Librarium Online Forums banner

[1500] Blood Angels - Just got back in 40k

563 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  chickenpowder 
#1 ·
Ok so a the title says I am back from a small relief from 40k. I have around 3000 - 3500 points of both BA and Biel-tan Eldar, So I can change it up in a wide range of ways. But I am mainly taking focus upon my Blood Angels. I was digging through my sketches, lists, and designs for scenery for my tournament lists, only to find they are all back in the days of the Rhino rush! So, I am posting my previous list that I used "back in the day." I changed a couple thing, which wouldn't of made sense according to todays regulations.
So now what i am purposing to you is is to help in modifying this list to what a tournament Blood Angel list should look like, my local gaming store is mainly filled with chaos, Daemonhunter, and other marine players (and one IG player that pops in and out).
So without further ado here is my....'outdated' BA list:

HQ
Chaplain - Master of Sanctity @ 252pts
- Bolt Pistol
- Jump Pack
- Terminator Honours
- Melta-bombs
- Frag Grenades
w/ D3 + 3 Death Company (Jump Packs)

Troops
Tactical squad #1 @ 120pts
4 marines w/ bolters
1 marine w/ lascannon
1 Veteran sergeant

Tactical Squad #2 @ 264pts
8 marines w/ bolters
1 marine w/ melta gun
1 veteran sergeant
- Power Weapon
- Melta Bombs
Rhino
- Smoke Launchers
- Extra Armour
- Searchlights

Tactical Squad #3 @ 254pts
8 marines w/ bolters
1 marine w/ melta gun
1 veteran sergeant
- Melta Bombs
Rhino
- Smoke Launchers
- Extra Armour
- Searchlights

Scout Squad @ 114pts
5 Scouts w/ bp and ccw
1 Veteran Seargent
- Melta Bombs
1 Scout w/ Heavy Bolter

Fast Attack
Assault Squad @ 187pts
6 Assault marines
- 4 w/ bp and ccw
- 2 w/ plasma pistols and ccw
1 Veteran Sergeant
- Power fist

Land Speeder Tornado @ 80pts
- Assault Cannon
- Heavy Bolter

Land Speeder Tornado @ 80pts
- Assault Cannon
- Heavy Bolter

Heavy Support
Predator Annihilator @ 150pts
- Twin linked Lascannons
- Side Sponson Lascannons
- Extra Armour

TOTAL: 1,500pts

You've heard my story, now I need to hear your advice!

See less See more
#2 ·
Chaplain and DC look good, tho melta bombs might not be needed with Str9 re-roll to hit p.fists in DC.

Troops are fine too, tho personally i dont like the Rhino-mounted tank busters. Rhinos blow up way too easily for my tastes. I prefer more squads like ur Tac 1 or squads of 6 w/lascan+plasma gun+V. Sgt.
Scouts aren't fitted nicely. If u want them to CC, lose the HB, boost up the squad size and give Sgt. some p.fist or p.wep. If u want the shooty scouts, give every1 bolters instead,

More bodies in assault squad plz, at least 8, better a full 10. U might lose some guys to DC and that'd be disaster if the resulting squad is only 5-man strong...

LSTs are excellent.

Predator. Hmmm, some ppl love this configuration tho i prefer HB sponsons myself - being able to move and shoot everything is better than having to stay still to fire at full effect IMO. but it's ur choice.

#3 ·
Lets see...

Dump the meltabombs all 'round. No need chasing down vehicles with troops.

Dump the rhinos. Maybe a drop pods instead?

Since you are BA, I'd replace the Annihilator with the Baal.

With extra points from those deletions, I'd buy either a dreadnaught or some more tactical marines--you could go for the cheese, make as many 5-man tac squads with lascannons as possible. This would give you more chances for a pumped up DC as well as giving you some anti-tank punch. If you don't want to spend your points there, more LSTs are always nice, as they are great at both anti-tank and anti-personnel.

#4 ·
However, he does have to check for Blood Rage. That makes 5x+1xLascannon dangerious. I would drop them, and drop one of the LST down to a MMLS. This would allow you to grrab a LC+ML dread. Also you will need to deciede one a purpose for your scout squad. Aslo drop the melta's and grab a Power-Fist for both Tac-Squads

#5 ·
Novelizer said:
However, he does have to check for Blood Rage. That makes 5x+1xLascannon dangerious. I would drop them, and drop one of the LST down to a MMLS. This would allow you to grrab a LC+ML dread. Also you will need to deciede one a purpose for your scout squad. Aslo drop the melta's and grab a Power-Fist for both Tac-Squads
True, but that's why I'd say more of the small tac squads + lascannon. He'd need some AT punch, and odds are they aren't ALL gonna fail their Black Rage test.

#6 ·
The BA player around here use's Rhinos to great affect. Espcially with smoke launchers he is almost impossible to touch in those damn things. He uses 2 ten man Tac-Squads; with a MG and Vet with PF; an assualt squad, a High priest with Honor Guard, and a Predator with Las-Cannons. He usually steamrolls his opponents.

#7 ·
yeh drop the lascannon in ur tactical squad,
i'd say take the lascannons off ur pred n replace them with heavy bolters to create a much better support tank, blood angels arent supposed to sit back n shoot,

Also look at Lemartes as a HQ or similar chaplains with jump packs cause Death company with jump packs are worth allot and seeing as lemartes gets a squad of death company anyway of 3+D3 uve got a squad of FREE men who can get back up again when knocked down.

Good use of the new rapid fire rulls usin ur rhino with full tactical squad but with only a half squad for the other.

Scouts suck no matter wot anyone says, only good as a break water. but at 13pts a model..... is it worth it??

#8 ·
consider drop pods for ur tac squads, rhinos suk nowadays. Drop in and rapid-fire, and if the enemy is dumb enough to not charge u, u can FURIOUS CHARGE them in return, yay!
I agree with Belial, with BA, the Baal is much better than any other Pred. God, 4 TL Rending shots are so nice...
If u dump the rhinos for pods and use a baal instead, then use the pts leftover to max out the assault squad.

Otherwise gd list

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.