2000 Daemon Hunter Pure GK's - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 Daemon Hunter Pure GK's

Could you please tell me what is wrong with this list.

HQ
    GKGM+IOJ+MCNFW+Word=185
    4 GK Terminators+1 Psycannon+Holocaust=229

Inquisitor Lord+Artificer Armour+FW+BP+Auspex=103
    3 Warriors+Multi Meltas+2 Sages+3 Acolytes=149

ELITES
    Vindicare Assassin=110

TROOPS
    6 PAGK+2 Psycannons+1 Justicar+Frag+Melta Bombs+Auspex=258

6 PAGK+2 Psycannons+1 Justicar+Frag+Melta Bombs+Auspex=258

FAST ATTACK
    6 PAGK+2 Incinerators+1 Justicar+Frag+Melta Bombs=199

6 PAGK+2 Incinerators+1 Justicar+Frag+Melta Bombs=199

HEAVY SUPPORT
    1 GK Dread+Plasma Cannon=120

1 GK Dread+Plasma Cannon=120

1 Orbital Strike+Lance=70

=2000

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Shrubs for the Blood God Undead Bonzi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    207 (x5)

There are several things you should consider.

1. Lose the orbital miss (strike), gigantor waste of points for little to no effect.

2. I'm a bit confused on your inquisitor lord. Why does he have a Force Wepon and a bolt pistol while he's in what is obviously set up to be a shooty, tank busting retinue? At the very least give the man a psycannon, that's about the best possible wepon you could ever stick on an Inquisitor. Plus I dont think you can have more than one Force Wepon per army and your GM's wepon already counts toward that.

3. Carefull on that Vindicare, sometimes it can be very hard for them to make their points back.

4. I would save some points and take the Melta Bombs off your PAGK units, its more likely that your DS units will be nearer the enemy armor than the PAGK's. I would also try to make the PAGK squads a bit beefier. They're really going to get shot up trying to walk acrost a field.

5. CRUCIAL POINT. Be very carefull giving your termie squad Holocaust, if they suffer perils of the warp they ALL get hurt, not just one.

6. It's questionable how usefull Word is on your GM, I mean who in their right mind is going to charge a squad of GK termies and a Grand Master, and even if they do, would you care, your GM's got an I5. Not many go before him.

7. As far as Dreads go I prefer assault cannons but I can see the value of plasma as well, thats your call.

Remember, most of what I've said is personal preference. You can take it all with a grain of salt.
    The only honorable options left to we combatants is seppuku or semantics...which amount to the same thing really.
    -Undead Bonzi

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Undead Bonzi
    I dont think you can have more than one Force Wepon per army and your GM's wepon already counts toward that.
    No, he can purchase a force weapon for an inquisitor if he likes, as the GM's nemesis force weapon only acts as one. It isn't, technically speaking, a force weapon.

Largely, though, I agree with Undead Bonzi. Psychic powers on GKs are rarely worth it, and perils of the warp will affect more than just the model using the power.

Give your inquisitor a psycannon to complement the retinue.

Dropping the orbital strike and melta bombs off at least the walking PAGKs will allow you to equip your dreads with more effective anti-tank weapons like twin-linked lascannons and missile launchers. (With four units of GKs and a Terminator squad, you shouldn't have much need for blast templates on troop units.) Plus you should still have few points left over.

Add a few models to those FAGKs however you can.
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool thanks, do you think i have enough troops? i can't find ways to squeeze more in.

+ Reply to Thread