Space Marine 500pt - 1000pt. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Space Marine 500pt - 1000pt.

Hey i'm planning on joining the escalation league in my local GW store so first it starts off as 500pts then im gonna need a 1000pt army. So this is what i got so far for the 500pt from the help of the people in the space marine forums.

500 Points

HQ

Captain 60pts
    -Power Weapon +15pts
    -Storm Bolter +5pts
    =80pts

Troops

2x Tactical Squad
    -4x Sm
    -1x Sergeant -Bolter
    -ML +10pts
    =85pts 85x2= 165pts

1x Tactical Squad
    -4x Sm
    -1x Sergeant -Bolter
    -Heavy Bolter +5pts
    =80pts

Fast Attack

2x Land Speeder Tornado
    -AC
    -HB
    =80pts 80x2=160pts

Total
    = 490pts

Ok so thats what i got so far for the 500pts any suggestions welcome. I have no idea what i should get for the 1000pt thing if i even get there . One thing i wanna know is do i havta keep this layout if i enter it and then when it comes to the 1000pt i just gotta add to it or can i change it completely. I was also wondering for the seargents do i havta use a seargent model or can i use a simple space marine cause the boxes only come with 1 seargent and 9 sm's and i dont wanna havta buy 3. Any thoughts and advice welcome.
    -edit- I forgot to mention that i was gonna amke this a blood raven army so if im doing it all wrong and stuff please let me know.

Last edited by PortaPotty; December 17th, 2005 at 02:48.
    Blood Ravens
    5/1/0
    W/L/D

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PortaPotty

Captain 60pts
    -Power Weapon +15pts
    -Storm Bolter +5pts
    =80pts

I would give him a bolt or plasma pistol

2x Tactical Squad
    -4x Sm
    -1x Sergeant -Bolter
    -ML +10pts
    =85pts 85x2= 165pts

ok, if you have any extra points then upgrade to lascannons, but these are fine

2x Land Speeder Tornado
    -AC
    -HB
    =80pts 80x2=160pts

excellent, these will serve ye well

Ok so thats what i got so far for the 500pts any suggestions welcome. I have no idea what i should get for the 1000pt thing if i even get there . One thing i wanna know is do i havta keep this layout if i enter it and then when it comes to the 1000pt i just gotta add to it or can i change it completely. I was also wondering for the seargents do i havta use a seargent model or can i use a simple space marine cause the boxes only come with 1 seargent and 9 sm's and i dont wanna havta buy 3. Any thoughts and advice welcome.
    -edit- I forgot to mention that i was gonna amke this a blood raven army so if im doing it all wrong and stuff please let me know.
    For 1000pts, I would get Assault Marines, and upgrade Captain to Chaplin with Jump Pack. Mabey more men, or even a dreadnought or whirlwind.

I like your army though
    One Shot, One Kill

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright so for the 1000pts taking blue waves suggestions i came up with this.

1000pts

HQ

Reclusiarch 85pts
    -Power weapon 15pts
    -Storm Bolter 5pts
    =105pts

Elites

Dreadnought
    -Ml +10pts
    =115pts

Troops

2x Tactical Squad
    -4x Space Marine
    -1x Sergeant -bolter
    -ML +10pts
    =170pts

2x Tactical Squad
    -4x Space Marine
    -1x Sergeant
    - Plasmagun 10pts
    =170pts

Fast Attack

2x Land Speeder Tornado
    -Ac
    -Hb
    =160pts

Heavy Support

Devastator Squad
    -7x Space Marine
    -1x Sergeant
    -2x Hb
    -2x Ml
    =190pts

Whirlwind
    =85pts

Total
    =995pts

As you can hopefully tell this army is completely ranged. The plan is to just sit back and shootem down. The Whirlwind with strike and weaken anything important or anything not in the range of my marines bolters. The dreadnoguht is to help take out tanks and infantry. The devastator squad Helps take out infantry and vehicles also. LAnd speeder tornados are there to flank enemy units. Any advice and suggestions welcome. The only problem is im not to sure this might work becausei dont really know what are the basis of other armies other then IG which is mass units and some nice vehicles.
    Blood Ravens
    5/1/0
    W/L/D

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you are going to have an army that is completely ranged, I'd stick with the commander of your first list. Chaplains are much better when they are dedicated to CC and are leading a unit equipped in the same way. If you plan to just shoot with him, you lose the use of their special abilities, which also makes the storm bolter a less than great choice for a ranged weapon. Bolt pistols are probably the best ranged weapon for function and cost. Also a chaplain already comes with the equivalent of a power weapon, so buying another one for him is not needed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh alright thanks. ill replacem with the old Captain.
    Blood Ravens
    5/1/0
    W/L/D

+ Reply to Thread