killing tanks (LR tanks, basilisks, defilers, anything with a rail gun, falcons etc etc. You lack the capacity to kill at range, quite typical of BA armies, the usual method of dealing is to use a speeder, but you are quite stuffed for points, you also need to lose 87 and get the chappy a jump pack?

OK lose a tac squad, get the chappy a jump pack and frags, get a speeder with a multi melta and I think you are there
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    144 (x3)

The only problem with the Blood Angels Veteran Squad is that they aren't allowed to take any special skills because they already possess Furious Charge. It sucks, I know, I'd love to have a squad of infiltrating, furious-charging BA's with a power weapon/special weapon and two power fists. But sadly that won't work, the issue is addressed in the Blood Angels FAQ on GW's website. A fair alternative would be to give them a drop pod and use the meltagun to fry a tank the turn they touch down, and then the next turn they charge into combat.
    "I would listen to Sokhar. The man's a genius. Listen."
    ~Lord Yossanrion
    "Thanks, Sokhar. There was some legitimately good advice in between the low-grade profanity, blaspheming and veiled insults."
    ~Quick
    "Well thought, intelligently put, with a hint of sarcastic bastard!"
    ~Diggum's Hammer

+ Reply to Thread