[1000] Ordo Xenos 'counts as' list. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

[1000] Ordo Xenos 'counts as' list.

Hey, I've been dreaming up fun lists lately. Here's my personal favourite. I'm not entirely sure where to put it, because it features a whole range of stuff. Note that the () next to every units name attempt to clarify its source

The only doctrines worth mentioning are grenadiers and storm troopers.. the rest haven't been used.

HQ

Deathwatch Kill Team (Chapter Approved) – 255 points
    1 Captain: Bolter, Thunder Hammer
    2 Veterans: Bolters, Power Weapons
    3 Marines: 1 x Heavy Bolter (Suspensor, Hellfire Rounds), 2 x Bolter
    Rhino – 53
    Smoke Launchers

ELITE

Inquisitor (WH) – 81
    Inquisitor: Bolt Pistol, Close Combat Weapon, Scourging, Inquisitorial Mandate

Storm Troopers (IG) – 98
    1 Veteran Sergeant – Bolt Pistol, Power Weapon, Frag & Krak Grenades, Deep Strike
    5 Stormtroopers – 2 x Meltaguns, 3 x Hellguns & Targetters, Frag & Krak Grenades, Deep Strike

TROOPS

Grenadiers (IG) - 120
    1 Sergeant: Hellpistol, Frag and Krak Grenades
    9 Stormtroopers: 2 x Plasma Guns, 7 x Hellguns & Targetters, Frag & Krak Grenades
    Chimera – 80
    Heavy Bolter Turret

Grenadiers (IG) - 120
    1 Sergeant: Hellpistol, Frag and Krak Grenades
    9 Stormtroopers: 2 x Plasma Guns, 7 x Hellguns & Targetters, Frag & Krak Grenades
    Chimera – 80
    Heavy Bolter Turret

FAST ATTACK

1 Sentinel (IG) – 55
    Lascannon

1 Sentinel (IG) - 55
    Lascannon

Total 997

The original plan was to stick the Inquisitor and the Deathwatch in a drop pod together, but for some strange reason, it seems you can't do that. As it is, it seems they'll have to roll around in a rhino for the time being.

The idea was to get a decent ammount of balanced firepower while keeping the inquisitorial theme (I wanted this to feel like an inquisitors private taskforce rather than a full blown IG army, but the sentinels were a neccesary concession) with lots of stormtroopers and the like. The inquisitor and his men in black retinue (the force composition isn't intended to reflect the actual heirachy) are intended to provide a bit of CC chopping.. The heavy bolter is just there for fun and fluffiness, and scourging is there because I like it (incidentally, can both be fired from the hatch of a moving rhino, since they're both assault weapons?)

Anything missing, is the whole concept stupid? Please comment at will.

Last edited by The_Giant_Mantis; December 6th, 2005 at 01:44.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    142 (x5)

Very nice themed list. It works well, if it is a bit small for what is primarily an IG-based force. Although they all have carapace armour, they are still going to suffer a bit from anti-infantry weapons. But I suppose that's what the chimeras are for. There's a lot of very nice mobile firepower here; I can see the Inquisitor and Deathwatch being very easily supported by the chimeras and attendant stormtroopers, who blast any units likely to counter-assault.

The only real worry I have is the sentinels, they're the only real anti-vehicle stuff you've got, and they're fragile. Everything else needs to assault in order to work against vehicles, which most if not all can just reverse out of if they're still mobile. But I suppose a 1000 point game won't have too many tanks, unless you're facing an Armoured Company.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Xerxes
    The only real worry I have is the sentinels, they're the only real anti-vehicle stuff you've got, and they're fragile. Everything else needs to assault in order to work against vehicles, which most if not all can just reverse out of if they're still mobile.
    You're right, of course.. The anti vehicle stuff could be considered a bit limited. But there should be an average of one lascannon hit per turn from the sentinels (that is, until they blow up themselves.) A lascannon is nothing to sneer about. We also have the meltagun suicide squad, provided they don't land in a tree, and even the deathwatch. The thunder hammer could help to limit vehicle reverse & blast tactics, even if it doesn't mash vehicles itself.

I agree on the infantry too.. Heavy bolters are going to cause crying. But hopefully, the Chimeras will help out a bit there. The squads can at least occupy decent positions fairly quickly (and the chimera also makes up for the lack of heavy weapons in the squads.) I'm debating whether I shouldn't have added an extra heavy bolter to the hulls, but I did want to keep them fairly minimal.
    Last edited by The_Giant_Mantis; December 8th, 2005 at 03:42.

Just beyond the veil of reality (the darkness comes!)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like it, but then again I love the Ordo Xenos for some strange reason

it's really... sneaky at least for a guard list (which it's not... strictly speaking)

the suicide melta squad and the sentinels are enough to stop tanks... but barely, it might not fare well against tread heads. Also, that melta squad could work pretty well as an HQ killer as well if they deepstrike close enough, and then get the hell out before they get shot to pieces.
    "And any man who comes through this fight mostly unharmed will be my sister! It'll be free frocks and jollies for ever, you'll see!"
    - Rome: Total War

my armies
    9th Black Watch (Imperial Guard) 4000 points
    Red Corsairs of Khorne 2000 points
    Space Wolves 13th Company 2000 points

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First, a heavy bolter is not an assault weapon, and the only transport I am aware of that passengers shoot out of (except its not their guns, its still the vehicles) is the chimera with its 6 Lasguns on the sides. So, I believe that you cant fire either the Heavy BOlter or you psychic power out of it.
    How many guardsmen does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
    None, their lasguns work fine.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    142 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Chain Templar
    First, a heavy bolter is not an assault weapon
    It is when you have a suspensor fitted, which only Deathwatch can buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Chain Templar
    and the only transport I am aware of that passengers shoot out of (except its not their guns, its still the vehicles) is the chimera with its 6 Lasguns on the sides.
    I'm pretty sure most transports can fire out of escape hatches and turrets and so on; I know the Rhino allows this at least. But if the model firing out of it isn't wearing power armour then the vehicle counts as being open-topped.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok thanks for the clarification, but I thought they could only fire out of hatches if they were firing a pintle mounted stormbolter or stubber. Guess not.
    How many guardsmen does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
    None, their lasguns work fine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This list is pretty kool if you ask me.

I really wish they would release the ordo xenos codex.
    It's definantly going to be the koolest thing ever, though hopefully they dont get carried away with using alien technology in weapons and stuff. Though they didnt in the DH codex, they just have one, very nice and tidy daemon unit you can use.
    Man I cant wait, though its probably going to be a very very long time.

He's coming for you...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

450 (x8)

Opinion varies on the release date.. Part of the coolness of this list for me is that it's quite close to the standard inquisitorial format (inquisitor, stormtroopers, etc) so hopefully I can just make some tweaks and add some new stuff if and when alien hunters is released.

I don't think they'll go overboard myself.. a few wierd alien techno-gizmos for the radicals, and I'd imagine some kind of themed special unit (oh, and deathwatch will probably be adjusted for use as a functional choice rather than an uber HQ unit.) In fact, why are they taking so long? It's gotta be the easiest codex to write, because you only need to think up a few thinks. Most of the stuff is already there.

On the subject of the list.. Any more criticism, problems, comments? The main thing bugging me is that 250 point HQ.. If anyone works out I'm fielding it, it's going to be too tempting to pass on.
    Last edited by The_Giant_Mantis; December 18th, 2005 at 05:09.

+ Reply to Thread