2000 pt. pure gk's - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 pt. pure gk's

PURITAN DH ARMY
    HQ
    Grand Master-
    Psycannon-
    Nemesis force weapon-
    Icon of the Just-
    Teleport Homer-
    Psychic power- (im counting it as 15 pts, so i can decide before the game which one to use)
    Total- 225

Retinue-
    4 Terminators –
    Psycannon-
    Holocaust-
    Total- 229
    ELITE

2x
    Terminators (4 & 1 brother captain)-
    2x Psycannons-
    TOTAL- 590

TROOPS

2x
    Grey Knights (5 & 1 justicar)-
    2x psycannons-

TOTAL- 450

FAST ATTACK

DS Grey Knights (6 & 1 justicar)
    2 incinerators
    teleport homer
    TOTAL- 220

HEAVY SUPPORT2x
    Dreadnaught
    Twin-linked lascannon
    Missile launcher
    Total- 280
    TOTAL-------- 1999

this is it, i want to keep it as pure as possible, but please, any suggestions are welcome. as u can tell, gonna b footslogging, cos i dont really feel like buying LRCs for everyone... anyways, any help would be great thanks
    GM Halls

Last edited by Grand Master Halls; December 22nd, 2005 at 16:55.
    =][=

GM HALLS

Daemons shall crumble before my might!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x3)

Grand Master-
    Psycannon-
    Nemesis force weapon-
    Icon of the Just-
    Teleport Homer-
    Psychic power- (im counting it as 20 pts, so i can decide before the game which one to use)
    Total- 225

Retinue-
    4 Terminators –
    Psycannon-
    Holocaust-
    Total- 229
    Footsloggint these up is a bad idea. I would somehow make some room for a LRC or maybe have a inquistor storm troopers in a chimera or rhino and give the leader teleport homer to teleport GM and FAGK up. (im not sure if yuou can give inquistor storm trooper leader wargear so if you can't just put a inquistor with them with it).

2x
    Grey Knights (5 & 1 justicar)-
    2x psycannons-
    I would take these out for points and put in 2 inquistor squads some heavy weapons. Have one of them in a rhino or chimera with a inquistor and have them set the portal instead of having your GM and retinue footslog up.

Hope this is clear..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im glad to have the response, but (no offense) you gave me no real help. And, i was actually planning on trying to DS them. But i said i wanted to keep it pure gk so the stormtroopers are sorta not welcome... well i decided against all of ur suggestions. and by the way, my HQ termie retinue will teleport in with the GM's teleport homer (its not just there for fun). either that, or the GK FA will teleport in, and then their teleport homer (sry i left it out on accident, now i edited it back in) will call in the HQ, making the HQ (5 GKT), FA (7 FA), and elites (10 GKT) all in 1 place, hopefully really close to the enemy. i doubt your army could take that kind of pressure, so dont make corrections without thinking about the strategy behind it. alright sorry, that was uncalled for. but i just was checking to see if people thought this was good for a Pure GK army. i agree that my troops are vulnerable to long range attacks, but they can take it. after all, they are the imperium's best .
    any more specific suggestions (like: take out the second dred for a ...) stuff like that
    ~GM Halls
    =][=

GM HALLS

Daemons shall crumble before my might!

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Grand Master Halls
    im glad to have the response, but (no offense) you gave me no real help. And, i was actually planning on trying to DS them.
    You can't deepstrike Grey Knight units that take up Troops choice slots. They have to walk it. (Unless you also purchase a LR or LRC for a Heavy Support choice.) Only GKs that take up a Fast Attack slot can teleport. As such, I agree with wAr_GaMeR: your troops units are too small. And by swapping out their NFW/stormbolters for psycannons, you're making them far less effective in CC. Furthermore, anytime these guys move, their psycannons -- which admittedly are awesome weapons -- are reduced to 18" range, 6" shorter than their stormbolters would have been.

Generally speaking, it's not worth the loss of the NFW/stormbolters to put psycannons on PAGKs or FAGKs. Psycannons properly belong on GK Terminators or dedicated fire support units like Inquisitorial retinues. Dropping the psycannons from your PAGKs has the immediate benefit of giving you points for two more PAGKs per squad, which is what you should do.

Speaking of special weapons, use of incinerators, even on FAGKs, is not something I personally like doing. Again, I hate losing those NFWs! However, this is more a matter of taste than anything else, as a well-placed GK squad with an incinerator can do some serious damage, even with the loss of subsequent CC power. It's worth noting, however, that, if you're tight for points, dropping GK special weapons is the first thing to consider.

Quote Originally Posted by Grand Master Halls
    and by the way, my HQ termie retinue will teleport in with the GM's teleport homer (its not just there for fun). either that, or the GK FA will teleport in, and then their teleport homer (sry i left it out on accident, now i edited it back in) will call in the HQ, making the HQ (5 GKT), FA (7 FA), and elites (10 GKT) all in 1 place, hopefully really close to the enemy. i doubt your army could take that kind of pressure, so dont make corrections without thinking about the strategy behind it.
    The best place for your teleport homers are on units that are on the ground, not on units that are going to teleport in. As you note, your strategy is to bunch up your forces. You're wasting points putting homers on squads that have to teleport in because you can't control which ones will come down, or when they will come down. So you're just wasting points on TP homers on the squads that come down last. Or what if they all come down in the same turn? You've just wasted 10 pts per TP homer per squad.

Buy teleport homers for the justicars in your PAGK squads. Then you can choose which squad needs the support when you make your reserves rolls.

Also, I don't think psychic powers are a worthy buy on Terminators. These guys will already rip apart anything, and I hate the possibility of my uber-expensive GKTs suffering from possible failures and perils of the warp. Note that some powers will cause the entire squad to suffer! Ouch! I would recommend that you spend the points you're currently spending on psychic powers on additional GK or GKT models.

Personally, I like your dreadnoughts just the way they are. Most people recommend having at least one with the AC/DCCW build -- and it is indeed awesome -- but in pure GK lists you've got more than enough CC and troop-clearing power. Keep your dreads in the back to provide long-range fire support and blast tanks while you move your GKs into position.
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

+ Reply to Thread