1500 Point Space Wolf Army, heeelp - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 Point Space Wolf Army, heeelp

This is the assortment I have in my army right now -

2 Grey Hunter packs - 15 bolters, 1 flamer, 1 meltagun, 1 rocket launcher, 1 power fist, and 3 cc weapons (2 of which are master crafted), and 1 pelt for my sarge. Also, they have 3 frag grenades. (one of these squads came from the battle for mcragge set, so I can't change much of these guys. Although Not able to hold extra weaponry, that don't mean they can't have additional stuff glued on.)

I'm wondering If I can give these sargents frost blades or frost axes

1 Blood Claw pack - 10 bolt pistols, 7 cc weapons, 1 power fist, and 1 master crafted weapon, and 1 pelt for my sarge

1 Rune Priest - Frost Axe, Belt of Russ, Wolf pelt, and a tooth necklace.

1 Iron Priest - Bolter, Thunderhammer, and artificer armour.

1 V. Dreaddy - CC combat weapon and a storm bolter

1 Leman Russ Exterminator that is fully loaded - HK Missle Launcher, side sponsons, hull mounted heavy bolter, twin linked las-cannon, Pintle mounted bolter, And, of course, the dozer blade.

1 Long Fang Pack - Heavy Bolter, Lascannon, Multi-melta, plasma cannon, bolter and CC weapon for the sarge.

And one Land Speeder - Heavy Bolter

And Logan Grimnar which was an impulse buy. I know I have to have a force of 2000 points to use him, But I can always pretend to pass him off as Ragnar, should the need arise.

My HQ is the Rune Priest and the Venerable Dreaddy.

That there is my army. Currently it goes over 1500 points, somewhere into the realm of (i think) 1581. I'm doing what I can to get it below 1500 yet still be a force to be reckoned with, but I'd LOVE to have wolf guard pack leaders.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Long Fang Pack - Heavy Bolter, Lascannon, Multi-melta, plasma cannon, bolter and CC weapon for the sarge.

Seems a but underpowered for me. I would try desegnating it for one purpose such as anti-tank, horde, ect. For anti tank, Massed lascannons or missle launchers are the best ( prefer lascannons). For horde, I would go with heavy bolters, and mabey a missle launcher or Plasma cannon.

Just my 2cents hope this helps!
    InquisitorLordReiss
    How many Inquisitors does it take to screw in a lightbulb? Three,
    one to screw it in, one to outlaw lightbulbs, and one to deny lightbulbs ever existed.
    "From this day to the ending of the world..
    We in it shall be remembered...
    We band of brothers."
    Henry V

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I took what was in the sprue :/ It only had that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 V. Dreaddy - CC combat weapon and a storm bolter
    You need to give him a weapon for the right arm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    121 (x2)

This is the assortment I have in my army right now -

2 Grey Hunter packs - 15 bolters, 1 flamer, 1 meltagun, 1 rocket launcher, 1 power fist, and 3 cc weapons (2 of which are master crafted), and 1 pelt for my sarge. Also, they have 3 frag grenades. (one of these squads came from the battle for mcragge set, so I can't change much of these guys. Although Not able to hold extra weaponry, that don't mean they can't have additional stuff glued on.)
    First things first grey hunters are not allowed to have rocket launchers, nor can they have sargents or master crafted weapons. As far as having frag grenades, they can't just have 3, its everyone or no one. If you have a few troops that are modeled with frags on them its ok for them not to have them on the point list, but you might point it out to your opponent before playing. I also don't know what you mean by 3 CCW's in them. Do you mean three guys have bolter + ccw? bp + ccw?

1 Blood Claw pack - 10 bolt pistols, 7 cc weapons, 1 power fist, and 1 master crafted weapon, and 1 pelt for my sarge
    Again, BCs are not allowed sargents, nor can they mastercraft weapons, and why do some of them have a bp, but not a ccw?

Hrm.. before I go on like this, do you have a Space Wolves codex? Please re-post your list in a more organized fashion in accordance with the codex. My apologies if this seems harsh, but at the moment what you have posted contains a great deal of errors.
    "A word to the wise is infuriating." - Hunter Thompson

Projects: Warhammer 40k: Checkmate & JohnPublic's Board

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What the, where does it say that space wolves are not allowed sargents? I am going through it right now and I, for the life of me, am not finding a rule wherre hunters or claws can not have sergents.

On page 20 of the Space Wolves Codex it mentions that Sergeants can feature variations on the standard pack marking.

That thar tells me that they are allowed sergeants.

Either way, if you are right, I just recently bought 4 wolf guard, 2 of them sergeants, that can be used as pack leaders, so no real harm done.

Also, Master Crafted Weapons are listed in the wargear section. But if thats still so that hunters cant use master crafted weapons, then they are power weapons.

And when I say there are 10 BP but only 7 CC, thats only because 7 of my soldiers are using standard CCW weapons. The rest is either a power fist or master crafted weapon or such.

But either way I'll fix the army list
    Last edited by Ninja Kinshu; December 20th, 2005 at 03:04.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    121 (x2)

Try not to think it in terms of what it doesn't say they can't have. Think of it in terms of what the codex specifically CAN have. When you look in the space marine codex it says a squad consists of a sergeant and 4-9 marines. When you look at the grey hunter listing it says 6-10 grey hunters. It does not mention a sergeant and therefore they do not get one. The space wolf codex takes precedent in all instances. Only refer to the space marine codex when the sw codex specifically says to.

Grey hunters may not have master crafted weapons because it is a selection in the armory. Only characters and units that specifically state that they may take wargear can take wargear. This is what makes certain options, like WGPLs, so beneficial.

I do see on page 20 under the shoulderpad painting guide where it mentions sergeants and have to assume that it was either written before the devs decided GH and BC packs did not get them or is a typo.

Before you repost your list take a look at a few of the other lists already in this section and try to model your detail after them.
    "A word to the wise is infuriating." - Hunter Thompson

Projects: Warhammer 40k: Checkmate & JohnPublic's Board

+ Reply to Thread