1,500 friendly see but dont be seen. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1,500 friendly see but dont be seen.

i designed this list to play for character not for winning i dnt realli mind losing i just love the look on my opponets face whn he doesnt knw where anything will be. for fluff i cnt have any vechiles and the units i take either need to deepstrike or infilrate. this is a firepower army im sick of seeing marines armies using thier bolters as clubs. rapid fire isolated parts of my oppents army and wipe them out b4 moving on to a new target. all marines have bolters except the veteran sergeants who have bolt pistols.
    Traits
    advantages:see but dont be seen, cleanse and purify
    disadvantages: flesh over steel
    HQ

Master
    Storm bolter, power sword.

command squad
    10 marines
    apothecary bolter
    vet sergeant power fist
    2 plasma guns
    all have infiltrate

troops

tactical squad
    10 marines
    vet. Sergeant Powerfist teleport homer
    2 meltaguns
    all have infiltrate

tactical squad
    10 marines
    vet. sergeant powerfist teleport homer
    2 meltaguns
    all have infiltrate

tactical squad
    6 marines
    plasma cannon, plasma gun
    all have infiltrate

tactical squad
    6 marines
    lascannon, plasma gun
    all have infiltrate

Heavy support

devastator squad
    8 marines
    4 missile launchers
    all have infiltrate

total:1348

i got 142 points any suggestions on wot i could spend them on a small heavy weapon squad? scouts? do u guys thnk tht i should keep the melta guns or swap 4 2 plasma/ for 1 special weapon and 1 heavy weapon?

my other list has less marine but a squad of deepstriking terminators:
    HQ

Master
    Storm bolter, power sword, teleport homer.

command squad
    10 marines
    apothecary bolter
    vet sergeant power fist
    2 plasma guns
    all have infiltrate

Elites

Terminator squad
    5 Terminators
    1 assault cannon
    1 cyclone missile launcher

troops

tactical squad
    8 marines
    2 meltaguns
    all have infiltrate

tactical squad
    8marines
    2 meltaguns
    all have infiltrate

tactical squad
    6 marines
    all have infiltrate

tactical squad
    6 marines
    lascannon, plasma gun
    all have infiltrate

Heavy support

devastator squad
    6 marines
    3 missile launchers
    all have infiltrate

suggestions for the spare 30 points?
    which list would work better? i play all games with infiltrate/deepstrike so i dnt need to worry about not been able to play with them. but if i had to which list would work better the no termie 1? any comments on either list would b greatly appriated i could realli use some experince to help me...

my main tactics are to totally surrond the opponets most isolated units(s) and then wipe thm out before the rest of the army can arrive in support. ive palyed one game and have learnt that this list could b realli nasty but i need to concentrate my force over a small area. any others suggestions for tactics/ways tht i could play this list/ideas from ppl who have played an army like this?

Last edited by Bear; December 18th, 2005 at 06:08.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Ghost of LO ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    185 (x8)

Master
    Storm bolter, power sword.

command squad
    10 marines
    apothecary bolter
    vet sergeant power fist
    2 plasma guns
    all have infiltrate
    Take a librarain instead of the worthless master. Give the lib a storm bolter and termintor honors + fear of the darkness + Termintor command squad, 2x asault cannons, drop pod. That fits with your fluff, and fear of the darkness will send the enemies running off the board.
    This will run you about 80 more points then youve currently spent on your commander + other stuff, but be more then worth it.

tactical squad
    10 marines
    2 meltaguns
    all have infiltrate

tactical squad
    10 marines
    2 meltaguns
    all have infiltrate
    I though you where tired of your marines clubbing people with there bolters? You give your oponent no reason to not charge you, since they will A) get the bonus for chargnig avoid 2 melta gun shots per turn) C) nothing will piece there armour, if this is a space marine squad, youve got a real probably, if this is a hord of orks, its not so bad, except, that it would have been nice to pop the ork war boss into a slik green liquid instead of losing the whole squad to him. Simple solution to this problem, give your sgt a powerfist, this doesnt mean that you have to charge, it just means it will get your OUT of a charge faster.

You have 0 units deep striking, remove teleport homers, however for fluff reasons id leave them on the actual model. If anyone questions you on it, say its a life signs scanner.

tactical squad
    6 marines
    all have infiltrate
    Ok.

tactical squad
    6 marines
    lascannon, plasma gun
    all have infiltrate
    Id go with the plsama cannon, you need anti infantry support, with 4 melta guns upfront, plus infilrate you shouldnt have any trouble popping tanks.

devastator squad
    8 marines
    4 missile launchers
    all have infiltrate
    Good. As well as these guns, for anti tank. Since you can place them in good spots to hit side armour.

The changes above should bring you pretty close to 1500.

The other list is pretty simlar to this one, id simply make the changes above and go with that army. Peace.
    Questions about drop pods? Click Here.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Death From Above!
    Need help with your HQ? Click Here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thnks ill make up that list and try it out next itme im down at the gaming store sounds realli nasty. yea i dont liek fighting in combat with my marine i ike to get close and shoot at one target with several squads and wipe it out/damage it and if i deploy well using infiltrate i should b able to isolate something and destroy it before the rest of my opponets force can hit me back. it worked ok in my first game i wiped out a unit of termies in one turn but i spread my troops out and most of them got assaulted on turn two cause i was playing templars adn their stupid morale rules :realmad: leasson learnt spreading out isnt a good thing with an army tht lacks mobility. its realli cool in deployment whn the pesrson i played had a fit about where i would go thnks for the advice again sounds good to me.

+ Reply to Thread