REVISED 1500 pt Dark angels - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    117 (x6)

REVISED 1500 pt Dark angels

REVISED 1500 pt Dark angels

ok here is the revised list to my previous post.
    the force is now about 1750 with the DW terminators now included.
    (i plan to build it up to about 2000 by adding a ravenwing bike squad with attack bike. and also adding asmodai back in once iv done that)

HQ:
    (have dropped asmodai for now)
    Ezekial & command squad (stubborn)

Command squad:
    (apothecary & standard bearer are dropped)
    -Company champion with power sword & combat shied & bolt pistol
    -Veteran Sergeant with bolter (sadly i cant add a powerfist as suggested)
    -Veteran Marine with bolter
    -Marine with heavy bolter
    -Marine with melta gun (option of changing for plasma gun or flamer or bolter, i dont care)
    -Rhino transport with extra armour

Elites:
    Dreadnaught with assult cannon & power fist. Extra armour & drop pod. (possibly venerable too)
    (unfortunately i cant change it to lasconnon & ML bcoz its already finished so dont bother saying that)

Deathwing Terminators (x5)
    sergeant with storm bolter & power sword
    3 with storm bolters & chainfists
    1 with assult cannon & chanfist
    (all stubborn)

Troops:
    tac squad (6)
    Veteran sergeant with plasma pistol & CCW. (stubborn)
    1 metla gun
    4 bolters

tac squad (6)
    sergeant with bolter (can be stubborn if i want)
    1 lasconnon
    3 bolters
    1 plasma gun

tac squad (
    Veteran sergeant with plasma gun (can be stubborn)
    1 plasma cannon
    5 bolters
    1 bolt pistol & auspex

One or 2 of the above tac squads can have a drop pod, which one i havent decided.

fast attack:
    Landspeeder Typhoon (yes iv been told its cr*p, dont need to be told again, unless your going to give me tips on how to make use of it).

Heavy support:
    Landraider with pintle mounted storm bolter & extra armour(optional)
    (i know its a 'points-sink' in a smallish army. but i really need the extra lascannons & transport ability, its kills 2 birds with one stone (instead of getting a predator annihilator AND a rhino), and does both more effectively (less likely to be popped than a rhino..

Devastator squad (6)
    sergeant with bolter
    1 lascannon
    1 plasma cannon
    1 heavy bolter
    1 missile launcher
    1 marine with bolter (to boost numbers and make it an even number of 6)
    (no im not making a dev 8 man squad with 4 missile launchers bcoz they arent sold seperately so dont bother saying that again)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel the same with you on the dev squad. $120 in tac squads for 4 Marines with missiles... While its nice to have that many extra Battle-Brothers its just not convineant for a beginer or soem one who knows exactly what they want, you like you seam to.

I converted 4 Hunter killer missiles to make my dev squad! So basicaly take 4 extra men and give them Hunter killers, looking at your list you should have atleast two and probobly one marine with a missile form a tac squad box. Its easy and way more efffective than your squad(No offense) If you have already purchased the Dev squad box set use the heavy weapons in other squads. Or at least do that and buy 4 las/plasma cannon blisters...

mixing las and plasma isent a bad idea either, the squad will posse a threat to every unit in an opponents army. It can hunt tank and infantry effectivly and is death to any terminator squad you run in to.
    Last edited by Fallout; December 25th, 2005 at 21:27.

Ghost of LO ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    185 (x8)

eh, this list needs a lot of help, start by reading the tacticas by chaos brynn and others, then check other peoples lists, look at some of the DA lists in the vote war sections, very good lists there, perhaps model your army off those, or you could look at an ultra marine army and see how you could improve your list by incorperating some of those things into the list.

HQ:
    (have dropped asmodai for now)
    Ezekial & command squad (stubborn)
    Really, you should not be using special charactors, most opponents have issues witht he use of them, and knowing where D6 units will go is nice, its not essential. Id simply make a good chaplain, or master, or maybe lib, although they are pretty spendy.

-Company champion with power sword & combat shied & bolt pistol
    -Veteran Sergeant with bolter (sadly i cant add a powerfist as suggested)
    -Veteran Marine with bolter
    -Marine with heavy bolter
    -Marine with melta gun (option of changing for plasma gun or flamer or bolter, i dont care)
    -Rhino transport with extra armour
    Fortaniltally, i know a little secret about warhammer, your sgt is made of plastic right?
    If so, use pliars or a saw to remove the horribly worthless bolter, and add a powerfist, as suggest. Keep the melta gun. Ditch the heavy bolter. Ditch the rihno, take a drop pod instead, proxy a drop pod with your rihno, clame until GW (not forge world) you may use proxys, such is true untill your in a tourney, and by the looks of it, you wont be.

Elites:
    Dreadnaught with assult cannon & power fist. Extra armour & drop pod. (possibly venerable too)
    (unfortunately i cant change it to lasconnon & ML bcoz its already finished so dont bother saying that)
    Dont add venerable to this style dread.

Buy another dread if you feel you need a shooty dread, if so, make that one venerable.

Deathwing Terminators (x5)
    sergeant with storm bolter & power sword
    3 with storm bolters & chainfists
    1 with assult cannon & chanfist
    (all stubborn)
    Lose all but 1 chain fists, the chain on the fist can be removed using teeth, or a knife, even a hard push of a finger, if its plastic. (you dont have to remove the whole fist, simply the chain part) Finally you need another Assault cannon termintor. They need a drop pod
    1 sgt with power sword, storm bolter, 1 with storm bolter power fist, 2 with assault cannons drop pod + librarain HQ in termintor armour, makes a great DA command squad. Much better then the one above. Drop pod.
    Troops:
    tac squad (6)
    Veteran sergeant with plasma pistol & CCW. (stubborn)
    1 metla gun
    4 bolters
    Make this 10 man, sgt should hold a bolt pistol and powerfist. Give them the drop pod.

tac squad (6)
    sergeant with bolter (can be stubborn if i want)
    1 lasconnon
    3 bolters
    1 plasma gun
    Make the sgt be a normal sgt, (no termintor honours) Intractable will keep you from falling back.
    tac squad (
    Veteran sergeant with plasma gun (can be stubborn)
    1 plasma cannon
    5 bolters
    1 bolt pistol & auspex
    Your venteran sgt, techincally cant hold the plsama gun, down grade him to that he does not have termintor honours. lose the auspex, to make the squad legal (you need not remove the scanner, call it something else, like a life signs scanner, ect, which has no effect on the game, and is therefor 0 points. Otherwise this squad is fine, rememver intractable will keep you from falling back.

fast attack:
    Landspeeder Typhoon (yes iv been told its cr*p, dont need to be told again, unless your going to give me tips on how to make use of it).
    Dont even bother fielding is, use the points on somthing else.

Heavy support:
    Landraider with pintle mounted storm bolter & extra armour(optional)
    (i know its a 'points-sink' in a smallish army. but i really need the extra lascannons & transport ability, its kills 2 birds with one stone (instead of getting a predator annihilator AND a rhino), and does both more effectively (less likely to be popped than a rhino..
    Again dont bother, simply play a 1250 list, or something, instead of 1500, untill you can get a desent list going.

Devastator squad (6)
    sergeant with bolter
    1 lascannon
    1 plasma cannon
    1 heavy bolter
    1 missile launcher
    1 marine with bolter (to boost numbers and make it an even number of 6)
    (no im not making a dev 8 man squad with 4 missile launchers bcoz they arent sold seperately so dont bother saying that again)
    Then dont field them, simply play a 1000 points list, as you dont have the army to field a 1500 list, You could make a desent 1000 point list.

You should have at least 2 missle launchers, i assume you bought the minium 2 troop boxes. And you have 2 vehicels, you should have 4 MLS right there, what the issue. IF you glued your misile launcher to your tanks, id suggest you do everything possible to remove them. Such as using your hand and pulling them off. Peace.
    Questions about drop pods? Click Here.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Death From Above!
    Need help with your HQ? Click Here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

117 (x6)

lol ...
    'no offence' but some ppl on here seem to think that every player should have the same squads just bcoz they are effective... i think if every SM player had a dev squad with 4 ML's or tac sqauds all led by a serg w/ powerfists itd get pretty boring pretty quickly wouldnt it!?..
    Also seem to take the game too seriously..and thats exactly what it is..a GAME!!

If u want to offer help then try reconfiguring the squads i already have,, i dont want to hear ppl say 'get rid of the landraider' when i spent XX dollars & hours on it.. then 'get this' and spend another XX dollars & hours on something else, just bcoz its like 50 points cheaper.. which would be nice..but seriously not worth it... keep in mind my list isnt a proposal, its existing. which means iv already baught all those things and painted them etc.. so minor changes only please..

Ppl also seem to forget that if a unit is 'points heavy'..its for a reason!..ie..that they are GOOD!.. thats my way of thinking..

LO Oldie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by DA_recruit
    If u want to offer help then try reconfiguring the squads i already have,, i dont want to hear ppl say 'get rid of the landraider' when i spent XX dollars & hours on it.. then 'get this' and spend another XX dollars & hours on something else, just bcoz its like 50 points cheaper.. which would be nice..but seriously not worth it... keep in mind my list isnt a proposal, its existing. which means iv already baught all those things and painted them etc.. so minor changes only please..
    Then why should anyone offer abvice if you are just going to trash it and say stuff like "im not gonna change it" So if your not going to buy anything else then why post the list anyways. If this is all you have then there is obviously nothing we can do to help you out.
    2000pts Orks 4-2-1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

117 (x6)

im not 'trashing' what people are saying. But when they ignore something i say, like that its not supposed to be a super-competetive tournament list.. but then they go ahead and tell me its not good enough for one anyway--"unless your in a tourny..which you obviously wont be..".. well then i have a prob wit that. i dont mind constructive criticism, but not outright B*tching..

& i was only saying theres nothing wrong with a bit of originality rather than telling everyone to have the same things just bcoz theyre effective. a fair comment i thought.

Anyway disregard this thread.

+ Reply to Thread