Ardent Shroud 1500 1st attempt. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ardent Shroud 1500 1st attempt.

Hi,

So i won last night for the first time with my sisters. Here is the list. I played my mate (who i lose to every week and his speed freak army of rocket toting Orcs) I usually plar Death Guard.

Canoness
    Blessed weapon, Inferno pistol, Cloak of St Aspira Jump Pack and Rosarius 155pt

Repentia
    x8 +Mistress 190pts

Battle Sister Squad
    x8 with bolters x1 heavy flamer x sister superior 136pts

Battle Sister Squad
    x8 with bolters x1 heavy flamer x sister superior x 1 Priest 177pts

Seraphin
    x6 with tl bolt pistols x 1 tl hand flamers x1 inferno pistols sister superior 252pts

Dominions
    x2 meltaguns x3 bolters sister superior rhino with storm bolter 149pts

Exorcist
    Extra armour 140pts

Exorcist
    Extra armour 140pts

Penitent squad
    x2 160pts

FP 6

I faced space wolves. All that was left after 6 turns was for me 4 battle sisters with superior and priest. Immob rhino and Penitent and one fully working Exorcist. It has to be said when rolling for number of rockets for my exorcists i had rolled 1 for 4 out of 8 attempts with one 4 being the highest number

Best result for me in the game was a battle sister squad, taking down 4 out of 6 bikes with divine guidance:yes: :yes:

Could do with some feedback on this, i may have found my army!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

In a cave underneath the great mountains gaurding a treassure you'll never find
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x3)

I only see one mistake in this army....

You can't take blessed weapons on your Canoness, she is NOT a vehicle, else I find it a good list, perhaps I would give it some transporters, but they are not that important I think
    Dragons do flame.... but only when they are upset or they want to

According to new signature rules my hydra (the only reason for it to be here was to please Caluin) have been removed. But still dragons pwnz hydras anytime

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Zenziller! Welcome to the WH forum here on LO!

Now I'll take a look at your list, and let you know what I think of it!

You can't take blessed weapons on your Canoness
    This is incorrect. You not only CAN, but most definetely should take a Blessed Weapon on your Canoness.

Canoness: I like the set-up, only thing I'd change is to drop the rosarius and perhaps for about 10-15 pts more get Litanies of Faith, that way you'd get a FREE 2+ Invulnerable Save

Repentia: 8 isn't really that much, as far using em I'd say use them in a higher points game (like 2000) so you could take a large squad of them. If you insist on keeping them, attaching a preist will be helpful. Also know that they die pretty quickly to shooting, so just hope that there's a decent amount left once you get into CC.

Battle Sisters Squad 1: Well your VSS has no equipment which isn't good. Give her some cheap wargear if you're in a points crunch (Bolt Pistol + Power weapon, for example). Also, for the cost of the heavy flamer, you could get 2 regular flamers.

Battle Sister Squad 2: Same thing about the VSS with no equipment. Also, you should put the priest with the Repentias.

Seraphim: I wouldn't recommend mixing your special weapons. Either have both hand flamers, or both inferno pistols. Try putting some melta bombs on your seraphim, that'll make them very very AT. Take the VSS upgrade, and get her some equipment (Plasma Pistol, Power Weapon or whatever combination you prefer).

Dominions: Well I'd recommend giving all of them the same special weapon, and as many as possible (in this case I'd give 4 of the dominions meltaguns). if you've got the points to spare, give them an immolator transport, as it has better armament options.

Exorcists: Nothing wrong here, although 2 may not always be necessary.

Penitent Engines: A very bold decision to use these. They will either work really well, or stink horribly. Use them wisely!

Overall, your list was headed in the right direction, and just needed a few changes. Remeber that everything here is just MY opinion and that if you don't want to follow any of my advice you don't have to. A WH army is very fun to play, as you can adapt it to your own tastes quite easily. :yes:
    Exorcist Kills:
    Predator Annihilator
    Skyray
    Leman Russ
    Pirahna
    Chimera
    Wartrukk
    Nob
    5 Tactical Squad Marines
    2 Raiders

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi thanks for the reply's. I won my first game with them and that was with me losing the seraphin and canoness to shooting in the first turn. i gave my friend many options to shoot at and thats what he chose. That left the way clear for my heavy support to pour on the hurt! With the tanks and engines making their points back.

The above list is what i have modelwise, so have little room for change, but i thank you for the help, so far. I made a mistake with my faith total, it should be 7. Can i just clarify the use of faith. I can cast faith as many times i like per turn as long as its not the same act of faith on the same squad.

Thanks for your help again, when i finifsh painting i will post pics, and also keep you updated on how i get on with the army

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

Faith - yes, you use a faith point to try an act (whether it works or not), so when you say "As many times as I like" that is not strictly true, but other than your total number of faithpoints you posses at a given point in time, you can attempt to carry out as many acts of faith as you have faith points in a turn with the only other barrier being you cant try the same act on the same squad twice in a turn

Re your other list;
    I am dubious about the cannoness wandering around on her own or spoiling hit and run for the serephim
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Iain M Banks.............wink Cheredanine!

Ah i see I thought the Canoness would do well 'hiding' with the Seraphin. I did'nt realise the impications re hit and run. I just thought she would be a potent force with the Seraphin, roaming around being a pain in the butt. Similar to a Chaplin with dath company flying squad o'doom that i see locally.

I realised i could only carry out acts of faith = to faith point total of my army. I really like this idea, its a cool feature of the sisters.

I have spent 3 hours tonight painting 1 exorcist, there is so much detail in it, and i have 2!!!!!!

In a cave underneath the great mountains gaurding a treassure you'll never find
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by IATFP
    This is incorrect. You not only CAN, but most definetely should take a Blessed Weapon on your Canoness.
    I misread it at blessed AMMUNITION, not blessed weapon, guess I must have been pretty tired at the time
    Dragons do flame.... but only when they are upset or they want to

According to new signature rules my hydra (the only reason for it to be here was to please Caluin) have been removed. But still dragons pwnz hydras anytime

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Arakiaz
    I misread it at blessed AMMUNITION, not blessed weapon, guess I must have been pretty tired at the time
    It happens. Nothing worth worrying about, really. ^_^ Sometimes those words change on you when you read, especially when you're tired :tongue:
    Exorcist Kills:
    Predator Annihilator
    Skyray
    Leman Russ
    Pirahna
    Chimera
    Wartrukk
    Nob
    5 Tactical Squad Marines
    2 Raiders

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Zenziller
    Iain M Banks.............wink Cheredanine!

Ah i see I thought the Canoness would do well 'hiding' with the Seraphin. I did'nt realise the impications re hit and run. I just thought she would be a potent force with the Seraphin, roaming around being a pain in the butt. Similar to a Chaplin with dath company flying squad o'doom that i see locally.

I realised i could only carry out acts of faith = to faith point total of my army. I really like this idea, its a cool feature of the sisters.

I have spent 3 hours tonight painting 1 exorcist, there is so much detail in it, and i have 2!!!!!!
    Well done Zenziller, the second person to suss that one

yeah it is a bit of a *****, to be honest I got rid of my sisters when codex witch hunter came out and I am only now rebuilding the army, but serephim are not kill all in close combat, I always had more sucess with close up shooting and the charge than any protracgted close combat and the cannoness is never gonna turn them into death company + chaplain (which in turn are not the best close combat troops but do weigh in at the top end of the scale).

The cannoness and your serephim can make nice counter assault components to your army, deploy them out of sight behind the lines and charge anything that charges you, but then you dont need any special guns as you are probabyl alreadyu charging into combat and wont get to shoot
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nevermind about this post, i need to get my eyes checked.
    Last edited by Ryiax; December 14th, 2005 at 09:56.

+ Reply to Thread