Okay, so I will be playing a game this Saturday. I even picked up some MDF boards so that we can have a proper 4’x6’ playing surface. Most likely there will be three of us, so it’ll be a 2 vs. 1 situation, with me either being one of the paired side or on my own. I’m going to try and take a look at some lists one situation at a time. The first likely situation is:
1000 pts Black Templars (Me)
1000 pts Necrons
2000 pts Alaitoc (Eldar)

Why would Templars and Necrons ally? I have no clue, really. I might try and work warm donuts into the scenario somehow. Templars and Necrons alike love a warm Krispy Kreme, right?

Anyways, on to the list:

Emperor’s Champion
- Uphold the Honor of the Emperor (No cover, 6+ Invulernable save, and immune to pinning)

- Bolt Pistol
- Frag Grenades
- Terminator Honors
- Crusader Seals

Command Squad
- 7x Initiates w/ Bolt Pistol & CCW
- 1x Initiates w/ Meltagun
- 1x Veteran Sergeant w/ Power Fist
- Frag Grenades
- Drop Pod

Crusader Squad
- 9x Initiates w/ Bolter
- 1x Initiates w/ Plasma Gun
- Drop Pod

Crusader Squad (EC goes here)
- 3x Initiates w/ Bolt Pistol & CCW
- 1x Initiates w/ Meltagun
- 1x Initiates w/ Power Fist
- 4x Neophytes w/ Bolt Pistol & CCW
- Rhino w/ Extra Armor and Smoke Launchers

Land Speeder Squadron
- Land Speeder Tornado (Heavy Bolter & Assault Cannon)

Land Speeder Squadron
- Land Speeder Tornado (Heavy Bolter & Assault Cannon)

It’s fairly light on tank busting (other than the special weapons and power fists.) I fully expect to face a pair of Vypers and at least one, maybe two, Falcons. I’m going to rely on the Necrons’ Gauss weapons to provide me with my tank busting power. I’m considering dropping one of my Drop Pod squads and putting in a Tank Hunter Dreadnought… but I’m going to have a hard time keeping it hidden enough to not get popped quickly and viciously. You can pack a lot of Bright Lances, Starcannons, and Pulse Lasers in 2000pts.

I’ve chosen to hide everyone inside armor because I know I’ll be facing Alaitoc with this list. I originally planned on fielding a monster Crusader squad to footslog it up, but that could have been destroyed if I was forced to start in reserves. Instead one Crusader squad was converted to a Command squad to go with the Chaplain and another was given a Rhino to hide out in first turn.

The neophytes are in the Rhino squad in order to free up points for the second LST. Otherwise I have a spare 40 points floating around, which I would possibly use to buy a different vow. The second LST gives me an extra source of light tank busting, and I can try to get lucky against the Falcons if I need to.

The shooty Drop Pod squad is there to provide generic Space Marine goodness where I need it, possibly getting a Falcon’s back armor.

For reference, the Necron player will probably field 2 squads of 10 Necron Warriors and a Lord w/ Res Orb and VoD. Other than that he's likely to field some Scarabs or Destroyers.

Comments? Suggestions?